PDA

View Full Version : Fred Jackson on ESPN 2 NOW

BillsWin
09-14-2011, 03:27 PM
On Jim Rome is burning.

I'm at work, can someone please summarize when he's done?

SquishDaFish
09-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Im watching so no problem man

BillsWin
09-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Im watching so no problem man

Much thanks buddy. I'm sure there are other info mooches out there who appreciate it as well!

Mad Max
09-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Listening to this guy talk as compared to listening to leastmode or Mcgimpy is like a breath of fresh air.

Just quiet workman like confidence.

tampabay25690
09-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Great interview........
I think the team knows that the Ralph will be OVER HYPED for Sunday and they will be extra motivated early.....

Can't wait for Sunday

ServoBillieves
09-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Listening to this guy talk as compared to listening to leastmode or Mcgimpy is like a breath of fresh air.

Just quiet workman like confidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_WxcNirNDM

Who else misses Ellis?

Mad Max
09-14-2011, 03:58 PM

Who else misses Ellis?

Poor guy. He seemed like a nice kid.

The two donkeys I mentioned were...not. Just a couple of arrogant, underachievers who liked to talk a lot of ish.

DraftBoy
09-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Nothing too interesting.

Half the interview was spent baiting Jackson into talking about his contract issue.

SquishDaFish
09-14-2011, 04:15 PM
They begin by showing the ass kicking in KC LOL

JR: Do you ever go in expecting a beat down in their house like that??

FJ: Its the NFL so you expect it to be alot closer but we were going in confident and knew we can play with anybody. We were able to go make plays, the defense got us the ball and we were able to put some points up on them.

JR : Do you feel like a win like that sends a statement around the league after the way last year went down?

FJ : It does and thats what we want. We wanted to go put ourselves on the map and we feel thats what we did. Our defense showed up for us and we made plays. But it is only 1 game we have to continue this.

JR : You were the 1st Bills RB to put up 100 on opening day since Willis and Byron Scott said you ran angry is that how it was??

FJ : It is and thats a great way to put it. Thats how I am I like to be physical.

JR : Theres being agressive and theres being angry. Is there something in particular your mad about??

FJ : Its just a lack of respect we are given as a team so thats how we need to play. Play with a chip on our shoulders play angry and just do what we are supposed to do on the field. We are happy to be out there.

JR : What about your personal situation in Buffalo? Do you feel the team is giving you the respect you have earned??

FJ : I feel like Ive played like a #1 for a number of year and hope something gets done about it but I will continue to play hard and be a leader and make plays when my # is called and I will continue to do it and hope something gets done about it.

JR : If you have to keep earning something you already earned does it get old??

FJ : It does get old but you know nothing is givin to you you have to earn it. Ill keep working and doing what I have to.

JR : You played this game for a long time and then were out of the game for a little bit did you ever think Football dream wasnt meant to be??

FJ : I did have my degree so that was #1 first. I did have a full time job but thats not what I wanted. I had to keep pushing forward and watch enough film as possible and keep plugging. I made the right friends. I was a great friend with Coach Levy and he told me if he ever came back and had another chance that he would give me one. And he was true to his word he did and I took full advantage of it and its gotten me to where I am today.

JR : Give me your thoughts on what Rodney Harrison said about S. Johnsons block on Berry. He said it was "Cowardly" What are your thoughts??

FJ : I think thats the wrong choice of words. I personally am happy about that block. I break a tackle and one of the games best players is on the ground you know that makes it easy for me. It wasnt cowardly. He had a chance to protect himself. For him to make that statement is cowardly about himself.

JR : Fact is its a legal hit.

FJ : Thats the point it wasnt from behind he had a chance to protect or avoid. For anyone to say its cheap doesnt know what they are talking about.

JR : Should it be illegal and should NFL look at that rule??

FJ : I dont think so. If you have a chance to avoid or protect yourself it should be illegal. I get hit in the knees all the time. Anytime you get a chance to protect it shouldnt be illegal.

JR : Bills fans are fierce and loyal. You guys are coming off a big win. What kind of vibe do you expect when you come home to face the raiders??

FJ : Should be a great vibe. We have the greatest fans in the league. Hopefully we can get them another Win. They are a big physical team.

FR : Teams turn it around quick in this league. Can you guys make the big step and make the playoffs this year??

FJ : We feel like it. Thats the goal. Everytime you step on the field you want to win. So why not us??

