PDA

View Full Version : Beat part apart being a fan

BillsOwnAll
09-19-2011, 07:03 AM
All the "naysayers" who are still skeptical about the bills being "real" are missing out on the best part of being a fan! Everyones saying don't talk about playoffs we need to take it one game at a time. But that's not true... Were fans , were not playing the game, we can talk 5 weeks 9weeks or playoffs all we want! Enjoy the wins and have faith people!

BillsOwnAll
09-19-2011, 07:54 AM
And one more thing.. All I keep reading from people on this board is "how we have no chance next week" . How can you be a fan and after a start like were having have such a poor attitude..we haven't beat this team in a decade... We have the beat team we had in over a decade... Yah the pats look good on O but there def is very suspect... I just don't get how people can go in and say we have no chance... Be a fan.. Have faith!

TMu11
09-19-2011, 08:30 AM
And one more thing.. All I keep reading from people on this board is "how we have no chance next week" . How can you be a fan and after a start like were having have such a poor attitude..we haven't beat this team in a decade... We have the beat team we had in over a decade... Yah the pats look good on O but there def is very suspect... I just don't get how people can go in and say we have no chance... Be a fan.. Have faith!

3 years ago we started out 5-0. We all know how that ended. Fans have learned to keep their excitement reserved for a win against a GOOD team

pintonick96
09-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Worst part of being a fan...going to work with no voice bc you went HAM at the game the night before.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Because every year the Bills play the Pats close in NE and lose big in Buffalo. It's as predictable as the tides. The refs will turn a blind eye to every penalty NE commits and call every Buffalo big play back on a conveniently timed penalty. If both of the past two games were blowouts, I might agree with you, but the Oakland game was far too close for comfort and, other than a lucky break, would have been a loss... and Oakland isn't exactly the Patriots dynasty, either.

BillsOwnAll
09-19-2011, 08:42 AM
3 years ago we started out 5-0. We all know how that ended. Fans have learned to keep their excitement reserved for a win against a GOOD team
This is exactly what I'm talking about.. Get over the past.. There's nothing you can do about... It wasn't your fault... Your a fan.. You don't play the game, you root for your team to do good. Why do people think they have an outcome on the game! The only outcome fans have is cheering in the stadium and I damn well hope we all go into the stadium thinking were gonna win!

BillsOwnAll
09-19-2011, 08:46 AM
Because every year the Bills play the Pats close in NE and lose big in Buffalo. It's as predictable as the tides. The refs will turn a blind eye to every penalty NE commits and call every Buffalo big play back on a conveniently timed penalty. If both of the past two games were blowouts, I might agree with you, but the Oakland game was far too close for comfort and, other than a lucky break, would have been a loss... and Oakland isn't exactly the Patriots dynasty, either.
5 touchdowns in 5 possessions in the 2nd half is a lucky break? Why is it that the bills need to blow every team out for some people or it's "not a good win". This is the NFL, the most competive sport there is. Any tram can beat any team any given Sunday. Te bills showed heart and grit to come back multiple times in the game. A win is a win and Oakland is the slouch they used to be. There not gonna roll over for teams this year.

Jan Reimers
09-19-2011, 08:56 AM
We, as fans, should enjoy the Hell out of these wins, and hope they continue. We should also be prepared for a different outcome against the Pats.

But I don't need a win against the Pats to show me we're improving. We may not be in their class YET, but we are getting better, and I would think a compepitive game against them would be a real shot in the arm.

psubills62
09-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Actually, it was 5-1 (4-0, I believe, then one loss, then a win...then tank).

I've struggled with that myself. The key for me will be division games. There are a few similarities between this year and that year - namely that we haven't played any division games yet and that we don't know how strong these two teams are. That being said, we also weren't scoring very much offensively, we weren't rushing very well (we've got something like 6 YPC now), and we didn't have a blowout win in any of those games, IIRC.

As others have said, I really don't think we're going to win next week, but I think we've got the ability to keep it close.

better days
09-19-2011, 09:13 AM

No the Raiders are not the Pats* but they have a better defense than the Pats* this year & they are a BIGGER FASTER team than the Pats* IMO. The Bills CAN win this game, BILLIEVE.

The last buffalo fan
09-19-2011, 10:04 AM
No the Raiders are not the Pats* but they have a better defense than the Pats* this year & they are a BIGGER FASTER team than the Pats* IMO. The Bills CAN win this game, BILLIEVE.

So do I!!!!

