NOT THE DUDE...
09-14-2011, 07:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv2O7oC5EOg&feature=channel_video_title:air:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-14-2011, 07:57 PM
WHY is steve tasker NOT in the HOF? he redefined ST

YardRat
09-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Steve Tasker was a special teams god. What a great team.

Bulldog
09-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Man, that stadium was electric. A repeat performance this Sunday would be awesome. 12th man needs to bring the noise this weekend!

NOT THE DUDE...
09-14-2011, 08:11 PM
12TH MAN NEEDS TO BE LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

warsawbassman
09-14-2011, 08:23 PM
First night game I ever went to, I was 13 and had my catholic confermation that morning/afternoon. That Reed TD catch over the top of that DB was insane. Our season tix's were in the tunnel EZ and my grandfather.....yes grandfather lol, kept yelling obscenties all night at Ken Stabler who was part of the TNT broadcast team. TNT had a platform built out over the tunnel that the did the pre/halftime/post game show from. Security finally told him to pipe down or he'd be booted LMAO. To this day (he's 80 now)
I still do not know his beef with Stabler. God I miss those days, and am sure glad I was old enough to remember them.

Coach Sal
09-14-2011, 10:14 PM
I was there with about 5 or 6 friends. Our senior year in HS. We sat pretty high in the upper-deck and could hardly see what was going on on the field all that well. But it didn't matter. Just being a part of the crowd and atmosphere back then was totally cool, especially for 17/18 year old guys who were Buffalo sports nuts.

Man, it would be so awesome to have those kinds of games and seasons and atmospheres again.

Beebe's Kid
09-14-2011, 11:11 PM
I was there with about 5 or 6 friends. Our senior year in HS. We sat pretty high in the upper-deck and could hardly see what was going on on the field all that well. But it didn't matter. Just being a part of the crowd and atmosphere back then was totally cool, especially for 17/18 year old guys who were Buffalo sports nuts.

Man, it would be so awesome to have those kinds of games and seasons and atmospheres again.
I liked the part of the BBN where you were explaining to D Jones that these players have no idea what they are in for if they keep winning. I think a big win this week will set up a perfect storm for the NE game....if the Bills beat the Pats...oh my.

Meathead
09-15-2011, 12:01 AM
was there

OpIv37
09-15-2011, 12:18 AM
Man, I miss that team. So efficient, so professional.

WHY is steve tasker NOT in the HOF? he redefined ST

By random chance, I met Scott Norwood in a bar in Pittsburgh the weekend before Bruce and Ralph were inducted into the HOF. He talked to us for about half an hour, and spent a good portion of that time talking about how amazing Steve Tasker was.

So, it's not just the musings of fanboys from an NFL franchise that consistently overvalues special teams that recognize Tasker's accomplishments. Other football players see it too.

TMu11
09-15-2011, 05:37 AM
I am amazed every time I watch Kelly play again. The throws he makes off balance are incredible

Historian
09-15-2011, 05:45 AM
That game was on TNT on a Sunday night.

Good stuff.

Captain gameboy
09-15-2011, 07:40 AM
The replay and the score at the time don't indicate it, but I remember how bad we looked until Tasker forced that fumble on the punt. The Tasker forced fumble changed that entire game.

Compare that crowd noise with what we heard at KC this past weekend. Admittedly, production standards have changed, but what an obvious and incredible difference.

ublinkwescore
09-15-2011, 07:58 AM
I liked the part of the BBN where you were explaining to D Jones that these players have no idea what they are in for if they keep winning. I think a big win this week will set up a perfect storm for the NE game....if the Bills beat the Pats...oh my.

IF buffalo beats the pats, and that's still a big if... we are a playoff caliber team RIGHT NOW!!!

but we need to worry about the raiders right now. our sole focus has to be on the raiders because we can not afford to lose to them and the patriots. plus if we can beat the raiders go into new England undefeated and knock off an undefeated patriots team, we will have fired the shot heard around the NFL and teams will begin to tremble in fear at the site of us on their schedules.

BillyT92679
09-15-2011, 11:26 AM
I remember that game on TV... the Bills used to play much of their home schedule in the early part of the season. This was the middle game of a three game home stand. The week earlier they looked like crap versus the Broncos until Nate Odomes blocked a David Treadwell kick and Biscuit returned it for a touchdown, then Leonard Smith picked Elway off and returned it for a TD and the Bills then forced an Elway turnover and Kenny Davis ran it in for a TD... 20 points in 77 seconds.

The week after this the Bills would beat the Jets on a Jamie Mueller touchdown catch with 12 seconds left.

BertSquirtgum
09-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Just gave myself chills thinking about how awesome the stadium felt back in the day. i was only about 12 but i remember it very clearly.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-15-2011, 12:58 PM
That pass rush off the edge was awesome!!