PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Hernandez out this Sunday

mysticsoto
09-19-2011, 11:00 AM
From rotoworld:

The Boston Globe's Shalise Manza Young reports Aaron Hernandez has been diagnosed with a sprained MCL, and will miss 1-to-2 weeks.

Mr. Miyagi
09-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Maybe we will get lucky this year.

Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald writes tight end Aaron Hernandez (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5674/aaron-hernandez) will likely miss the game (http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/09/19/fantasy-football-alert-dont-be-surprised-if-patriot-te-aaron-hernandez-is-out-vs-the-bills/). Shalise Manza Young of the Boston Globe reports Hernandez has a sprained MCL and Hernandez will miss 1-2 weeks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/19/aaron-hernandez-expected-to-miss-bills-game/

psubills62
09-19-2011, 11:07 AM
It's one of those things where I'd like to believe it makes a difference, but don't think it will chance the final outcome.

mrbojanglezs
09-19-2011, 11:27 AM
helps a little

Night Train
09-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Home boy Gronkowski will catch plenty. The Bills have a 40 year history of letting TE's kill them.

ServoBillieves
09-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Well Donte Whitner can't cover them any... wait...

X-Era
09-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Home boy Gronkowski will catch plenty. The Bills have a 40 year history of letting TE's kill them.For the first time in a long time, I like our LB'ers ability to cover. Barnett is all over the field.

RoscoeMagic
09-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Honestly, all it means is Gronkowski will have a bigger day. :;:

Ed
09-19-2011, 02:44 PM
It's one of those things where I'd like to believe it makes a difference, but don't think it will chance the final outcome.
Me neither. The Pats have always been great at overcoming injuries. Someone else we have never heard of we'll just step up and start making plays.

jamze132
09-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Welker is going to have 10+ catches within 10 yards of the LOS. A LB needs to be there to bury his ass as soon as he touches the ball across the middle. Towards the end, he'll be a bit jumpy if we knock his head off early.

Ickybaluky
09-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Welker is going to have 10+ catches within 10 yards of the LOS. A LB needs to be there to bury his ass as soon as he touches the ball across the middle. Towards the end, he'll be a bit jumpy if we knock his head off early.

The Pats have been running Welker deeper on routes, and he has been more effective because he is healthier. Last year he was robbed of some of his quickness because he was just back from his ACL surgery. This year he has been impossible to cover. I don't know how he cuts like that without breaking his ankles.

San Diego tried to take Welker out of the game with extra coverage, and he still had 7 catches for 81 yards. With the extra attention he was given by San Diego, Deion Branch was able to have a big day. Welker is an an amazing player.

Mike13
09-19-2011, 03:25 PM
He couldnt have sat out last week??

mysticsoto
09-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Per rotoworld:

Patriots DT Myron Pryor (groin) will be placed on injured reserve, ending his season.

It's a blow to the Patriots' depth along their defensive front. It sounds like Pryor suffered a Grade 2 or 3 tear in his groin during last Sunday's win over the Chargers. He had been the primary backup to Vince Wilfork and Albert Haynesworth.

OpIv37
09-21-2011, 11:55 AM
The Pats have been running Welker deeper on routes, and he has been more effective because he is healthier. Last year he was robbed of some of his quickness because he was just back from his ACL surgery. This year he has been impossible to cover. I don't know how he cuts like that without breaking his ankles.

San Diego tried to take Welker out of the game with extra coverage, and he still had 7 catches for 81 yards. With the extra attention he was given by San Diego, Deion Branch was able to have a big day. Welker is an an amazing player.

I still can't for the life of me figure out how or why Miami let him get away.

Dr. Lecter
09-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Because their FO is about equivalent to the Bills FO.

methos4ever
09-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Getting cute with a transition tag to me was the thing that did them in. If they just offered him a decent deal and was done with it, the Pats wouldn't have put the pill in that eventually got him (via trade) there.

HAMMER
09-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Starting center Dan Koppen on IR as well.

psubills62
09-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Pryor on IR, huh? Does anyone else think our offense should play their first drive entirely no-huddle? I think the best thing to do to the Pats defense would be to wear down Haynesworth and Wilfork.

acehole
09-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Yes...the Bills will win either way.

QUOTE=psubills62]It's one of those things where I'd like to believe it makes a difference, but don't think it will chance the final outcome.[/QUOTE]

Ickybaluky
09-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Pryor on IR, huh? Does anyone else think our offense should play their first drive entirely no-huddle? I think the best thing to do to the Pats defense would be to wear down Haynesworth and Wilfork.

Mike Wright is out as well, which leaves Kyle Love as the 3rd tackle. Love is a good run-down player and actually starts (Haynesworth rotates in). Shaun Ellis might have to slide to the inside at times. Landon Cohen will play in passing situations, but he is more of a penetrator and not stout enough against the run..

Losing Wright and Pryor hurts, since both are very underrated players. Pryor is a very good inside rusher in passing situations. Wright is a solid all-around player who is very versatile and underrated. They missed him at the end of last year when he got a concussion, so it isn't good he got another one. I guess the only good news is he was not I/R'ed.

Captain Obvious
09-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Tricky Icky is never going to show any concern over these Pats injuries.. He is extremely confident in the Pats backups.. in his mind they are just as good as the starters and are good football players..

psubills62
09-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Mike Wright is out as well, which leaves Kyle Love as the 3rd tackle. Love is a good run-down player and actually starts (Haynesworth rotates in). Shaun Ellis might have to slide to the inside at times. Landon Cohen will play in passing situations, but he is more of a penetrator and not stout enough against the run..

Losing Wright and Pryor hurts, since both are very underrated players. Pryor is a very good inside rusher in passing situations. Wright is a solid all-around player who is very versatile and underrated. They missed him at the end of last year when he got a concussion, so it isn't good he got another one. I guess the only good news is he was not I/R'ed.
At this point it seems that this game may end up being one of the best chances we've had in a while to beat the Pats. Looks like Dowling may not play either.