PDA

View Full Version : CJ Spiller....

baalworship
09-18-2011, 05:43 PM
He is starting to look like a 1st round pick. He isn't dancing as much. His major weakness compared to Fred is he doesn't run smartly on short yardage. He needs to just plow ahead more on those plays. Other than that I his play was for me very encouraging.

ddaryl
09-18-2011, 05:44 PM
yeah CJ is making something of his touches... hopefully he's earning more and more...

however Jackson is without a doubt the man....

Night Train
09-18-2011, 05:48 PM
I'd like to see him get more swing passes, like the Raiders did with McFadden.

He's obviously a big play waiting to happen on every touch.

Gailey was always looking for ways to get brittle Roscoe the ball. Let him have some of Roscoes plays, since he's far more explosive.

Mr. Miyagi
09-18-2011, 05:54 PM
McFadden took 3 years to look good like he did today.

CJ is the future.

mrbojanglezs
09-18-2011, 06:11 PM
looked good he saw the hole and he hit it hard, he didn't dance like he usually does

RoscoeMagic
09-18-2011, 06:23 PM

Gailey was always looking for ways to get brittle Roscoe the ball. Let him have some of Roscoes plays, since he's far more explosive.

Agree completely. Spiller should be a bigger part of the gameplan with Parrish out. Split him out wide, put him in the backfield with Freddy. Defenses have to account for him even if he doesn't touch the ball.

I think Chan's using him fine. If anyone isn't getting enough touches it's Jackson. 117 yards on 15 carries...there's the man that's being underused as he's been for the past three seasons.

kingJofNYC
09-18-2011, 06:49 PM
That formation Chan was using in the 2nd half was ace. He had both Fred and CJ in, but Fred was motioned right next to the tackle, like a TE.

Fitz bootlegged off a run, gained about 10+ yards. Then CJ had two nice runs with Fred blocking as a TE. Great stuff.

Really messed with the Raiders having to account for both players.

Beebe's Kid
09-18-2011, 06:56 PM
That formation Chan was using in the 2nd half was ace. He had both Fred and CJ in, but Fred was motioned right next to the tackle, like a TE.

Fitz bootlegged off a run, gained about 10+ yards. Then CJ had two nice runs with Fred blocking as a TE. Great stuff.

Really messed with the Raiders having to account for both players.
I know there are a lot of us that have mentioned having the two of them on the field at the same time, and the match-up problem that creates. Good to see in produce today.

Mad Bomber
09-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Agree completely. Spiller should be a bigger part of the gameplan with Parrish out. Split him out wide, put him in the backfield with Freddy. Defenses have to account for him even if he doesn't touch the ball.

I think Chan's using him fine. If anyone isn't getting enough touches it's Jackson. 117 yards on 15 carries...there's the man that's being underused as he's been for the past three seasons.
Only 15 touches...keeps him fresh for later in the season.

psubills62
09-18-2011, 07:17 PM
It's obvious what a difference Spiller is making. Obviously we want to use him as more than a decoy...but the way he drew the coverage away from Nelson on that late TD was fantastic.

Mad Bomber
09-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Looks like he's starting to get it. When running the ball, he needs to be a little more patient and let his blocks develop, and THEN explode. This is the NFL, not the ACC...

JD
09-18-2011, 07:41 PM
16.5 yards per carry.

YardRat
09-18-2011, 07:46 PM

Without him running the swing pattern and drawing double coverage, Nelson isn't wide open and all alone in the end zone.

BTW...Am I the only one that thought for a second that Nelson let go of that ball a little early and should've hung onto it for a couple of more steps?

John Doe
09-18-2011, 08:13 PM
BTW...Am I the only one that thought for a second that Nelson let go of that ball a little early and should've hung onto it for a couple of more steps?

That had me worried - big time. I was relieved when the refs did not overturn it.

He took 2 steps and then was obsessed with getted pat downs by the end-zone crowd.

Borosai
09-18-2011, 09:25 PM
I would like to see Spiller as the 4th receiver behind Johnson, Jones and Nelson. That would give him more touches in space and more time on the field next to Fred.

I think.

kishoph
09-19-2011, 05:43 AM
16.5 yards per carry.

On his 9 carries (way too few) this season his avg. is 8.8 yds. there's nobody close to that with 9 carries or more, also his longest run is 26 yds. so it's not like it's been inflated by a 60 yd. run. I like the way CHAN used him yesterday, he didn't have many carries, but he was in for more plays. I think a big problem with CJ has been when he has been in the game, the Defenses were keying on a run by him, because usually when he was in, that's what the play was. Getting him in there for more plays will stop Defenses from keying run so often. FREDDIE is the man right now, but I have no problem with CJ getting more touches. This Offense is clicking like no other I have seen in years from the BILLS. Producing 5 TD's on 5 possessions in the second half yesterday was amazing and it came against a pretty good Defense.

Dujek
09-19-2011, 05:48 AM
Spiller is growing into his role, and looks like he could be a legitimate weapon further on down the line.

Still a work in progress at the minute, but the difference between this year and last year is phenomenal.

ChristopherWalken
09-19-2011, 06:16 AM
This was Spillers best game of his pro career thus far IMO. He actually looked like he could carry the load.

My concern is his ability to shed tackles. He can juke all day til the cows come home but he doesn't have the same ability Jackson has in lowering the head/shoulder and plowing a guy over. Spiller typically falls on first touch.

casdhf
09-19-2011, 06:21 AM
You hear about how fast CJ is, but I've never actually seen it in action. That 26 yard run was insane. It looked like everyone else was running in mud.