PDA

View Full Version : Weak afc

BillsOwnAll
09-19-2011, 07:18 AM
I think the days of the Afc being the stronger coference are over. they're just aren't many great teams in the Afc this year. The way I see it...

Pats-clear favorite but defense is shaky and could have problems in the playoffs beating 3 good teams in 3 weeks..

Jets- If there defense doesn't show up for a game you can pretty much call it a loss

Bills- so far so good. But still would be in a battle with a good team.

Houston- beat two very bad teams so far but look legitimate to win the south

Tennessee- they beat Baltimore? I don't think hassleback can make a run though.

Baltimore- prOved yesterday they are very beatable

Pittsburgh- so far very incossient... Lost to a good team beat a bad team

San Diego , denver, Oakland.. I can't see more then on of these teams stepping up for the wild card.

Then there are the teams that I just don't think will contend for the playoffs

Miami
Jacksonville
Cinci
Cleveland
Indy
Kc

Buddo
09-19-2011, 09:13 AM
I think that the NFCE is building up to being a very tough division, but after that, and they have pretty much always been tough, I don't see what else there is, that looks like it's going to win that much this year. Packers no doubt, Saints probably, maybe the Bears and Lions.
A couple of the teams you are pointing the finger at, like the Steelers and Ravens, will still be there or thereabouts, when it's time to see who gets to the playoffs.
Note also, that there haven't been too many AFC/NFC matchups as yet, and most of those have been won by AFC teams.
Personally, I'd still say that the AFC is overall better than the NFC atm. The difficult area is that there are a couple of teams there, who if they get most of what they do right, do actually have the ability to take on anyone from the AFC, and beat them.

better days
09-19-2011, 09:21 AM
I think that the NFCE is building up to being a very tough division, but after that, and they have pretty much always been tough, I don't see what else there is, that looks like it's going to win that much this year. Packers no doubt, Saints probably, maybe the Bears and Lions.
A couple of the teams you are pointing the finger at, like the Steelers and Ravens, will still be there or thereabouts, when it's time to see who gets to the playoffs.
Note also, that there haven't been too many AFC/NFC matchups as yet, and most of those have been won by AFC teams.
Personally, I'd still say that the AFC is overall better than the NFC atm. The difficult area is that there are a couple of teams there, who if they get most of what they do right, do actually have the ability to take on anyone from the AFC, and beat them.

The Bucs won a hard fought game against the Vikings yesterday after losing to an up & coming Lions team the week before. Atlanta also won yesterday. I think the NFC South is better than the NFC East this year.

After the South I would put the NFC North with the Packers Lions Bears Vikings over the East with the surprising Skins leading that division.