PDA

View Full Version : Zone Exclusive: One Fan's View

northernbillfan
09-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Here is this week's OFV from Kevin Shenoy. Enjoy.

To put up 41 points on the road against last year’s division winner is no joke. Does it mean we are playoff bound? Does it indicate that the tides have turned? Does it mean I was way off base in my 4-12 prediction? I don’t know.
I’m weary. In 2003, we crushed the Patriots (which incidentally for the one reader of this column who doesn’t know, that was the last time we beat the Patriots). In 2008, the Bills beat the Seahawks and started on a 5-1 record before only winning 2 of the last 10 games. If celebrity deaths have taught us anything, bad things happen in threes. Gulp!

So while I was fairly impressed with the 60 minutes of domination, I am hesitant to change my initial prediction of 4-12. I may very well decide to say that the Bills are a legit team later down the road, but think of me like a rating agency. I’ll give you a definitive rating of the Bills well after the season is over when everyone else actually knows what they know. “hey look at this, Kevin Shenoy has determined the 15-1 Bills are a playoff team.”

I don’t want to be like the 5th judge overseeing yet another drunken Lindsay Lohan trial and make the judgement, “You seem to have rehabbed nicely from your prior 4 incidents, I’m sure you are going to stay out of trouble from here on out. I think this Dolce & Gabanna diamond-studded anklet tracker should prevent you from drinking rubbing alcohol.” So I recommend watching a couple more games before we pass judgment, namely the Patriots game.

Full article (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2011/09/14/one_fans_view_fairly_impressive.php)

psubills62
09-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Good article, trap.

Completely agree with the part about ESPN not talking about us. I stayed up past the Dallas/NYJ game hoping for some sort of discussion. At 1 a.m. or so, I just quit.

What always amuses me is when some team is doing well (like Tampa Bay last year, for instance), and finally, towards the end of the season, ESPN starts talking about them and in their discussions they say, "it's the best team no one is talking about." No, you're the ONLY place that hasn't been talking about them because all you think about is Boston, New York, and Dallas. Oh and maybe Chicago once in a while.

trapezeus
09-14-2011, 02:59 PM
thanks. i think i gave up exactly at 1am as well. that stupid met baseball game went on forever or the blitz would have showed around 11.