X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

So we are waiting for the high-rollers coming in to smack us down

The rag tag team of the Bills seem to finally get out its own way and rally people around to punch out those street corner thugs who bullied us for all those years.

But on the horizon comes the fleet of slick haired Pats on their white horses with trophy models in tow. They are flashing their shiny weapons and are going to bludgeon us to submission.

I'm going to enjoy the sun right now but I do fear for worst coming next Sunday.
  • JoeMama
    Emotion Sickness
    • Oct 2002

Re: So we are waiting for the high-rollers coming in to smack us down

With the Patriots coming to town, this might as well be a playoff game for me.

After 8 long years of losing to them, this game means a lot more than the average matchup. It's also an opportunity for our rag tag group of unheralded players to out-Patriot the Patriots.

They built their dynasty on players who were dealt an incredible lack of respect or reverence around the league who were fantastic role players in Belichick's scheme.

My expectations are a bit tempered given how great the Patriots look, and how well they typically do against us, but we have a chance and I expect us to be competitive.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by JoeMama

After 8 long years of losing to them, this game means a lot more than the average matchup. It's also an opportunity for our rag tag group of unheralded players to out-Patriot the Patriots.

They built their dynasty on players who were dealt an incredible lack of respect or reverence around the league who were fantastic role players in Belichick's scheme.

My expectations are a bit tempered given how great the Patriots look, and how well they typically do against us, but we have a chance and I expect us to be competitive.
      This will be the 1st game in a long time I have any hope the Bills could pull off the upset & win against the Pats*.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        Sab and TD are insignificant
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JoeMama

I like our chances. we've had teams that had the patriots on the ropes in years past since 03, but just couldn't finish them off. this team, and this coaching staff has a killer instinct about them coupled with a resiliency we've not seen in a very long time. if any bills team stands a chance at knocking off the patriots, it is this one, there are enough people on this roster who know the patriots are no slouch, and that they will have to bring their a game. the 12th man will have to bring it's a game too. but we can do it, I think we will do it. this team has an identity, leadership, and talent to boot. we will beat the patriots.
        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

I don't like our match up vs. their TE's. If we don't harrass Brady at the LOS and run the ball successfully, we're in for a whipping.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Dujek
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Jan 2008

We usually run the Patriots close the first time we play them every season.

Billieve that this is the year that "running them close" turns into a win for the Bills.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              I don't like our match up vs. their TE's. If we don't harrass Brady at the LOS and run the ball successfully, we're in for a whipping.
              My thinking also. The Bills have to PRESSURE Brady & not give him all day to pick them apart. On offense if they can run the ball & control the clock they can keep the ball out of Bradys hands.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

I think some of you put too much emphasis on beating the Pats, as if losing to them will somehow negate, or invalidate, two great wins.

Look, guys, we are getting better. I would love a win over the Pats, but a competitive game is all I'm looking for. Only a blow out by B&B will disappoint me.

We don't have to jump all the way from crap to better-than-the Pats in one fell swoop. We are probably not there yet, but our first two wins show we are on our way.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                  I like our chances. we've had teams that had the patriots on the ropes in years past since 03, but just couldn't finish them off. this team, and this coaching staff has a killer instinct about them coupled with a resiliency we've not seen in a very long time. if any bills team stands a chance at knocking off the patriots, it is this one, there are enough people on this roster who know the patriots are no slouch, and that they will have to bring their a game. the 12th man will have to bring it's a game too. but we can do it, I think we will do it. this team has an identity, leadership, and talent to boot. we will beat the patriots.
                  I think we have a real chance too. But, we have to find our pass rush. If we allow Brady to stay clean, It will be long day.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    I think some of you put too much emphasis on beating the Pats, as if losing to them will somehow negate, or invalidate, two great wins.

Look, guys, we are getting better. I would love a win over the Pats, but a competitive game is all I'm looking for. Only a blow out by B&B will disappoint me.

We don't have to jump all the way from crap to better-than-the Pats in one fell swoop. We are probably not there yet, but our first two wins show we are on our way.
                    I will not be down if we lose to the Pats* as long as we don't lose like the Chiefs have the 1st 2 weeks. The Chiefs boards must be on suicide watch after they went into the season FALSELY thinking they were good.

It sure would be nice to FINALLY beat the Pats* though & get that Monkey off our back. The Fins have beat them before when they had a worse team than the Bills.

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

Jan is right. Reality is that we're not on the level of the Pats, and they are just smoking everyone they play. I think our offense will move the ball, but our defense will get picked apart.

The reality of the situation means I'd be OK with a competitive game for now. Will still be pissed if they lose, but after my emotions lessen I'll be OK with a competitive game.

Does that mean that suddenly Op is right if we lose and people are lowering their expectations if they just want to see a competitive game? I personally don't think so, but people can think what they want. Theoretically, we could lose both games to the Pats and still go 14-2.

I want to see a win, and I think if 1) the ball bounces our way a few times, and 2) the coaches make key adjustments between now and next Sunday, we could win. I just don't see it happening this time.
                      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

not at all Jan. IMO, we beat teams we should have beaten which is an awsome thing. KC is a mess and the raiders were filled with injuries. The Pats are the standard of the NFL. If we can beat them, we know we have a chance vs any other team and that we're not pretenders. Thats what we're hoping for.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                          The Voice of Reason
                          • Jul 2007

A loss to the Patsies is part of my 18-1 record predicted for this season. They just want someone to suffer the way they did... ANYWHO...

Merriman needs to literally be lights out. We need a pass rush that gets to the quarterback. We've been pressuring the QB plenty, but yesterday we had 0 sacks. That being said, no Raider legally got their hands on Fitzy for a loss either, but Jason Campbell is no Tom Lady. If we can take him down a couple times or at least make him think twice, we hold some sort of chance. You hit Trent once, he's second guessing and cowering every time. You hit Lady, you hit him again, you keep hitting him, he won't stop until you hit him about the 8th time, then he MIGHT hesitate for that extra second where the wheels can come off that locomotive.
                          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            Aaron Hernandez was injured at the end of the SD game. Not sure how he's faring, but it would be big for us if he didn't play.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                              Aaron Hernandez was injured at the end of the SD game. Not sure how he's faring, but it would be big for us if he didn't play.
                              they have a new receiver, Wilfork. lol.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X