PDA

View Full Version : Last play under review!

Novacane
09-18-2011, 03:54 PM
For those that were not listening to the postgame show the refs just came back out a couple min ago to review the INT for dual pos. The teams were gone and the stadium almost MT and the wgr guy calls into the show and says the play is under review. I about died. The play stands but the GR guys are saying it could have gone either way. That would have been the biggest heartbreak of all time

Crisis
09-18-2011, 03:55 PM
if they would've overturned that buffalo would've been burned to the ground today

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Why would they review the play 20 minutes after the game ended? Stupid.

Novacane
No kidding. That ref would have never made it off the field. They are saying it was close enough that ESPN and NFL network will probably make a controversy over it this week

Johnny Bugmenot
Searcy had the ball, it was pretty clear by the replays. Remember, they review all scoring plays and this was within two minutes. I wasn't too concerned, but if they had overturned that after the game had ended, you'd have a lot of angry Bills fans and I don't think the NFL was willing to risk changing the outcome of a game after it had ended. That just looks shady. Besides, I think the refs were more or less on our side today anyway.

Novacane
09-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Searcy had the ball, it was pretty clear by the replays. Remember, they review all scoring plays and this was within two minutes. I wasn't too concerned, but if they had overturned that after the game had ended, you'd have a lot of angry Bills fans and I don't think the NFL was willing to risk changing the outcome of a game after it had ended. That just looks shady. Besides, I think the refs were more or less on our side today anyway.

I have not seen a replay. It looked like coming down the WR were trying to put thier hands on the ball but Searcy pulled it away

YardRat
09-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Searcy's on right now...says he had it from the start, and tucked it. They tried to grab it away.

YardRat
09-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Regardless, it was too ****ing close for me...

BillsFever21
09-19-2011, 08:44 PM
He needs to bat the ball down next time. That would've been horrible if they would've called a duel possession and it was called a TD.

Kelly The Dog
09-19-2011, 08:52 PM
There was no review ten minutes after the game. The Replay officials immediately reviewed it and determined it was an INT. Then they started packing up to leave. Someone then mistakenly buzzed the lead official Mike Carey.

Carey thought, although it wasn't true, that he needed to return to the field for the review and he informed both teams. The Bills thought it was under review and the Raiders coaches came out to the field.

Carey even went to look under the umbrella but it was already turned off because the game was over. He then learned he was buzzed by mistake. There wasn't any chance of the call being overturned after the game.

Goobylal
09-19-2011, 09:27 PM
There was no review ten minutes after the game. The Replay officials immediately reviewed it and determined it was an INT. Then they started packing up to leave. Someone then mistakenly buzzed the lead official Mike Carey.

Carey thought, although it wasn't true, that he needed to return to the field for the review and he informed both teams. The Bills thought it was under review and the Raiders coaches came out to the field.

Carey even went to look under the umbrella but it was already turned off because the game was over. He then learned he was buzzed by mistake. There wasn't any chance of the call being overturned after the game.
There was no question Searcy had it. He had sole possession of it. An offensive player just getting his hand on it doesn't constitute possession.

better days
09-20-2011, 08:24 AM
Searcy's on right now...says he had it from the start, and tucked it. They tried to grab it away.

Yeah, you could see on TV that is exactly what happened.