PDA

View Full Version : Unsung hero from Sunday

Philagape
09-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Andy Levitre had a great game.

He was a big reason why Jackson did so well.
He consistently got good push, often upfield, pulled effectively, and won almost every one-on-one battle I saw. He pwned Dorsey and Gregg. Pass protected well too.

Thought this was notable considering the Rinehart drama in the preseason.

CAbills
09-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Bell also played pretty well. Maybe because the team new there wasn't real offensive line competition they manufactured some in camp by moving players to second team and what not.

Could the Bills be that smart? Naw never mind.

RoscoeMagic
09-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Agree. From what I've seen, he's been our best lineman the past two seasons. Hopefully that Rinehart/Levitre/Bell thing motivated all of them to elevate their play. Still so relieved those clowns Howard and Wrotto are off the roster.

A few more unsungs: I thought Urbik played well too. And our ST unit, Searcy, Shep, McIntyre, Moorman etc. the whole game gave us great field position. EDIT- especially that opening kickoff :rockon:

DraftBoy
09-14-2011, 12:49 PM
The left side of our line was very good, the right side left something to be desired.

BillsWin
09-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Andy Levitre had a great game.

He was a big reason why Jackson did so well.
He consistently got good push, often upfield, pulled effectively, and won almost every one-on-one battle I saw. He pwned Dorsey and Gregg. Pass protected well too.

Thought this was notable considering the Rinehart drama in the preseason.

Jackson had a field day up the left side. Levitre, Bell and Wood deserve props.

RoscoeMagic
09-14-2011, 12:52 PM
The left side of our line was very good, the right side left something to be desired.

What did Urbik do so poorly? Maybe I missed something, I only watched it once. Thought Pears was fine as well minus that one Hali sack.

DraftBoy
09-14-2011, 12:57 PM
What did Urbik do so poorly? Maybe I missed something, I only watched it once. Thought Pears was fine as well minus that one Hali sack.

Pears gave up a lot of push into the pocket not even including the sack and while Urbik held at POA he was unable to open up consistent holes in the running game.

Not good enough.

CAbills
09-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Isn't the left side Tyson Jackson? I remember on the interview with the Chiefs radio guy he said if you want to run on the Chiefs run at Tyson Jackson.

kishoph
09-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Pears gave up a lot of push into the pocket not even including the sack and while Urbik held at POA he was unable to open up consistent holes in the running game.

Not good enough.

I didn't see any problem with the running game to the right on Sunday, the majority of run plays that were stuffed were to the left. I think the line as a whole did a good job.

Bulldog
09-14-2011, 01:36 PM
I'll reserve judgment on the o-line until after the Raiders game. If they can hold their own against that front, I'll be impressed. The Raiders d-line is nasty and they like to get after it.

madness
09-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Never mind the illegal head slap Hali used to get that sack on Pears.

Beebe's Kid
09-14-2011, 02:49 PM
The oline played well. I bet if you ask Freddie, he of the 100yds rushing day, he will agree.

We controlled the tempo of that game, gave Fitzy plenty of time, and had a 100 yd rusher.

I guess that if we weren't up against another NFL team, it would be justifiable to expect 100% perfection, but I am just going to judge the game by the results, and when you add up all of that, it looks pretty damn good.

The Raiders game brings a new challenge, with new results for us to analyze their play over. There are no big name FA's on the line, and we picked Spiller and Dareus the last two years in the 1st...that will lead to them never being good enough for many people here.

I know that last Sunday was ****ing awesome, and I hope we get that same feeling this week!

Go Bills