PDA

View Full Version : bills taugh the broncos cash to cap, now our fans teach their fans about billboards

trapezeus
09-15-2011, 12:32 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Angry-Broncos-fans-planning-to-buy-space-for-pro?urn=nfl-wp7145

looks like the bronco fans are trying to get a billboard up to beg for lord tebow to start. John fox is already on the hot seat and he's only lost one game. what has happened to him?

Forward_Lateral
09-15-2011, 12:32 PM
I don't get the hate for Orton.

Oaf
09-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Don't those mile high fools understand if Orton goes down, it's Brady Quinn who will play?

jamze132
09-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Maybe we can make a play for Orton. Would be the best possible back-up IMO.

ServoBillieves
09-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Don't those mile high fools understand if Orton goes down, it's Brady Quinn who will play?

They're all still too pissed off that they bought Tebow jerseys in droves to realize that he's a mediocre QB buried on the depth chart.

I wonder if any of them bought the Madden 12 with Peyton Hillis on the cover and felt a little sad on the inside?

ServoBillieves
09-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Maybe we can make a play for Orton. Would be the best possible back-up IMO.

Though I respect your opinion, I'd rather not trade a player or pick for a backup when Garrard is still out there as backup material.

better days
09-15-2011, 12:50 PM

Orton is similar to Trent Edwards. He made the bad Bronco OL look even worse than it is.

He held on to the ball too long & was a sitting duck behind that line. When he wasn't getting sacked, the was throwing the ball away or getting intercepted.

That is the reason Orton is hated in Denver. Aside from that, his contract is up at the end of the year so he won't be on the team next year anyway.

I posted at the end of the Bronco/Raider game that Orton will play 5-6 more games at the most because he will either be injured or the fans will DEMAND Tebow plays.

trapezeus
09-15-2011, 12:55 PM
what is brady quinn's thoughts? he's next in line techinically and no one is chanting his name or putting up $10,000 billboards.

justasportsfan
09-15-2011, 12:58 PM
they should get Jockey to sponsor the billboard. After all Tebow shirts are cooler than yours.

better days
09-15-2011, 12:58 PM

If Orton were injured, Fox might prefer to play Quinn over Tebow. The fans however want Tebow at QB injury or no injury.

I think Fox & the Bronco front office will have little choice but to play Tebow if the Fans not only keep booing & calling for Tebow but erect billboards as well.

They know if the fan base gets too fed up with the team, they will stop going to games & stop watching.

better days
09-15-2011, 01:00 PM
what is brady quinn's thoughts? he's next in line techinically and no one is chanting his name or putting up $10,000 billboards.

I doubt any Denver fan cares about Quinn's thoughts.

trapezeus
09-15-2011, 01:29 PM
i just think it's odd that fans just skip over the number 2 who in the eyes of the coaching staff has played better. I get being frustrated with the team's decisions, but rooting for the third stringer simply because he has intangibles is a lesson we all learned during the JP years.

Can you imagine if when JP struggled fans were calling for our third stringer (i already forgot his name) instead of trent?

better days
09-15-2011, 01:59 PM
i just think it's odd that fans just skip over the number 2 who in the eyes of the coaching staff has played better. I get being frustrated with the team's decisions, but rooting for the third stringer simply because he has intangibles is a lesson we all learned during the JP years.

Can you imagine if when JP struggled fans were calling for our third stringer (i already forgot his name) instead of trent?

Well what you don't get is Tebow PROVED to the Denver fans he can play in the NFL his rookie year. Quinn is now in his 5th year & still has not proved he can play in the NFL.

trapezeus
09-15-2011, 02:43 PM
tebow didn't really prove that throwing though. he ran quite a bit and a lot of analysts said he still didn't show the throwing motion or reading of coverages to suggest he doesn't have a whole lot more learning in him.

i'm all for tebow starting, especially for the 12/24 game against the bills. I think he's too one dimensional and he'll never get it.

Buffalogic
09-15-2011, 02:45 PM
From Miami fans chanting Orton's name in the preseason, to his own bronco fans chanting Tebow's name and trying to oust him...Lot happens in the matter of a couple weeks.

Mr. Pink
09-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Don't get the hate for Orton some people around here have. He's a better QB than Fitzpatrick.

justasportsfan
09-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Don't get the hate for Orton some people around here have. He's a better QB than Fitzpatrick.

He was better than Fitz but maybe Fitz may have caught up with him....MAYBE. Too early to tell.

With that being said, Orton is a good qb. He's always been an above ave. qb IMO. When you have a DL dominating the OL even Brady vs. the GIants in the sb played like crap.

bills4ver
09-15-2011, 02:54 PM

lol Orton better than Fitz? Put down the pipe and back away

Tebow better than Orton or Quinn is also a joke, Tebow is the 3rd string for a reason because he needs a spread offense and denver does not run that.

Tebow would suck in that offense.

better days
09-15-2011, 06:08 PM
He was better than Fitz but maybe Fitz may have caught up with him....MAYBE. Too early to tell.

