PDA

View Full Version : So far...

OpIv37
09-18-2011, 07:21 PM
This team is making me look foolish for the first time ever.

And I'm enjoying every second of it.

There are problems that need to be addressed, but results speak for themselves and so far we are 2-0.

Bring on the best- I doubt we are ready but this team has shown that it doesnt matter until they hit the field.

Joe Fo Sho
09-18-2011, 07:22 PM
You'll be proven right next week..

Meathead
take away the last five touchdowns and the bills are blown out

psubills62
Absolutely. Oakland played better than I expected, but we defeated a team that was physical and dominant along both the OL and DL. Like you said, there are concerns, but as you've also said: 2-0 are the only numbers that matter.

Dr. Lecter
09-18-2011, 07:26 PM

Ummmm.....

OK.

sdbillsfan2
09-18-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm enjoying every second of it.

:up:
Enjoy it even if it's only a week.

YardRat
09-18-2011, 07:35 PM

:rofl:

acehole
09-18-2011, 07:37 PM
First time?

And I'm enjoying every second of it.

There are problems that need to be addressed, but results speak for themselves and so far we are 2-0.

Bring on the best- I doubt we are ready but this team has shown that it doesnt matter until they hit the field.

TigerJ
09-18-2011, 07:43 PM
I agree with you about New England. I'm assuming that's who you meant by "the best." I don't see Buffalo gettinng over that hump just yet. I'll be delighted if I'm wrong.

JD
09-18-2011, 07:43 PM
I honestly think I'll find something else to do next sunday and pretend we are on a bye lol

DMBcrew36
09-18-2011, 07:52 PM
You'll be proven right next week..

Yeah -- next week will certainly be a measuring stick.

Bangarang
09-18-2011, 08:06 PM
A couple of years ago this team would have rolled over at halftime and played dead the rest of the game. No longer does it appear that this team is happy with just a field goal after getting in the red zone and I love it. I said before the season started that we may not win every game but we'll sure as hell punch every team in the mouth every week.

OpIv37
09-18-2011, 08:16 PM
I agree with you about New England. I'm assuming that's who you meant by "the best." I don't see Buffalo gettinng over that hump just yet. I'll be delighted if I'm wrong.

That's exactly who I meant.

I suspect we are going to get our asses kicked.

But, I never would have thought we'd be 2-0, so we'll see what happens.

ZAZusmc03
09-18-2011, 11:22 PM
I think we saw the change last year. The attitude and heart this team plays with is a complete change from the past 10 years. Its ****ing awesome.

THRILLHO
09-18-2011, 11:32 PM
I have been as big a nay-sayer as any. But it has been the most pleasant of surprises these first 2 games. I still have zero hope vs New England, but Ill be watching anyways.

SABuffalo786
09-19-2011, 12:01 AM
There's honestly very few scenarios where I see us coming us close to winning next week......our secondary's too shaky and Brady's crushing all in his path.

2-1 into Cincy would be just fine with me.

BertSquirtgum
09-19-2011, 01:53 AM
i wouldn't call the secondary shaky. i would call it terrible.

Jan Reimers
09-19-2011, 03:13 AM
I'm loving every minute of this, but so far we have generated virtually no pass rush, and against Oakland, our secondary - particularly McKelvin - was attrocious.

Plus, we're getting paper thin at wide receiver.

YardRat
09-19-2011, 05:27 AM
I'm loving every minute of this, but so far we have generated virtually no pass rush, and against Oakland, our secondary - particularly McKelvin - was attrocious.

Plus, we're getting paper thin at wide receiver.

I'm more worried about the o-line...at least we have Roosevelt and Aiken available at WR.

ParanoidAndroid
09-19-2011, 05:29 AM
I have been as big a nay-sayer as any. But it has been the most pleasant of surprises these first 2 games. I still have zero hope vs New England, but Ill be watching anyways.

All the players that expect to lose are gone.

Night Train
09-19-2011, 05:32 AM
Well said. I give them about a 10 % chance of beating the Pats but Gailey is the right coach for this team and it's finally moving in the right direction. Real progress is obvious.

Still need another off-season but I'm happy. Good core to build from. Start extending the right guys and lets keep this team solid for a few years. :up:

Dujek
09-19-2011, 05:40 AM
I dunno, I mean the Patriots are going to move up and down the pitch and score a lot of points next week, but I think our offense can do the same thing to them.

We'll probably lose, but it will be a high-scoring close game.

Pinkerton Security
09-19-2011, 06:15 AM
That's exactly who I meant.

