PDA

View Full Version : Chandler's journey worth the wait

justasportsfan
09-15-2011, 10:29 AM
“With 30 seconds left in the last preseason game of my second year I got hurt,” he said. “I may have had a role that year. That was a difficult year.”

It was only made more difficult when a day after the 2009 NFL draft, the Chargers released him.

“It’s not the most opportune time to get cut,” said Chandler. “You have to sit around a bit because all the rosters are full.”

A month later however, he was signed by Dallas, his hometown team, despite the fact that they had just drafted John Phillips to be the team’s third tight end behind All-Pro Jason Witten and Martellus Bennett. The Cowboys liked Chandler’s game, but there was no role for him on the active roster. Dallas signed him to their practice squad.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Chandlers-journey-worth-the-wait/2b27d221-fb39-4a00-b038-678b0827811a

Night Train
09-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Overdorf wants to trade him for a 4th round pick. :irule:

Like his game a ton and very glad we have him. Fitz obviously likes him.

justasportsfan
09-15-2011, 10:52 AM
weird thing is that Gailey didn't really change anything from last year according to Fitz when it comes to using TE's.

I hope the OL holds up so we won't have to use the TE's to be blockers.

NorthCarBills
09-15-2011, 11:19 AM
weird thing is that Gailey didn't really change anything from last year according to Fitz when it comes to using TE's.

I hope the OL holds up so we won't have to use the TE's to be blockers.

Very much agree. The limited depth on our o-line is what scares me. If we tap into it at all, he'll be back to blocking primarily.

tatersalad
09-15-2011, 11:34 AM
think this week he will be blocking the raiders front four looked very aggresive

trapezeus
09-15-2011, 11:48 AM
i don't know if he'll keep up this production. fitz's post game made it seem that they just loved that match up. Who knows how many times he'll just own a matchup like that. but if he halve's last week's number for the rest of the season, he'll be a weapon that teams have to account for.

better days
09-15-2011, 12:20 PM
i don't know if he'll keep up this production. fitz's post game made it seem that they just loved that match up. Who knows how many times he'll just own a matchup like that. but if he halve's last week's number for the rest of the season, he'll be a weapon that teams have to account for.

Well he is a tall guy with GOOD hands. He will be a weapon in the red zone no matter what.

trapezeus
09-15-2011, 12:34 PM
clearly our short history with fitz has shown us that when he develops a rapport with a player, it usually sticks. so that's a good sign that he's gotten confidence with him and nelson last week. Perhaps stevie and roscoe get going this week.

i also would love to see the spiller screens start taking hold. i

Goobylal
09-15-2011, 12:58 PM
clearly our short history with fitz has shown us that when he develops a rapport with a player, it usually sticks. so that's a good sign that he's gotten confidence with him and nelson last week. Perhaps stevie and roscoe get going this week.

i also would love to see the spiller screens start taking hold. i
Fitz already had a rapport with Stevie. He needs to develop one with Donald and Roscoe, as well as Brad.

justasportsfan
09-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Fitz doesn't need rapor with anyone. He'll throw it to anyone.

Goobylal
09-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Fitz doesn't need rapor with anyone. He'll throw it to anyone.
Not true. I think that if he had had more rapport with Evans, he might still be on the roster.

justasportsfan
09-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Not true. I think that if he had had more rapport with Evans, he might still be on the roster.
rapport was not the problem there. The problem was Fitz doesn't have the arm do go deep all the time. If you look at Lee's 3 TD's vs. the ravens last year they were at Fitz's range.

Earlier this year Fitz even said he could throw to Lee with his eyes closed.