PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who were at the GAME yesterday...

imbondz
09-19-2011, 11:31 AM
What was it like? I watched the game, but couldn't get a good feel what it was like in the stadium. I wanted to be there so bad.

and when we were driving on that last play, what was the atmosphere like?

Mr. Miyagi
09-19-2011, 11:57 AM
I held my breath for the last 3 minutes of the game. And I was watching it at home by myself. I'm sure it was 100 times more tense at the Ralph.

mysticsoto
09-19-2011, 12:03 PM
The 1st half, the crowd was into it initially, but we got deflated on some of Oakland's plays. The crowd died down and flashbacks of being let down Jauron style came back to us.

In the 2nd half, the Bills came out on fire, got the crowd back into it, and we stayed into it for the entire half!!! The last drive had alot of gasping and people holding their breaths...I'm surprised nobody passed out.

It reminded me of the old days when the Dolphins used to come into town. The stadium would become electric!!! God did we hate the Dolphins. Now the younger generation hates the Pats more and don't feel the same way about our traditional rivals. Too bad...i still hate the Dolphins more than the Pats and I probably always will.

Some trash talking by Raider fans early but not as much as one might expect. In fact, I expected to see more Raiders fans than what I did...as well as a few fights. Didn't see any problems or issues at all.

hammerbillsfan
09-19-2011, 12:09 PM
The only fight we saw was with 2 Bills fans right behind us. :rolleyes:

But the rest of the time the crowd was rocking! :dance2:
So many his and lows :nervous:

madness
09-19-2011, 12:17 PM
My adrenaline is still pumping from yesterday! :rockout:

mysticsoto
09-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Oh, I did forget one thing. Getting back to the parking lot, I heard this guy constantly whining about how he's done with the Raiders and that the Bills didn't deserve this win, that we did nothing (5 TDs in one half is nothing?) to deserve this win, etc.

A pitiful, probably half drunk, guy in his 20s sat in the middle of the road within the parking lot and whined about the game. It actually made me laugh to hear his whining. When the Bills lose, I'd like to think most of us acknowledge we are not good enough or give props to the other team. This guy had no class at all and just cried about the loss in the middle of the parking lot like a baby.

But that was the extent to which I saw Raiders reacting. Like I said, there weren't as many as I expected (probably b'cse it's the home opener for the Bills) and even the ones that were around minimally talked crap - mostly before the game. One guy in the endzone talked a little smack when they went up 21-3. In the 2nd half, I didn't even see his face anymore.

trapezeus
09-19-2011, 01:52 PM
front page of Buffalo News this morning had the picture of Nelson after his leap into the crowd. a bunch of bills fans slapping him and congratulating him, with 2 raider fans just looking miserable. it was a great pic.

hammerbillsfan
09-19-2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/incoming/article562180.ece/BINARY/w620/_buf.jpg

Beebe's Kid
09-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Our new uniforms are awesome.

That said...the Ralph was great. The end of the first half was a little rough, but my two buddies went to the bathroom, and I remember sitting back and thinking about what it would take for this team to get back into this game. I heard one guy crying and saying "it's over, we suck," and some lady said "it's never over." I thought "she's right...we're still in this *****!!"

When we crossed midfield on the winning drive, there was a time out, and I said "Where else would you rather be?" There was probably about 20 people that finished it for me...it was pretty moving.

Right before the TD to Nelson the young guy behind me grabs my shoulders and gets right in my face and says "Dude...I'm freaking out, man."

When Nelson scored we were all hugging and screaming and high-fiving. It was pretty damn crazy.

The best reaction that I saw was when Fitzy was freaking out with the O-Line on the sidelines after the score.

It was an amazing atmosphere.

If we beat the Pats, there is going to be mayhem.

I know a lot of people that are saying we are going to lose, so they don't look nuts, or feel foolish. I say **** that. The Pats are not unbeatable, and our offense is sick with confidence. I don't think there are a lot of people that would want to take the bet against Fitzy and the boys.