I suspect we are going to get our asses kicked.

But, I never would have thought we'd be 2-0, so we'll see what happens.

if our pass defense plays the way they did against Oakland *cough*MCKELVIN*COUGH* Brady is gonna throw for 700 yards, because he's already thrown for nearly 950 in 2 games.

DMBcrew36
09-19-2011, 06:27 AM
if our pass defense plays the way they did against Oakland *cough*MCKELVIN*COUGH* Brady is gonna throw for 700 yards, because he's already thrown for nearly 950 in 2 games.

And wasn't Oakland missing its top receivers?

Sorry - I don't give the Bills much chance Sunday.

Forward_Lateral
09-19-2011, 06:29 AM
And wasn't Oakland missing its top receivers?

Sorry - I don't give the Bills much chance Sunday.

What a lame excuse. They kept mentioning that all game yesterday. It would matter if Oakland's Top 3 were actually any good. They are all nobody's who at least 3/4 of NFL fans don't even know.

djjimkelly
09-19-2011, 06:46 AM
i wouldn't call the secondary shaky. i would call it terrible.

they had an off day i know mckelvin was torched a few times but istill think hes a player

everything seemed to go wrong for him when he was outjumoed for the one that should have been picked

leodis im still on your side have a short memory this week

DMBcrew36
09-19-2011, 07:24 AM
What a lame excuse. They kept mentioning that all game yesterday. It would matter if Oakland's Top 3 were actually any good. They are all nobody's who at least 3/4 of NFL fans don't even know.

Regardless, that isn't why I don't give Buffalo much chance Sunday. The Patriots are on another level.

mysticsoto
09-19-2011, 07:44 AM
I miss the negative nancy, Op *****ing thread we had last week... :(

The King
09-19-2011, 07:46 AM
A couple of years ago this team would have rolled over at halftime and played dead the rest of the game. No longer does it appear that this team is happy with just a field goal after getting in the red zone and I love it. I said before the season started that we may not win every game but we'll sure as hell punch every team in the mouth every week.

Agreed 100% this is not a game we win in the past.

methos4ever
09-19-2011, 08:43 AM
One thing we should keep in mind with regard to oakland. From man 1 to 53, they are faster than any other team in the NFL. The pats aren't as versed in the deep ball, it's the short and intermediate game that sets up their occassional moon shots. If we can get a few turnovers and limit our offensive mistakes, we have a chance. That's all you can ask.

TheBrownBear
09-19-2011, 11:35 AM
So far...

this team has beaten the worst team in the league on the road and barely squeeked by a middle-of-the-pack to mediocre team at home. These are two games that the Bills should have won, even assuming that they would only go on to win 5 or 6 games. This team is still severely lacking in talent when compared to the true contenders and must rely on almost perfect execution to compete and/or win.

And thinking about the playoffs, I just don't see a realistic scenario for us sneaking in. There is no way we finish above the Jets or Pats this year. They are just light years ahead of us talent-wise. That means we will be wrestling for a wildcard spot with these teams: one of Raiders/Chargers, two of Ravens/Steelers/Browns, one of Titans/Jags.

psubills62
09-19-2011, 11:42 AM
I can understand people saying the Pats are better than us - because they are. However, I'm not sure I'm seeing why the Jets are that much better than us. It's so hard to read these things right now after 2 weeks, but IMO the Jets are not nearly as far ahead of us as people believe.

Captain gameboy
09-19-2011, 11:47 AM
I can understand people saying the Pats are better than us - because they are. However, I'm not sure I'm seeing why the Jets are that much better than us. It's so hard to read these things right now after 2 weeks, but IMO the Jets are not nearly as far ahead of us as people believe.

I get you logic.

I have not seen pressure, and that is what concerns me.

There is nothing in these first two games that indicates we can pressure Sanchez.

My aim point for this team is not the Pats, its the Jets.

PromoTheRobot
09-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Any team with Tom Brady is going to be great. But the Pats have cracks that we can exploit. Both the Dolphins and Chargers beat themselves with dumb plays. Otherwise both teams were able to move and score on the Pats D. Chan Gailey will have new scheme for the Pats. Week #1 it was Chandler. Week #2 it was Nelson.

Stopping Brady will be another matter but not impossible. The best thing we can do is eat the clock when we have the ball. But when Brady is on the field we have pressure him. Wannstadt needs to find a way to unleash Merriman. We may see one-on-one coverage while we send the kitchen sink after Brady.

Expect a high-scoring game.

PTR

Tatonka
09-19-2011, 12:03 PM
i couldnt agree more Promo.