PDA

View Full Version : Parrish and Urbik

YardRat
09-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Urbik = "a few weeks"
Parrish = "awhile"

per Chan's post game presser, sounds like neither one is going to be ready for a little bit.

Forward_Lateral
09-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Didn't miss either, to be honest.

Bangarang
09-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Rhinehart will fill in nicely at RG. Our depth takes a hit, though. Parrish being injured is par for the course.

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2011, 04:00 PM
I hope Stevie is alright.

Slim
09-18-2011, 04:00 PM
I hope Stevie is alright.

They are saying it was cramps.

Night Train
09-18-2011, 04:01 PM
That's why the extending Parrish report from a couple weeks back was baffling . He can't stay healthy. Forget him.

Meanwhile, Fred J. needs a new contract...NOW !

YardRat
09-18-2011, 04:04 PM
That's why the extending Parrish report from a couple weeks back was baffling . He can't stay healthy. Forget him.

Meanwhile, Fred J. needs a new contract...NOW !

Fred, Fitz and Stevie. Parrish can go the way of Evans, and be replaced with Roosevelt or Aiken.

I'm OK with Johson, Jones, Nelson, Roosevelt & Aiken...Martin can go too.

ServoBillieves
09-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Rinehart did very well, but lord Ruvell Martin SUCKS.... Roscoe needs to fill that cog

jimbohastle51
09-18-2011, 04:09 PM
call roosevelt up and let reinhart get his chance. between roosevelt and jones, roscoe won't be missed much and roosevelt can return kicks and punts if needed as well.

Night Train
09-18-2011, 04:54 PM
No disrespect to Roosevelt but Aiken should get the promotion.

He caught everything at camp & in the pre-season.

RoscoeMagic
09-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Didn't miss either, to be honest.

Seriously? I won't argue that Rinehart is much (if any) of a drop off from Urbik, but Parrish or Ruvell Martin? Seriously? Not only out wide, but on PRs too he's so much more refined than Spiller back there.

wmoz11
09-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Extensions needed for: FJax, Fitzmagic, Stevie. All three have played through pain, played well, and played well LATE in games. Remember the Losman, Lynch, Evans triplets? Well, these guys have actually accomplished something before earning that moniker.

Beebe's Kid
09-18-2011, 07:04 PM
I guess with the usual suspects of the last couple years gone, Parrish is going to be the new whipping boy. They guy has a strained hamstring, which he missed the preseason with, form what I understand.

He broke a wrist on a freak catch last year...those are not related, and could easily be chalked up to bad luck.

I personally like seeing him at the slot, and I would bet that is right where he'll be when he can go again.

To not miss Urbik is...well acting like a serious injury to a player is no big deal because you don't miss them is just kind of sad, but even if CR filled in and held his own, we are now one bad play from having Colin Brown and nobody behind that. If the fact that the dude was injured isn't enough, maybe you can consider what it does to the depth of the offensive line. So when being flip about an injury, just always put it in context of how it effects you...

Ruvell Martin is bad.

TigerJ
09-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Rhinehart will fill in nicely at RG. Our depth takes a hit, though. That's for sure. The only other backup guard is Colin Brown, who had been playing some tackle in preseason, I think. He's a big dude, and if he's moving inside he won't have to worry so much about playing in space. If Rinehart goes down, Buddy will be calling Cordaro Howard or Mansfield Wrotto.

YardRat
09-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Parrish is just too fragile...I'll sacrifice what he brings to punt returns for another WR that isn't getting broken every season.

psubills62
09-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Honestly, disappointing to hear about both. Urbik wasn't great, and Rinehart is actually OK depth, but I'd rather have our depth as...depth than in the starting lineup. I also had the feeling that Parrish was one of the guys we were going to include strongly in some of our offensive gameplans, including possibly today. He really does need to get healthy.

Goobylal
09-18-2011, 08:02 PM
No disrespect to Roosevelt but Aiken should get the promotion.

He caught everything at camp & in the pre-season.
Aiken is too green. Roosevelt at least was with the team last year and saw some real game action.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-18-2011, 08:22 PM
will they put parrish on ir and activate roosevelt?

jimbohastle51
09-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Extensions needed for: FJax, Fitzmagic, Stevie. All three have played through pain, played well, and played well LATE in games. Remember the Losman, Lynch, Evans triplets? Well, these guys have actually accomplished something before earning that moniker.

fred jackson is signed through this season and next already... i am afraid that he is the last one in line. johnson will be extending during the season i am sure, fitz will be more tricky!