X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Mckelvin

Awesome win today, but good god do we have anyone better than Mckelvin? The dude is a liability
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Re: Mckelvin

He over estimated his speed today. Florance backed off over 10 yards routinely just before the snap as he respected Raiders' speed.

On the long TD, though, I think it's Wilson's fault. McKelvin had the under but the safety should have the over. It windup with McKelvin closest to trying to knock the ball out.

Overall, I think the Raiders showed their speed factor and our secondary seems to adjust to that poorly.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

George Wilson was at fault for the TD...the guy is a liability on the field and did no favors for McKelvin on that one.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
        George Wilson was at fault for the TD...the guy is a liability on the field and did no favors for McKelvin on that one.
        true, still trying to figure out how that happend

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
          Awesome win today, but good god do we have anyone better than Mckelvin? The dude is a liability
          We rarely agree, but I'm with you on this one. Despite the win, I'm convinces that McKelvin is a joke. I've tried to give him time and give him a chance, but he fails time and time again. I can't wait til we send him to the pine, or better yet, send him the way of Poz, Whitner, Maybin and McCargo.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

true, still trying to figure out how that happend
            Wilson is just plain terrible...shouldn't be playing, but we never addressed that position in FA, so we're stuck with him...unfortunately.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
              He over estimated his speed today. Florance backed off over 10 yards routinely just before the snap as he respected Raiders' speed.

On the long TD, though, I think it's Wilson's fault. McKelvin had the under but the safety should have the over. It windup with McKelvin closest to trying to knock the ball out.

Overall, I think the Raiders showed their speed factor and our secondary seems to adjust to that poorly.
              I mean ill give him credit that he was at least there to make the plays he needed to, but he just didnt make the play
              Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 09-18-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Wilson is still better than Whitner...Donte would've been at the 10 yard line watching. We do need definite upgrades in the secondary, though.

McKelvin is just plain bad. We are so short on CB talent it's really sad.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

I mean ill give him credit that he was at least there to make the plays he needed to, but he just didnt make the play
                  I watched McKelvin closely and I think you guys may sell him short a bit.

He's not a great or complete CB but he belongs in NFL.

His strength is speed and being nimble, but not strong and hard nosed (no wonder Jauron liked him a great deal).

I think since the ACL injury he may have lost some speed. Today the Raiders receivers pretty much post him up, hitch and run, and he cannot catch up to them.

The reason I said he belongs in NFL is that he is nimble which means he has short area quickness. If the Raiders had to get rid of the ball in 3 steps today, he would be good in those defenses.

Comment

• Ed
                    • Sep 2002

McKelvin had a tough day, but I think you have to give a lot of credit to the WR too for just making some great plays.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed
                      McKelvin had a tough day, but I think you have to give a lot of credit to the WR too for just making some great plays.
                      no doubt the WR made some plays, but this is a consistent trend with McKelvin. We aren't basing it solely on this game.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DrGraves
                        • Mar 2008

Is it too late to trade for a new CB before the Pats game?

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                          • Sep 2009

Dude has terrible ball skills, he just can't find the ball when it's in the air. First catch by Moore should have been an INT. Long TD was an amazing play by Moore, but Wilson and McKelvin didn't locate the ball in the air. They were both there but didn't find the ball.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

Every year we get to hate on one player and this yea it's McKelvin. Dude sucks.

Comment

• BigZ
                              • Sep 2003

Aaron Williams will be starting at CB by the end of the season. Searcy or Scott for Wilson.

Comment

Working...
                              X