Why not us?

madness
09-19-2011, 03:41 PM
The best reaction that I saw was when Fitzy was freaking out with the O-Line on the sidelines after the score.

I don't know if they showed it on TV but that right there was when the Ralph just went absolutely crazy. It was like the other team was just there for our personal entertainment at that point.

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Unreal feeling at the Ralph yesterday. The girl sitting next to me started crying and screaming OH MY GOD!!! I cant even describe how I felt for those last few minutes of the game. I've had season tickets the last six years and that was easily the best game I have ever been to.

Michael82
09-19-2011, 05:54 PM
That was one of the best games I have ever been to. Even when we were down 21-3, we still felt...okay, we get the ball to start the 2nd half. We can do this. The WOF induction for Phil Hansen got a bunch of fans back into it. And then we went nuts, a lot of my section in the tunnel end zone were standing up for the whole 2nd half. I remember getting worried at the end when the Bills had 4th and 1, but went Nelson caught the TD...I was jumping up and down going crazy. All of us were screaming our lungs out, jumping up and high fiving and even hugging eachother. It was awesome!

The end was nerve wrecking, especially when were celebrating in the end zone and noticed the refs came back out to review the last play. But I kept saying, there's no way the refs will leave the city of Buffalo alive if they overturn that! And then they announced it was an interception....the few of us left were applauding the refs as they left the field.

Oh and one more thing, I still don't have my voice back. It's completely gone! I sound like a dying chipmunk when I talk right now.

Bone
09-19-2011, 06:22 PM
My experience, a few friends and I sat in sec 119 row 34. I got too drunk and don't remember anything other than throwing up at halftime in the bathroom but good thing I sobered up for the second half because the Ralph was the loudest I remember since the Monday night game against Dallas. I didn't realize how easy it was to buy beer being underage (we're only 18-20) I have never high fived so many bills fans and my palms are bruised from slapping the chairs. It was nice to see some Fitz and Jackson jerseys for once too.

Cntrygal
09-20-2011, 07:59 AM
I've only been to a hald dozen games or so (most of 'em openers), and I think this was the loudest for the longest period of time I've seen the stadium. It was WILD!!! So wild in fact, after one of the scores....

S11 tackled me.

better days
09-20-2011, 08:12 AM
Oh, I did forget one thing. Getting back to the parking lot, I heard this guy constantly whining about how he's done with the Raiders and that the Bills didn't deserve this win, that we did nothing (5 TDs in one half is nothing?) to deserve this win, etc.

A pitiful, probably half drunk, guy in his 20s sat in the middle of the road within the parking lot and whined about the game. It actually made me laugh to hear his whining. When the Bills lose, I'd like to think most of us acknowledge we are not good enough or give props to the other team. This guy had no class at all and just cried about the loss in the middle of the parking lot like a baby.

But that was the extent to which I saw Raiders reacting. Like I said, there weren't as many as I expected (probably b'cse it's the home opener for the Bills) and even the ones that were around minimally talked crap - mostly before the game. One guy in the endzone talked a little smack when they went up 21-3. In the 2nd half, I didn't even see his face anymore.

I wonder where the Raiders fans live. They must be Canadians right? I can't see people from Oakland coming all the way to Buffalo for a game.

Cntrygal
09-20-2011, 08:15 AM
I wonder where the Raiders fans live. They must be Canadians right? I can't see people from Oakland coming all the way to Buffalo for a game.

I saw 3 raiders fans at the Buffalo airport yesterday and while they were talking (they weren't travelling together) I gathered that they were from different parts of California. One guy was saying that he goes to almost all of their games, home and away.

mysticsoto
09-20-2011, 08:47 AM

My best friend's brother in law lives local and he's a big time Raider fan. Surprisingly, he didn't go to the game. He said, the last time he went, he ended up in jail - a fight broke out and he had nothing to do with it, but was caught in all the commotion and taken away also...