X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Bills getting respect

I previously posted if the Bills Beat the raiders they would start getting some respect. Well, it is happening already. They have moved up to #21 & 125 to 1 odds to win the Super Bowl.

Raiders are at #20 also 125 to 1 to win the Super Bowl. If the Bills beat the Raiders Sunday, they will no doubt get more respect & move up while the Raiders go down.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Bills getting respect

Winning and showing commitment long term garners respect.

The Bills have been doing it wrong for 11 years + and may be finally turning it around, even if the beancounters still obsess with the bottom line from time to time. Yet they got hammered recently by several in the press and may be changing their ways. Extending some key players in the near future may prove that out but we'll see.

Still, we here all watch this team closely and shouldn't be concerned what someone in the national press ( who barely watch the team ) has to say. We do know this team far better.

Take it a week at a time and watch the ride. It may finally start getting good.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Zero
      Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
      • Oct 2004

I wouldnt place to much importance on how much the nation 'respects' the Bills. You'll have to be patient with the 'experts' if they dont rush to annoint the Bills playoff contenders after winning just one game. Having missed the playoffs for over a decade tends to have that effect.
      Last edited by Zero; 09-17-2011, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Mad Max
        Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by jmtejada
        I wouldnt place to much importance on how much the nation 'respects' the Bills. You'll have to be patient with the 'experts' if they dont rush to annoint the Bills playoff contenders after winning just one game. Having missed the playoffs for over a decade tends to have that effect.
        Exactly. We're in search of lasting perennial respect. The kind that is earned afters years of dominance and at least one Super Bowl VICTORY (not f@"$ing appearance)

That's true respect. That kind of respect is deserved, genuine, and will last long past one or two losses.

The "respect" that the Bills have after the KC thrashing will fully evaporate immediately if we lose on Sunday.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mad Max
          Exactly. We're in search of lasting perennial respect. The kind that is earned afters years of dominance and at least one Super Bowl VICTORY (not f@"$ing appearance)

That's true respect. That kind of respect is deserved, genuine, and will last long past one or two losses.

The "respect" that the Bills have after the KC thrashing will fully evaporate immediately if we lose on Sunday.
          I totally agree, but you have to start somewhere. If the Bills win Sunday, I think they are off to a good start on the road back to being respectible.

Comment

• dog14787
            • Oct 2010

There is a lot to like about our current Buffalo Bills Football team. The relationship Gailey has developed with Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is turning into a win, win situation. For Gailey to keep his/our QB right where he wants him the Buffalo Bills must win football games.

Respect does have to be earned and I think the Bills started earning some of that respect last season. I also believe Buffalo's beefed up Defense will be gaining respect in leaps and bounds this season. My confidence in a 10-6 record/prediction is building,

I Billieve...
            Last edited by Figster; 09-17-2011, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

Another sign of respect: Recent mock drafts all have Buffalo picking somewhere in the middle of the first round, as late as #17 or #18. That's a little different from a month ago when many mockers had Buffalo winning the Andrew Luck race.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TigerJ
                Another sign of respect: Recent mock drafts all have Buffalo picking somewhere in the middle of the first round, as late as #17 or #18. That's a little different from a month ago when many mockers had Buffalo winning the Andrew Luck race.
                Another sign of respect: I just watched Inside the NFL on showtime. Sapp, Collingsworth & Simms ALL picked the Bills to beat the Raiders, with Simms saying........ "Buffalo, now that's a DIFFERENT place to play".
                Last edited by better days; 09-17-2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

We don't need no stinkin respect.
                  Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 09-17-2011, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Electrici
                    • May 2003

Where'd you get those odds from? My vegas ticket has the Bills at 100:1 odds to win the superbowl. Had to put 10 bucks on that sweet action. This was a couple months ago though. :)

Comment

• Jeff1220
                      H to the 12:20
                      • Jul 2002

In 2001, the Carolina Panthers beat the Minnesota Vikings decisively in week 1, and lost out the rest of the season to go 1-15. I don't necessarily think that will happen w/this Bills team, and I am very encouraged by last week, but I think everyone is starting to put a bit too much stock into a week 1 win.
                      Let's keep it going!

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Electrici
                        Where'd you get those odds from? My vegas ticket has the Bills at 100:1 odds to win the superbowl. Had to put 10 bucks on that sweet action. This was a couple months ago though. :)
                        Bleacher report. Said they were the vegas odds.

Comment

• dog14787
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                          In 2001, the Carolina Panthers beat the Minnesota Vikings decisively in week 1, and lost out the rest of the season to go 1-15. I don't necessarily think that will happen w/this Bills team, and I am very encouraged by last week, but I think everyone is starting to put a bit too much stock into a week 1 win.
                          Let's keep it going!
                          I realize its only one win , but it took us half of a season to get one win last year. Chiefs were a playoff team from a season ago, we were on the road and the Bills didn't just win the game, they dominated in all 3 phases of the game. ( The Bills weren't even firing on all cylinders in my opinion)

Great start
                          Last edited by Figster; 09-18-2011, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

how about they beat someone from a conference that's not the 2nd worse in football before we start to cry for respect. I loved the game against the chief, and hope the bills can beat the raiders. But i'm not going to start to think this means much of anything considering how the AFCW has been the rest of the conference's whipping boy for the last decade.
                            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• dog14787
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                              how about they beat someone from a conference that's not the 2nd worse in football before we start to cry for respect. I loved the game against the chief, and hope the bills can beat the raiders. But i'm not going to start to think this means much of anything considering how the AFCW has been the rest of the conference's whipping boy for the last decade.
                              AFCW had one team with a losing record last season, Diego missed the playoffs with a 9-7 record and the Raiders fielded one of the nastiest defenses in the NFL (8-8)
                              Last edited by Figster; 09-18-2011, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X