Johnny Bugmenot
09-19-2011, 11:02 AM
5 touchdowns in 5 possessions in the 2nd half is a lucky break? Why is it that the bills need to blow every team out for some people or it's "not a good win". This is the NFL, the most competive sport there is. Any tram can beat any team any given Sunday. Te bills showed heart and grit to come back multiple times in the game. A win is a win and Oakland is the slouch they used to be. There not gonna roll over for teams this year.
No, the McFadden fumble was a lucky break. Without it, the Raiders would have scored another touchdown and the game would've been out of reach. A fourteen-point swing that put the Bills right back into contention.

And no, until proven otherwise, the record has shown that the Bills cannot beat the Patriots on this or any other Sunday.

The King
09-19-2011, 11:06 AM
what the hell is the title of this thread?

psubills62
09-19-2011, 11:08 AM
My guess is "Best part about being a fan." :idunno:

DraftBoy
09-19-2011, 11:08 AM

Should be "Best part..."

Johnny Bugmenot
09-19-2011, 11:12 AM
If the Bills have any chance of beating the Patriots this year I think the chances are far better IN New England than hosting them. The close NE loss last year was probably the same type of game the Bills would win this year. But at home? No way.

Demon
09-19-2011, 11:21 AM
All the "naysayers" who are still skeptical about the bills being "real" are missing out on the best part of being a fan! Everyones saying don't talk about playoffs we need to take it one game at a time. But that's not true... Were fans , were not playing the game, we can talk 5 weeks 9weeks or playoffs all we want! Enjoy the wins and have faith people!

So people who had doubts are not fans? I had doubts on this team, i still have doubts about our ownership/upper management but i'm still a fan. I was there yesterday and have no voice today. Don't try to sound like you're some kind of super fan because you drool anything and everything Bills. You're just one fan, as insignificant as me.

BillsOwnAll
09-19-2011, 11:26 AM
No, the McFadden fumble was a lucky break. Without it, the Raiders would have scored another touchdown and the game would've been out of reach. A fourteen-point swing that put the Bills right back into contention.

And no, until proven otherwise, the record has shown that the Bills cannot beat the Patriots on this or any other Sunday.
So anytime our defense causes a turnover it's just luck? That makes no sense..

BillsOwnAll
09-19-2011, 11:32 AM
So people who had doubts are not fans? I had doubts on this team, i still have doubts about our ownership/upper management but i'm still a fan. I was there yesterday and have no voice today. Don't try to sound like you're some kind of super fan because you drool anything and everything Bills. You're just one fan, as insignificant as me.
That's by my point at all. My point is that were 2-0 and it's annoying seeing people post "pats are gonna kill us" "no way well win next week". I'm not saying I'm a better fan then you or anyone else.. I just don't understand how you can go into a game "knowing" the bills will lose.. I don't care about the last 8 years... This is a different team. Try having faith and being happy... There's no reason to be negative at this point in the season.

Philagape
09-19-2011, 11:35 AM

People who go on faith alone are cheerleaders more than fans. Fans can be objective.
The only qualification of a fan is hoping they'll win, not thinking they'll win.

Night Train
09-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Agreed. We have a 10 % chance this Sunday and I still think we're a 6 win team.. but I see real progress and the fan in me isn't so skeptical long term.
Might have something to do with having an actual HC who knows what the hell he's doing.

imbondz
09-19-2011, 11:36 AM
but when i'm hoping they'll win, i'm still thinking it. so probably 6 of 1.

Mski
09-19-2011, 11:41 AM

And no, until proven otherwise, the record has shown that the Bills cannot beat the Patriots on this or any other Sunday.no the lucky break was the officials not initially seeing that searcy's pick was a "tie." and i think oaklands D is as good as NE, NE's offense is 10x better than Oaklands, if the bills have a chance at winning this game they're gonna have to score 50+, and if henne was able to pass for 400+ against them, then its not entirely impossible

BertSquirtgum
09-19-2011, 12:32 PM

mcfadden didn't just drop the ball. the defense caused that fumble, which is not luck.

BillsFanCupp38
09-19-2011, 06:53 PM

Dude, the Patriots are a lot better than the Raiders. We beat two AFC west opponents. Arguably the weakest division in the AFC. There is nothing wrong with me wanting to see more out of this team before I annoint them Super Bowl bound. More excitement will come when we beat a team like the Patriots. A dynasty we have not beat in 7 years. Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic because of how well the team has looked this year. But in order to accurately judge if we will make the playoffs we gotta see more. Are we contenders or pretenders? We should learn a lot more this weekend.

BillsFanCupp38
09-19-2011, 06:55 PM
PS I am loving the energy and excitement from my follow Bills fans!