PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Post of the week!

northernbillfan
09-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Forked from: Beat part apart being a fan (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3527205)

We, as fans, should enjoy the Hell out of these wins, and hope they continue. We should also be prepared for a different outcome against the Pats.

But I don't need a win against the Pats to show me we're improving. We may not be in their class YET, but we are getting better, and I would think a compepitive game against them would be a real shot in the arm.Post of the week!

Cntrygal
09-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Absolutely!

Beebe's Kid
09-20-2011, 05:48 PM
I want a win. I think we can win. I will not go into this game failing to support this team 100% because they might let me down.

They need our support to win.

Jan's post is a good one...I just happen to disagree with the idea that we are supposed to go into this with our heads hung, kissing the rings, witha defeatist attitude. I am sure that is not "realist" enough for some, but that's how I am approaching the Pats.

Why not us?

hemi13
09-20-2011, 05:59 PM
I remember when I was a season ticket holder and the Pats would come to town. (and no, it wasn't that long ago) They had as many fans at the game as we did. At least it felt that way. It used to pi*s me off. I'm hoping that it's different this coming Sunday. The 12th man needs to be heard. LOAD AND PROUD!!! I believe we can win this game if we play smart. No turnovers and get to Brady once in a while.

CAbills
09-20-2011, 06:38 PM
I totally agree. I see a lot of articles saying this will be the true measuring stick for the Bills. I disagree, we are not a top 5 team in the league and I am not sure of many teams that would be favored to beat the Pats right. If we beat them I would be ecstatic but am definitely not expecting it and wont think the Bills are pretenders just because they cant beat the arguably the best team in the league.

Just a competitive game would be nice.

RoscoeMagic
09-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Compepetive = solid post IMHO

northernbillfan
09-21-2011, 01:02 AM
I want a win. I think we can win. I will not go into this game failing to support this team 100% because they might let me down.

Jan's post is a good one...I just happen to disagree with the idea that we are supposed to go into this with our heads hung, kissing the rings, witha defeatist attitude. I am sure that is not "realist" enough for some, but that's how I am approaching the Pats.

Why not us?Who said anything about kissing the rings? Hanging our heads low? Where is the defeatist attitude? He was just saying that a loss against them won't deflate his hopes for the team heading in the right direction.

He is also being a the slap in the face that many fans MAY need on Monday IF the Bills lose. I've been around boards for more than a decade and see the "we're doomed" attitude far too often, especially after games against tough division opponents.

trapezeus
09-21-2011, 08:34 AM
interestingly enough, i was watching the 90-91 bills. we had come from behind victories at home vs Denver, LA, and the Jets. That was a great bills team, but they didn't blow everyone out.

So just because we went to the wire with a middle of the pack raiders team isn't necessarily condemnation of the team. i think they are improving.

jamze132
09-21-2011, 08:45 AM
The Bills are improving. Anyone who can't see that is a dumbass.

Jan Reimers
09-21-2011, 08:46 AM

Why not us?
I want a win, too, of course. I am hoping for a win, and I'll be rooting like a madman for us to beat the Pats.

All I was trying to say was it's difficult going from a crappy 4-12, to an elite team that can beat the Pats, in one season. I am using much more than a win against the Pats to measure our progress. And I'm not going to let a loss spoil my recaptured optimism, when we are getting better in so many areas.

Historian
09-21-2011, 08:57 AM
I want a win, too, of course. I am hoping for a win, and I'll be rooting like a madman for us to beat the Pats.

All I was trying to say was it's difficult going from a crappy 4-12, to an elite team that can beat the Pats, in one season. I am using much more than a win against the Pats to measure our progress. And I'm not going to let a loss spoil my recaptured optimism, when we are getting better in so many areas.

I agree with you Jan, but consider the OT games we lost last year.

A play or two in the other direction....dumping Edwards during camp, and who knows....we could have been 6-10, maybe even 7-9. With ANY offense, we beat Miami in the opener last year.

Gailey was right by stating that they're beginning to learn how to complete a game, and win under different circumstances.

That being said, this may still only be an 8-8 team even if it stays healthy.