RoscoeMagic
09-14-2011, 04:45 PM

FJ: Its the NFL so you expect it to be alot closer but we were going in confident and knew we can play with anybody. We were able to go make plays, the defense got us the ball and we were able to put some points up on them.

JR : Do you feel like a win like that sends a statement around the league after the way last year went down?

FJ : It does and thats what we want. We wanted to go put ourselves on the map and we feel thats what we did. Our defense showed up for us and we made plays. But it is only 1 game we have to continue this.

JR : You were the 1st Bills RB to put up 100 on opening day since Willis and Byron Scott said you ran angry is that how it was??

FJ : It is and thats a great way to put it. Thats how I am I like to be physical.

JR : Theres being agressive and theres being angry. Is there something in particular your mad about??

FJ : Its just a lack of respect we are given as a team so thats how we need to play. Play with a chip on our shoulders play angry and just do what we are supposed to do on the field. We are happy to be out there.

JR : What about your personal situation in Buffalo? Do you feel the team is giving you the respect you have earned??

FJ : I feel like Ive played like a #1 for a number of year and hope something gets done about it but I will continue to play hard and be a leader and make plays when my # is called and I will continue to do it and hope something gets done about it.

FJ : It does get old but you know nothing is givin to you you have to earn it. Ill keep working and doing what I have to.

JR : You played this game for a long time and then were out of the game for a little bit did you ever think Football dream wasnt meant to be??

FJ : I did have my degree so that was #1 first. I did have a full time job but thats not what I wanted. I had to keep pushing forward and watch enough film as possible and keep plugging. I made the right friends. I was a great friend with Coach Levy and he told me if he ever came back and had another chance that he would give me one. And he was true to his word he did and I took full advantage of it and its gotten me to where I am today.

JR : Give me your thoughts on what Rodney Harrison said about S. Johnsons block on Berry. He said it was "Cowardly" What are your thoughts??

FJ : I think thats the wrong choice of words. I personally am happy about that block. I break a tackle and one of the games best players is on the ground you know that makes it easy for me. It wasnt cowardly. He had a chance to protect himself. For him to make that statement is cowardly about himself.

FJ : Thats the point it wasnt from behind he had a chance to protect or avoid. For anyone to say its cheap doesnt know what they are talking about.

FJ : I dont think so. If you have a chance to avoid or protect yourself it should be illegal. I get hit in the knees all the time. Anytime you get a chance to protect it shouldnt be illegal.

JR : Bills fans are fierce and loyal. You guys are coming off a big win. What kind of vibe do you expect when you come home to face the raiders??

FJ : Should be a great vibe. We have the greatest fans in the league. Hopefully we can get them another Win. They are a big physical team.

FR : Teams turn it around quick in this league. Can you guys make the big step and make the playoffs this year??

FJ : We feel like it. Thats the goal. Everytime you step on the field you want to win. So why not us??

Thanks man!

Was it sad that I read every "JR" in his voice? Ahhh I can't get Rome's rhythmic tone out of my head.

SquishDaFish
09-14-2011, 04:47 PM
:roflmao: Your very welcome. Thank god for DVR lol

BillsWin
09-14-2011, 04:54 PM

Superb my friend. Much gratitude.

PromoTheRobot
09-14-2011, 05:13 PM
FJ reminds me of Thurman. He always felt disrespected since he was not drafted in Round 1. Always ran angry.

PTR

SquishDaFish
09-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Your very welcome bro

justasportsfan
09-14-2011, 06:04 PM
thanks squish

BLeonard
09-14-2011, 06:21 PM

Who else misses Ellis?

I understood him fine... Just need to listed to it a bit differently...

<object width="560" height="345"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rFQTaXY6eP8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rFQTaXY6eP8?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="345" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

-Bill

Bulldog
09-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Rodney Harrison should be the last guy on earth to say a hit is cowardly. One of the dirtiest cheap shots to ever play the game. *****!

better days
09-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Rodney Harrison should be the last guy on earth to say a hit is cowardly. One of the dirtiest cheap shots to ever play the game. *****!

And Stevies hit was LEGAL. Many of Harrisons were NOT.

Oaf
09-15-2011, 12:51 AM
Harrison was right to say it was cowardly. He would have used the *crown* of his helmet through the *side* of the knee.

Beebe's Kid
09-15-2011, 01:51 AM
Why not us?

There you have it.