PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Smiths and Walt Patulskis

YardRat
09-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Smith's-

Bell and Levitre
Nelson
Fitz
Freddie J-Might as well just pencil him in for these for every game.

Patulski's-

McKelvin just freakin' blows...badly.

Forward_Lateral
09-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Stevie gets a Smith for playing through a groin injury and coming up with huge first down catch after huge first down catch.

Chandler is slowing becoming a favourite too.

The entire secondary sucked, and deserves to be flogged. Aaron Williams looked terrible, and McKelvin is awful.

psubills62
Fred Jackson is just pure awesomeness. Spiller did a good job, too.

I'd like to add Chan Gailey and co. to the Smith's list. I don't know what those coaches did at halftime, but to turn this offense from 3 points to scoring on every second half possession...well, they did something right.

Bangarang
Bell played a really good game I think. As well as the rest of the line.

Slim
Spiller's best game as a pro too.

Crisis
mckelvin's ****tyness was offset by chris johnson this week luckily

YardRat
09-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Spiller impressed me today...loved the way he ran...I think Freddie might be rubbing off on him.

Slim
09-18-2011, 03:45 PM
I hope McGee is back next week. We will need him.

sqad5
09-18-2011, 03:46 PM
spiller should of got a few more carries i thought he was gonna break long run on that one carry

Night Train
09-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Good - Fitz,Fred,Spiller,OL,Nelson,S.Johnson

Bad- McKelvin, George Wilson, 3rd down D,

Crisis
09-18-2011, 03:48 PM
spiller should of got a few more carries i thought he was gonna break long run on that one carry

i'd agree if it wasn't at the expense of giving jackson less... with the way freddie is running, spiller complimented perfectly today

Slim
09-18-2011, 03:49 PM
How about Donald Jones, two of the biggest plays of the game. The fourth down catch and batting the interception away on the last drive.

Crisis
09-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Donald Jones had more pass breakups than leodis

Mad Max
09-18-2011, 03:50 PM
I hope McGee is back next week. We will need him.
Smith=entire f'king Offense...even whipping boy Spiller came to ball.

Patulski's=The entire f'king Defense. I called this secondary as being a trainwreck early on, but I didn't know our DL and LB's were going to be works in progress. I stupidly expected both units to perform MUCH better. Oh and Lights out...please show the f up...we still have ZERO pass rush!

Dujek
09-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Smith's: the offense and Dareus

Patulski's: the rest of the defense.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Smiths:

Just about the entire offensive corps. Lighting it up for 35 points in the second half is no easy task, and just about everyone had a role. Jackson, Spiller, Fitz, Chandler, Jones and Nelson, as well as the O-line, which played very well. (For a change.)

Da'Norris Searcy for the game saving interception.

Dareus and Williams for stuffing the middle and pushing the Raiders to the outside.

Patulskis:

McKelvin, obviously.
George Edwards - defense as a whole did not do very well, even after they started the comeback. A few flashes, but all in all he didn't have much of an answer to the Raiders playing the outside as well as they did. Fact is, this game was one lucky fumble from getting totally out of hand. Cornerbacks were beaten like a rented mule.

Crisis
09-18-2011, 03:56 PM
patulskis-

cbs is carrying the mia/hou game instead of ne/sd here.

RoscoeMagic
09-18-2011, 03:57 PM
David ****ing Nelson! The man's hands are made of glue...and he's always open!

methos4ever
09-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Smith=entire f'king Offense...even whipping boy Spiller came to ball.

Patulski's=The entire f'king Defense. I called this secondary as being a trainwreck early on, but I didn't know our DL and LB's were going to be works in progress. I stupidly expected both units to perform MUCH better. Oh and Lights out...please show the f up...we still have ZERO pass rush!

Not for nothing, but on the hail mary and the previous plays, Merriman was held by both the LT and Guard, in fact, the one guy tackles him prior to Campbell's throw...

ServoBillieves
09-18-2011, 03:59 PM
McKelvin is soooo unaware out there...

methos4ever
09-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Big props to Wood on that touchdown. Look at the replay and watch him transition from just pass blocking to pancaking his lineman out of the way of the pass, preventing a bat down on that fourth down pass.

Slim
09-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Can Williams be that much worse than McKelvin? Leo was so bad.

YardRat
09-18-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm adding Brad Smith...dude is money from the wildcat, getting first downs, and that has been SOOOOO huge the first couple of weeks.

Slim
09-18-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm adding Brad Smith...dude is money from the wildcat, getting first downs, and that has been SOOOOO huge the first couple of weeks.

I like his patience when he's out of the wildcat. He really lets the play develop before picking where he is going to run the ball.

Buddo
09-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Jones definitely deserves a big chunk of credit. He made a couple of very important catches, and stopped a crucial interception.
With the exception of Martin, the rest of the Offense. O-Line did a darn good job overall.
Special mention for Freddie Jackson. What a star. I love watching this guy run. With a little bit of space, he glides through. When there isn't any, he just ploughs along with guys all over his back. If he was just a touch quicker, he'd be a phenomenon, as he does everything else so well. Great to see him actually break a long TD, also.
Dareus is going to be a beast.
While he did whiff once, I also thought that Barnett did a very good job overall. He always seemed to be around the football whenever we were making stops for little gain.

Our secondary gets the biggest black marks, especially McKelvin. Wilson wasn't great either, but in defense of both of them, I thought that was a tremendous throw by Campbell to Moore, who also made a great catch. While it was a play that probably shouldn't have been made, it was as much about the hook up between Campbell and Moore, as it was McKelvin and Wilson getting burnt.

psubills62
09-18-2011, 05:04 PM
I almost wonder if we're saving the real twists with that wildcat for next week. We've seen Smith pass out of it once, and that was late against KC to make Oakland study it. Wouldn't be surprised to see us use it against NE legitimately.

Captain gameboy
09-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Need to mention clock management.

When was the last time we went into a final gasp drive with three timeouts?

We needed them all.

Joe Fo Sho
09-18-2011, 05:27 PM
I think we need to give some credit to Lindell. If he didn't miss that FG, we would have tried a FG at the end of the game to tie. That would have made it at best, a 50/50 shot at winning. Whoever won the coin toss would've won the game, and lindell may have missed the FG to put it into OT.

sdbillsfan2
09-18-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm amazed that this oline is getting the job done so far ..no sacks today, opening holes.

pt#2. once again the coaching staff is making the right moves and got this team on track in the second half. Liked the play calling. Seems like everyone is getting involved.
I see a winning attitude developing.

tomz
09-18-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm amazed that this oline is getting the job done so far ..no sacks today, opening holes.

pt#2. once again the coaching staff is making the right moves and got this team on track in the second half. Liked the play calling. Seems like everyone is getting involved.
I see a winning attitude developing.
How about Rinehart? Off the bench to replace Urbik, running game picked up and did not allow anything up the gut. If anything, he looked better than Urbik.