PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Drew Bledsoe

IAG
09-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Drew Bledsoe will be going into the Patriots Hall of Fame this week.

Drew was a classy player for the Bills and gave a lot of hope and energy for the time he was with us.

The first half of the sked in 2002 was amazing how we could move the ball, but it was never the same after we hosted the Pats in Buffalo and got stomped.

Oh well, I respect the guy and think he is a good guy.

Buffalo Thriller
09-15-2011, 09:35 PM
I loved Bledsoe.

Goobylal
09-15-2011, 09:37 PM
Apparently you didn't hear his comments about playing for and in Buffalo. You'd do an about-face with your opinion of his statuesque class and play.

Buffalo Thriller
09-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Apparently you didn't hear his comments about playing for and in Buffalo. You'd do an about-face with your opinion of his statuesque class and play.

I LOVED Bledsoe

zone
09-15-2011, 09:40 PM
I LOVED Bledsoe
Me too!

Goobylal
09-15-2011, 09:41 PM
I loved him initially. Then I realized he was an over-the-hill, over-hyped choke artist.

Luisito23
09-15-2011, 09:51 PM
I don't know about loving him, but congrats nevertheless.

DraftBoy
09-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Good for Drew!

kingJofNYC
09-15-2011, 10:11 PM
He was ****ting on his time in Buffalo during the Red Sox game, just an FYI.

Oaf
09-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Do tell.

I remember when he ran one into the EZ (crazy, right?) and told a Seattle fan off during that awesome '04 run.

Crisis
09-15-2011, 10:23 PM
What'd he say about Buffalo?

kingJofNYC
09-15-2011, 10:28 PM
What'd he say about Buffalo?
He was exiled to Buffalo, complained about the weather (rain wind), loved to play in the snow though. It was terrible playing in Buffalo, the weather made him play worse. I thought it was the OL and his lead feet that were the bigger culprits.

ServoBillieves
09-15-2011, 10:31 PM
He was great at throwing to 3rd string linemen if I remember correctly.

Philagape
09-15-2011, 10:49 PM
FYI the Pats parlayed the pick they got from the Bills into Ty Warren. You're welcome!

justasportsfan
09-15-2011, 11:00 PM
most overrated qb of all time and one of the biggest choke artist.

He does deserve going to the Pats HOF though. He put them on the map.

Thurmal
09-15-2011, 11:49 PM
I have never seen a bigger name QB (not even Favre) that had the ability to make the worst possible play at the worst possible time than Bledsoe.

If he was leading the Bills on a potentially game-winning drive, me and everyone else I watched games with would not debate whether he would score, but whether he would fumble or throw a pick to end the game. I'm serious; you could set your watch to it.

Beebe's Kid
09-16-2011, 12:02 AM
His comments during the Red Sox game make his extremely unproductive time in Buffalo completely forgettable.

For some reason I usually forget Drew anyway. I think it was the fact that he broke damn near every record for passing, long career records not withstanding, but couldn't manage to make us a good team.

Drew never had "it."

I was on Flutie withdrawal when we got him, and while I was excited initially, it just never panned out.

I can understand how some really liked the guy, but I was just never that into him. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't very far into the JP era that I began to miss him, but it was for all of the wrong reasons.

Anyway, his comments about the Bills were unnecessary and extremely demeaning to a city that welcomed him, and continues to talk nice about him to this day. I had always felt Drew was a class act, but his comments tonight prove otherwise. Even if he didn't like it here, the fans were good to him, and he should have been respectful enough to hold his tongue.

imbondz
09-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Always liked Bledsoe, wish he was more successful in Buffalo.

DrGraves
09-16-2011, 12:51 AM
he's a douchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhe!

Mike
09-16-2011, 03:15 AM
The first half of the sked in 2002 was amazing how we could move the ball, but it was never the same after we hosted the Pats in Buffalo and got stomped.

I always felt like the Peerless Price trade effected his play. The following year, the Bills Offense was no where near as good. Getting a First Rounder for Peerless was sheer genius.

Meathead
09-16-2011, 03:29 AM
of course hes bitter. he ultimately failed here and was jettisoned. and this after he was given a heros welcome. it must hurt real bad to be treated initially as so beloved and then tossed aside because of his own inability

theres no amount of rationalization that can excuse losing to what were indeed second and third string players playing a game that had no meaning for them and meant the playoffs for the bills. i was a drew supporter, obviously too much so, until that game. once i watched that with my own eyes it was throw his ass the hell out. theres just no way a hof qb loses that game. hell, there should have been no way a crappy starting nfl qb loses that game. he failed as spectacularly as an alleged franchise qb could fail in that situation

still surprised he would be so openly hostile to bflo. by now you would think he would have grown up over it all. sad

zone
09-16-2011, 06:10 AM
The only reason Bledsoe was tossed aside was to play that no talent ass clown we drafted in the first round.

That panned out well.

DraftBoy
09-16-2011, 06:33 AM
Oh for christ sakes, who cares what he thought of his time here. He came here he did a good job and he was and still is our best QB since Kelly.

He could of hated the town, its people, the franchice, and its fans. It doesn't change the fact that when he was at work he did his job to the best of his ability.

IAG
09-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Doug was a pretty good QB since Jimbo too.

The King
09-16-2011, 08:22 AM
The only reason Bledsoe was tossed aside was to play that no talent ass clown we drafted in the first round.

That panned out well.

Exactly... and that might be why he's a bit biter.

Zero
09-16-2011, 08:26 AM
He was exiled to Buffalo, complained about the weather (rain wind), loved to play in the snow though. It was terrible playing in Buffalo, the weather made him play worse. I thought it was the OL and his lead feet that were the bigger culprits.

That's ALL he said?? I thought it was a given that the weather in Buffalo is generally dreadful during football season, no? It's not like he said anything disparaging about the fans or the the organization. That is unless he has said more...

Pinkerton Security
09-16-2011, 08:42 AM

didnt realize that the trip from sunny, warm Boston was such a big difference in climate...douche.

Philagape
09-16-2011, 09:31 AM
The best thing Bledsoe ever did for the Pats was get injured. He should be in their HOF for that reason alone.

TheBrownBear
09-16-2011, 11:12 AM
I always felt like the Peerless Price trade effected his play. The following year, the Bills Offense was no where near as good. Getting a First Rounder for Peerless was sheer genius.

He started to suck during the second half of '02 (check the splits) - so the loss of Peerless had nothing to do with his suckness. And Peerless proved to be a one year wonder anyway.