PDA

View Full Version : I hate being a Bills fan in Ohio

Mindbender
09-15-2011, 07:59 AM
Today is jersey day at my school. So I wore my CJ Spiller jersey from last year. So far I've gotten asked if I'm a: Texans, Broncos or Patriots fan. A few teachers actually knew what team the jersey is representing. Urgh. Time to get the new jersey. At least the logo is everywhere.

ublinkwescore
09-15-2011, 08:09 AM
try being a bills fan in central california buddy. surrounded by bandwagon fans who like either the cowboys, niners or raiders... all of whom will talk crap - fortunately raiders fans will be silenced this weekend. cowboys later this season, and niners will shut them selves up because they are the worst team of the three mentioned.

Beebe's Kid
09-15-2011, 10:28 AM
I've never cared.

I was on campus last Friday, and I saw a young guy in a Dareus jersey. I can't remember what I had on...maybe a shirt, but I gave him the fist bump and a "Go Bills."

I go to a lot of Pirates games, and concerts in Pittsburgh etc, and there are always are few "Go Bills" exchanges. At this point it says something about our character to not have given up.

I've taken my share of ****, like many have over the years, but I always just tell them that if they don't know now, they will soon enough.

Why not this year? Why not us?

RoscoeMagic
09-15-2011, 10:50 AM
I love being a Bills fan everywhere.

I was in Aruba on vacation this past winter wearing a Bills shirt. I was waiting outside the rent-a-car place across the street from the airport and a guy walks past, points at my shirt, gives a thumbs up and goes "Go Bills. You think we gonna be better next year?" I go, "Can't be any worse."

Then he goes inside to the rent-a-car place and while wife waits outside. He comes back out, gives his wife his phone to give to me. She shows me a picture of them standing outside Ralph Wilson Stadium hahahaha and make small talk for a few more minutes.

The King
09-15-2011, 10:55 AM
The Pats have beat us like 15 straight times... I dont want to hear your crap.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-15-2011, 11:28 AM
I hate being in Ohio.

That sounds better. GO BLUE!!

Mr. Miyagi
09-15-2011, 11:58 AM
It's not easy being a Bills fan in Packer country either, when everyone gets to laugh at your team and you can't say anything since they do hold the trophy.

Mindbender
09-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Ha! Some kid just stopped me in the hall. He said he just benched Matt Ryan on his ff team for Fitzpatrick. He's more confident than I am!

ServoBillieves
09-15-2011, 01:01 PM
I've never cared.

I was on campus last Friday, and I saw a young guy in a Dareus jersey. I can't remember what I had on...maybe a shirt, but I gave him the fist bump and a "Go Bills."

I go to a lot of Pirates games, and concerts in Pittsburgh etc, and there are always are few "Go Bills" exchanges. At this point it says something about our character to not have given up.

I've taken my share of ****, like many have over the years, but I always just tell them that if they don't know now, they will soon enough.

Why not this year? Why not us?

I was probably one of those guys giving you a 'Go Bills' at some point in Pittsburgh. Don't miss that place at all... But I have plenty of "Why aren't you a Panthers fan?" crap down here, and that answer is fairly easy.

But as much as I'm a Buffalo fan, imagine in Pittsburgh in January wearing a Geoff Sanderson jersey while EVERY other kid was wearing either a Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby, Malkin, yada yada, whatever every jersey day? (graduated 06) I was a laughing stock. I even got my nickname "Buffalo" (who's shocked?) because I always had either a Bills or Sabres related item on during school.

When wearing my Bledsoe jersey once, I was asked by actually a very knowledgeable sports fan why I had gone to the Patriots dark side... so yeah, I get the whole calling out the jersey thing, but I'm not giving up my old school studs just yet, but will be picking up a custom of the new jersey here soon.

Wear it proud broseph.

Mad Max
09-15-2011, 02:18 PM

This is the correct answer.

We Bawstoners have it the worst, by far.

But nowadays it's mostly psychological, as noone here considers the Bills a rival. It's mostly pity, perplexed looks, and general indifference that I ever get.

We are the Man from La Mancha...they are the windmill.

Albany,n.y.
09-15-2011, 02:50 PM
The only Jersey Day we had when I was in school was if you messed up, they sent you to New Jersey to punish you.

Mad Max
09-15-2011, 03:11 PM
The only Jersey Day we had when I was in school was if you messed up, they sent you to New Jersey to punish you.

Haha

I had a friend from Jersey whom I used to joke that the US should offer an even swap of Jersey with Canada for Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island.

MikeNC
09-16-2011, 05:54 AM
But I have plenty of "Why aren't you a Panthers fan?" crap down here, and that answer is fairly easy.

F the Panthers....You want to see some fair weather fans,:laughing: go to BOA stadium...They have no concept what it is like going to a good ol AFC tailgate party and football game...I been to that stadium only 2 times, and that was to see the Bills play...Born if BUF, raised in BUF, only in Charlotte for the work...

LtFinFan66
09-16-2011, 08:10 AM
I've never cared.

Why not this year? Why not us?Pirate fans like myself understand

stuckincincy
09-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Pirate fans like myself understand

No doubt. I lived in the PGH area for 11 years - loved the Bucs. Used to park up in the Mexican War district, or occasionally rode the ferry from Station Square.

When they were bad, tix were dirt cheap and thay had all sorts of promotions.

Then they got the late Syd Thrift, and Leyland to manage. Unfortunately, the team was subsequently wrecked - I think they are going on 20 years without a winning season.

When they dismantled the early '90's clubs, I stopped watching MLB.

I loved Three Rivers - its' "in the round" design was superb for baseball. I liked to sit in the bleachers with the folks that kept scorecards.

Memorable rally cap moment: Doug Drabek carrying a no-hitter into the ninth, against SD (IIRC). Bucs sent several to the plate in the bottom of the 8th - they had a good lead and should of laid down three chintzy bunts to get three quick outs and Drabek back in.

A Padre hit an infield dead duck, and John Cangelosi was in at short and tried mightily, but couldn't snag it in time.

Do folks still employ the rally cap position?

From the back-in-da-day files: The Bflo public schools would give you the day off if you showed your teacher tickets for the Bison daytime home opener at Offerman.