PDA

View Full Version : Biggest challenge this season.... New England

The King
09-19-2011, 10:42 AM
I'd like to think that most of us have our expectations pretty well in check for this game. We all know it's going to be tough.

The Bills have become media darlings overnight. And a lot of people are going to be watching how we perform on Sunday. Win or Lose I just hope we show up and give them hell. A blow out loss could be demoralizing to a team that's on the rise like we are. I just hope we can fight long enough to give us a chance in the 4th quarter... and I hope those of you at the Ralph are even louder than you were yesterday. No doubt you'll be a huge factor in this game.

Get "lubed" up... this is a big one.

Cntrygal
09-20-2011, 08:24 AM
I don't know that the Bills have become the "media darling", I haven't hardly heard a thing about them. It's been all about Romo, Vick, Brady & Newton. :(

I do hope that if the Bills don't shock us all and win... they are at least competitive.

better days
09-20-2011, 08:31 AM
I don't know that the Bills have become the "media darling", I haven't hardly heard a thing about them. It's been all about Romo, Vick, Brady & Newton. :(

I do hope that if the Bills don't shock us all and win... they are at least competitive.

Yeah you are right. It is ALWAYS Cowboys(Romo) EAGLES(Vick) PATS*(Brady) & Newton has had a couple great games so he is in the news.

The Bills are getting some respect however as I said they would if they beat the Raiders.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
09-20-2011, 08:37 AM
If the Bills beat the Pats the goal post must come down.

THRILLHO
09-20-2011, 08:53 AM

We are getting some attention, but the real media darlings are the Lions. They have been worse than everyone for so long and are now winning with conviction. I like to see the Lions win.

jamze132
09-20-2011, 08:54 AM
I can't imagine what would happen if we beat NE. I wonder what would happen to our team if we did. Would they get over-confident and **** up the rest of the season? Would they continue with the winning streak next week?

This is unchartered territory for the Bills. They know how to lose but they are now starting to learn how to win. A long winning streak isn't easy for any team, you have to be even keel.

One thing for sure is, if we beat NE, they will still be ahead of us in ESPNs Power Rankings.

Beebe's Kid
09-20-2011, 09:13 AM
This is the big game...as is the one ahead of us every week. The NE game is the biggest so far, and might be the tone setter for the entire season.

We just have to come out and play them hard. We need to show that we are not afraid of them, and show that we aren't going to roll over and play dead.

They are a very good team, with perhaps the most successful system in the history of the NFL. They are not unbeatable, however.

To ask if they could get over-confident with a victory is probably a little nuts. To act like this game could demoralize them and trash the season is equally as crazy.

It is more of a gauge to all of us, to see how "for real" they are.

It is ironic that there are so many fans that wonder how the players are feeling, and a quick look around the message boards will leave you hard to find a confident fan anywhere. Almost everybody I know is doing the old "I know we are going to lose, but..."

**** that. All we can do as fans is support this team, and it will go a hell of a long way if they know that we think they can beat the Pats. This game is in our house, and while the history is not on our side, why not now? Why not us?

Quit worrying about what happens if you support the Bills and they lose, and just support them. We should be shaking that ***** on Sunday!!

Ed
09-20-2011, 09:34 AM
I just noticed that this is the only game this week with two 2-0 teams facing off. So this might be one of the more heavily watched games. I'm pumped for it and I feel confident that we can put up a lot of points, but the fact that we're 2-0, playing at home, and are still 9 point underdogs tells you everything you need to know about the Pats. Even if we get beat pretty soundly, it doesn't mean we're not for real. I still think the Chargers are for real even though they got beat by 14. It's frustrating, but the Pats are the best team in the league. So I've got my expectations in check, but I hope we at least give them hell.

psubills62
09-20-2011, 09:42 AM
I just noticed that this is the only game this week with two 2-0 teams facing off. So this might be one of the more heavily watched games. I'm pumped for it and I feel confident that we can put up a lot of points, but the fact that we're 2-0, playing at home, and are still 9 point underdogs tells you everything you need to know about the Pats. Even if we get beat pretty soundly, it doesn't mean we're not for real. I still think the Chargers are for real even though they got beat by 14. It's frustrating, but the Pats are the best team in the league. So I've got my expectations in check, but I hope we at least give them hell.
I noticed that too. That means it is possible (not likely, but possible) that the winner of this game is the ONLY 3-0 team in the league. Strange to think about, considering how many "matchups of the undefeateds" we've had late in seasons the last few years (Pats vs. Colts is the most hyped one usually).

Mad Max
09-20-2011, 09:53 AM
We are getting some attention, but the real media darlings are the Lions. They have been worse than everyone for so long and are now winning with conviction. I like to see the Lions win.

I'd like to see them win as well. Their woes have parallelled the Bills' with bad GMs, bad coaching hires, horrific drafting, and bad luck.

They turned all of that around and now are legit IMO. If they can do it, anyone can...such as US!

ChristopherWalken
09-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Yeah, anyway you look at it, one way or another, the road to the Superbowl will eventually go through Foxboro. In order to make a true statement in this league and in this division, the Bills are going to have to beat the Pats. I have more confidence of it being done in Orchard Park versus Foxboro...I guess you never know. I didn't expect them to be 2-0 at this point either. In all honesty, I just want the Bills to play a hard fought game and not get blown out. If they win - BONUS!