With that being said, Orton is a good qb. He's always been an above ave. qb IMO. When you have a DL dominating the OL even Brady vs. the GIants in the sb played like crap.

Well after watching them both play last Sunday, I would say Fitz is the better QB myself. Orton was terrible.

If he had played as well against the Raiders as Fitz did against the Chiefs, there would not have been all the boos & chants for Tebow.

I posted in another thread that I just listened to a Raiders podcast. The guys on that podcast thought Fitz was better than Orton.

elltrain22
09-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Maybe I just like the guy, but no one could convince me the Bronco's wouldn't win more games if he was their QB.

Jeff1220
09-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Orton seems like the kind of QB that occasionally puts up some nice fantasy numbers, but rarely translates that into team wins.

Ingtar33
09-16-2011, 01:36 AM

he's not a first round pick. some people never get over that.

ddaryl
09-16-2011, 07:33 AM
Well I have some increased respect for Tebow

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/09/15/broncos.tim.tebow.ap/index.html?xid=si_nfl

He pretty much came out and appreciated the fans but said e trusts his coaches and will earn his time.

He diffused a situation quickly before it became a problem for Denver.... He pretty much said the perfect things

better days
09-16-2011, 08:14 AM
he's not a first round pick. some people never get over that.

Seriously? You think that is the reason Broncos fans hate him? If he were a great QB or even a very good QB, I doubt bronco fans would have cared if he was picked in the 6th like Brady.

He is hated because he is mediocre. He replaced a very good QB in Denver that is now in Chicago & led the Bears to the NFC North title. When Cutler was a Bronco, they were a good team, now they suck. Right or wrong the QB takes the blame when the team sucks.

I think Bronco fans feel the way I did last year. After watching the boring mannor the Bills lost the 1st 2 games with Edwards at QB, I was ready to give up on the team until he was cut. I just thank God Chan had the good sense to cut him after week 2. Even though the Bills finished 4-12, Fitz made watching them exciting & fun again.

Tebow when he took over last year, gave the Bronco fans the same sense of excitement that Fitz brought to the Bills. Now this year, they are stuck watching Orton again, just like we were stuck watching Trent the first 2 games last year.

That is the reason Orton is hated in Denver they have seen enough of him & don't like what they see.

trapezeus
09-16-2011, 08:53 AM
no doubt that if orton had played a little better, based on the special teams effort, they could have won that game in the late 3rd quarter, but he just left the ball on the rug as momentum was swinging their way. and he had some bad throws earlier.

However, i just don't believe in Tebow at all. and i am beginning to hate what he represents to his fanbase. its this mix of delusional collegeglory/his religious views. he simply hasn't done anything worth noticing.

better days
09-16-2011, 09:16 AM
no doubt that if orton had played a little better, based on the special teams effort, they could have won that game in the late 3rd quarter, but he just left the ball on the rug as momentum was swinging their way. and he had some bad throws earlier.

However, i just don't believe in Tebow at all. and i am beginning to hate what he represents to his fanbase. its this mix of delusional collegeglory/his religious views. he simply hasn't done anything worth noticing.

What does his religion or his great college career have to do with anything? Nothing in my view. If Tebow sucked when he played last year or this preseason, Denver fans would have gotten over him quickly.

They do not cheer for him & want to see him in the game because of what he did at Florida (this is Denver, not Jacksonville) or his religion. They want to see him play because every time he has had a chance to do so in Denver, he has brought excitement to his team & the fan base. Tebow is a gamer, not a practice player.

ddaryl
09-16-2011, 09:20 AM

that's not a Tebow issue.... just a delusional fan issue...

Tebow stepped up and made a public statement asking the fans to step back some... You have to give the guy some accolades for doing that... It shows he is a team player with some humbleness in him... I respect that

trapezeus
09-16-2011, 11:35 AM
but he didn't play that great in his appearance from what i remember. he ran well, but had a so so average. people want him to be a savior, and i don't think he has the skills that translates to the NFL.

There have been a lot of QB's that fit his bill and people have not clamored for the guy to go from #3 to #1. There are other factors here. I definitely think his fanbase is highly religous and want to see him succeed to vindicate their belief system. just like how buffalo people love watching buffalo athletes succeed.

better days
09-16-2011, 11:59 AM
but he didn't play that great in his appearance from what i remember. he ran well, but had a so so average. people want him to be a savior, and i don't think he has the skills that translates to the NFL.

There have been a lot of QB's that fit his bill and people have not clamored for the guy to go from #3 to #1. There are other factors here. I definitely think his fanbase is highly religous and want to see him succeed to vindicate their belief system. just like how buffalo people love watching buffalo athletes succeed.

I would bet that their are Bronco fans of all religions & no religion at all that are Tebow fans.

Tebow is a gamer, a leader, & a winner. Those are qualities that many people with the physical skill to play QB lack. Oh & by the way people Tebow has the physical skills as well.

People that watch football because of the fantasy leagues may never be fans of Tebow, he is more concerned with winning than stats. If people do not like him because they don't believe in religion, that is their choice but I would bet more than a few athiests that are Bronco fans are also Tebow fans.