X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

O-Line

How about some props to the MUCH maligned o-line. They looke pretty darn good this week!
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: O-Line

Originally posted by BidsJr
    How about some props to the MUCH maligned o-line. They looke pretty darn good this week!
    I personally thought Fitz made them look better than they are. He gets rid of the ball very fast and has great pocket presence. Fitz has been outstanding. Before this season, I thought he'd be serviceable for maybe 1-2 yrs or so...now, give him a freakin' contract. The guy has absolutely earned it!!!

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

This OL is good... Levitre and Bell were key in springing Freddy for long gains..

Fred however knows how to hit a hole and make something out of nothing

1 sack in 2 games.... 2, 100 +++ yard rushing...

what else can you ask for ?
      Last edited by ddaryl; 09-19-2011, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• Bangarang
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by mysticsoto
        I personally thought Fitz made them look better than they are. He gets rid of the ball very fast and has great pocket presence. Fitz has been outstanding. Before this season, I thought he'd be serviceable for maybe 1-2 yrs or so...now, give him a freakin' contract. The guy has absolutely earned it!!!
        It wasn't just Fitz getting rid of the ball quickly. The o-line was giving him time to let plays develop. I'd say it was a healthy contribution from both.

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

So am I mistaken in thinking that Fitzpatrick was sacked twice in two games? Once by KC (Hali) and once by Oakland (Shaughnessy, maybe, can't remember who exactly)? Because I distinctly remember seeing a sack this last game and obviously Hali had a sack. Weird because nfl.com says one sack allowed. Oh well.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• alohabillsfan
            • Sep 2003

But wait, we have "experts" on this message board that says Bell sucks! They also predicted that Cam Newton would suck balls and Fitz is not the answer.... OK boys, back in the basement. LMAO!

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
              • Dec 2002

Checked the stats on NFL.COM and the Bills have the best rushing OLine in the league thus far.

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                So am I mistaken in thinking that Fitzpatrick was sacked twice in two games? Once by KC (Hali) and once by Oakland (Shaughnessy, maybe, can't remember who exactly)? Because I distinctly remember seeing a sack this last game and obviously Hali had a sack. Weird because nfl.com says one sack allowed. Oh well.

Sack against Oakland was negated becasue of a Raider coverage penalty downfield.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

I was about to post the same thing. If Trent Edwards were QB the OL would not look this good. Time for the contract for Fitz. Before he wins more games & the price goes through the roof.
                  Last edited by better days; 09-19-2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ChristopherWalken
                    Sack against Oakland was negated becasue of a Raider coverage penalty downfield.
                    Completely forgot about that, thank you.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Fitz makes Gailey look better than he really is.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        Fitz makes Gailey look better than he really is.
                        Why do you say that? I think they both complement each other nicely. I'm much higher on Gailey than I am on Nix...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Why do you say that? I think they both complement each other nicely. I'm much higher on Gailey than I am on Nix...
                          I agree. Don't get me wrong, I like Gailey but Fitz just reads D's so much better and makes the proper adjustments that I don't think any other qb like Thigpen can make.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

They have done a great job and I am happy to say I was wrong about them. I was very worried but feel much better.

That said, remember the discussion about signing a vet to be a solid backup when the injury bug hits? Well Urbik is out so I hope Rhinehart can play.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              I agree. Don't get me wrong, I like Gailey but Fitz just reads D's so much better and makes the proper adjustments that I don't think any other qb like Thigpen can make.
                              Fitz has been noted for given high praise to Gailey for his play calling and for the pregame plans he comes up with. I mean, the offense is clicking so I think you gotta give Chan some credit atleast.

Quite frankly, it's surprising that the offense is doing better than the defense. I expected the defense to be the one keeping us in the games. They've been stopping the run, but allowing big plays thru here and there. There were several times yesterday where they looked like the bend-but-don't-break defense of Jauron's. This is supposed to be a penetrating Dline...yet we've seen very little of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X