• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Coaching decisions

Specifically the FG...I have to admit, I said in the GDT that I didn't like the decision to kick the FG, but I did like having points. That sure proved crucial. Would have been nice to have that blocked FG too, but thankfully it didn't matter.

Glad to see Gailey and company had faith in our offense to pull it out in the second half. I have to say, this is refreshing to see times when I say "dang, that is good play-calling (or coaching)." I'm specifically thinking about the Nelson play - using Spiller and Chandler as decoys worked amazingly.

They've also done a good job of putting stuff on tape to make sure teams have to prepare. Brad Smith did great in the wildcat, and I have to imagine it's partially because of the pass he threw against KC. I'm wondering if they're going to draw something special up to use against NE in the wildcat.

Anyway, just nice to see some of these guys improving and the coaches using them properly.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: Coaching decisions

I loved the play where both FJ and CJ were in and CJ got lots of yards behind FJ's blocking...I've been advocating for that kind of play since Lynch was on the team!!!

Comment

• clumping platelets

4th and a football down by 14 at their 12 yd line............GO FOR IT!!!

I was :shelby: when they didn't go for it

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

I was impressed on how the bills were very prepared to get physical. More importantly the half time adjustments. It's nice to see a coach who knows how to change things unlike the old era that kept sticking with what didn't work.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

The TD play to Nelson was probably one of the most genius play Ive seen any Bills coach call. Every aspect of it from formation, to fake, to execution was brilliant.

And I dont even like Chan.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
            • Apr 2005

Why do I have the feeling Chan and company have been game planning for NE for months now ? Everytime I think the balloon will pop and this team will come back down to earth ,they surprise the hell out of me. I love how this time makes and executes second half adjustments. I noticed this beginning last year. Also this team seems ready to play from the opening whistle. Can't wait for Sunday.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
              • Dec 2002

Yeah I was not happy with the play calling in the first half but that could have largely been due to the Bills inept execution. Lots of dropped passes.

And I can see the field goal both ways:

1) Kind of a pussy call 4th and inches to kick the FG. Should have been an easy 1st down for the Bills to make. 7 points could have changed the momentum earlier than the McFadden fumble.

2) Miss the 4th down conversion and that could have significantly destoryed the Bills confidence having driven the field and come away with zero points.

My first reaction was to call it a Jauron pussy call.

Comment

• gameboy
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                The TD play to Nelson was probably one of the most genius play Ive seen any Bills coach call. Every aspect of it from formation, to fake, to execution was brilliant.

And I dont even like Chan.
                And the play was set up last week by Fitz going to Chandler with success.

The NFL is like most organizations. They always fight the last war.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ChristopherWalken
                  My first reaction was to call it a Jauron pussy call.
                  If we had lost the game there would have been 10 merged threads about that. As it is it's barely a footnote.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                    • Dec 2004

I said it was the right call at the time...glad it turned out to be correct. :)

Things were getting away from the Bills a bit at that point and we just needed to come away with something positive on that drive. It was early in the game so there was plenty of time to come back from an 11 point deficit. If he does that with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter, well, then we've got a problem folks.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

It was the right call. You have to put up points after a long drive like that. I was hoping the blocked FG before half time wouldn't come back to haunt the Bills, and thankfully, it didn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X