• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsOwnAll
    My IQ Test results came back negative
    • Oct 2002

Beat part apart being a fan

All the "naysayers" who are still skeptical about the bills being "real" are missing out on the best part of being a fan! Everyones saying don't talk about playoffs we need to take it one game at a time. But that's not true... Were fans , were not playing the game, we can talk 5 weeks 9weeks or playoffs all we want! Enjoy the wins and have faith people!
  • BillsOwnAll
    • Oct 2002

Re: Beat part apart being a fan

And one more thing.. All I keep reading from people on this board is "how we have no chance next week" . How can you be a fan and after a start like were having have such a poor attitude..we haven't beat this team in a decade... We have the beat team we had in over a decade... Yah the pats look good on O but there def is very suspect... I just don't get how people can go in and say we have no chance... Be a fan.. Have faith!

Comment

• TMu11
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
      And one more thing.. All I keep reading from people on this board is "how we have no chance next week" . How can you be a fan and after a start like were having have such a poor attitude..we haven't beat this team in a decade... We have the beat team we had in over a decade... Yah the pats look good on O but there def is very suspect... I just don't get how people can go in and say we have no chance... Be a fan.. Have faith!
      3 years ago we started out 5-0. We all know how that ended. Fans have learned to keep their excitement reserved for a win against a GOOD team
      After Every Dark Night Comes a Brighter Day

Comment

• pintonick96
        You guys are all nerds. Just give me team updates and STFU.
        • Aug 2005

Worst part of being a fan...going to work with no voice bc you went HAM at the game the night before.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
          Will not tolerate vandalism.
          • Apr 2006

Because every year the Bills play the Pats close in NE and lose big in Buffalo. It's as predictable as the tides. The refs will turn a blind eye to every penalty NE commits and call every Buffalo big play back on a conveniently timed penalty. If both of the past two games were blowouts, I might agree with you, but the Oakland game was far too close for comfort and, other than a lucky break, would have been a loss... and Oakland isn't exactly the Patriots dynasty, either.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by TMu11
            3 years ago we started out 5-0. We all know how that ended. Fans have learned to keep their excitement reserved for a win against a GOOD team
            This is exactly what I'm talking about.. Get over the past.. There's nothing you can do about... It wasn't your fault... Your a fan.. You don't play the game, you root for your team to do good. Why do people think they have an outcome on the game! The only outcome fans have is cheering in the stadium and I damn well hope we all go into the stadium thinking were gonna win!

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
              Because every year the Bills play the Pats close in NE and lose big in Buffalo. It's as predictable as the tides. The refs will turn a blind eye to every penalty NE commits and call every Buffalo big play back on a conveniently timed penalty. If both of the past two games were blowouts, I might agree with you, but the Oakland game was far too close for comfort and, other than a lucky break, would have been a loss... and Oakland isn't exactly the Patriots dynasty, either.
              5 touchdowns in 5 possessions in the 2nd half is a lucky break? Why is it that the bills need to blow every team out for some people or it's "not a good win". This is the NFL, the most competive sport there is. Any tram can beat any team any given Sunday. Te bills showed heart and grit to come back multiple times in the game. A win is a win and Oakland is the slouch they used to be. There not gonna roll over for teams this year.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

We, as fans, should enjoy the Hell out of these wins, and hope they continue. We should also be prepared for a different outcome against the Pats.

But I don't need a win against the Pats to show me we're improving. We may not be in their class YET, but we are getting better, and I would think a compepitive game against them would be a real shot in the arm.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TMu11
                  Actually, it was 5-1 (4-0, I believe, then one loss, then a win...then tank).

I've struggled with that myself. The key for me will be division games. There are a few similarities between this year and that year - namely that we haven't played any division games yet and that we don't know how strong these two teams are. That being said, we also weren't scoring very much offensively, we weren't rushing very well (we've got something like 6 YPC now), and we didn't have a blowout win in any of those games, IIRC.

As others have said, I really don't think we're going to win next week, but I think we've got the ability to keep it close.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                    No the Raiders are not the Pats* but they have a better defense than the Pats* this year & they are a BIGGER FASTER team than the Pats* IMO. The Bills CAN win this game, BILLIEVE.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                      I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by better days
                      No the Raiders are not the Pats* but they have a better defense than the Pats* this year & they are a BIGGER FASTER team than the Pats* IMO. The Bills CAN win this game, BILLIEVE.
                      So do I!!!!
                      The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                        Will not tolerate vandalism.
                        • Apr 2006

5 touchdowns in 5 possessions in the 2nd half is a lucky break? Why is it that the bills need to blow every team out for some people or it's "not a good win". This is the NFL, the most competive sport there is. Any tram can beat any team any given Sunday. Te bills showed heart and grit to come back multiple times in the game. A win is a win and Oakland is the slouch they used to be. There not gonna roll over for teams this year.
                        No, the McFadden fumble was a lucky break. Without it, the Raiders would have scored another touchdown and the game would've been out of reach. A fourteen-point swing that put the Bills right back into contention.

And no, until proven otherwise, the record has shown that the Bills cannot beat the Patriots on this or any other Sunday.
                        Last edited by Johnny Bugmenot; 09-19-2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

what the hell is the title of this thread?
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by King Bedard
                            My guess is "Best part about being a fan."
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by King Bedard
                              Should be "Best part..."
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X