• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

How to beat the Pats?

Believe it or not, even with The Brady Bunch lighting up the scoreboard like they were playing Madden (on easy mode against the AI), this upcoming game will offer the Bills their best opportunity in years to beat them.

Why? Because we can score the ball. We seem to have balance on offense. The best QB we've had since that hof'er guy, the best RB we've had since that other hof'er guy, the best set of WR's since Moulds/PP, the best OL since the SB era, and an offensive play caller who knows wtf he's doing.

This O will be able to score on most teams, and score in bunches. The Pasties D will be no exception. As a matter of fact I think the Raiders have a better overall D right now, and we dropped 38 on them.

The Pasties DL hasn't been able to generate adequate pressure, and their Secondary is a trainwreck. Sound familiar?

So both teams have similar defensive issues. Therefore we're both going to be scoring A LOT. Therefore it's going to come down to pressuring Brady with the Blitz early, and often. We're not going to be able to get to him without blitzing, their OL has looked good...allowing him at times 7 seconds? 7 seconds! We all know the result of giving Marcia that kind of time.

So it's as simple as that. Pressure Brady EARLY with the blitz. This is why the Jests give the Pasties so many problems. Because Ryan uses defenses that Brady can't instantly recognize and then dissect.

That's the only way, we can't worry about Brady burning the blitz because he's going to score regardless if we don't. We just have to slow him down a little. So send the heat ,disguise it if you can and hope for the best.

Bills 45-38
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: How to beat the Pats?

I worry about dirty Wilfork. If Fitz gets hurt, our season is over with Thigpen.

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

With both offenses moving the ball at a high rate I think if the Bills can win the turnover battle they have a good chance at winning.

Comment

• imbondz
        Democrats are people too
        • Jan 2003

Out of all the coaches we've ever had since i've been alive, I would trust Marv Levy to come up with a winning gameplan, and Chan Gailey.
        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
          • Apr 2005

Control the clock and don't get into predictable situations.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by imbondz
            Out of all the coaches we've ever had since i've been alive, I would trust Marv Levy to come up with a winning gameplan, and Chan Gailey.
            Marv had better personnel across the board. Chan is getting the best out of what he has to work with. Let's hope Chan can chalk up some Levy type stats ! So far ,so good !

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mad Max
              Believe it or not, even with The Brady Bunch lighting up the scoreboard like they were playing Madden (on easy mode against the AI), this upcoming game will offer the Bills their best opportunity in years to beat them.

Why? Because we can score the ball. We seem to have balance on offense. The best QB we've had since that hof'er guy, the best RB we've had since that other hof'er guy, the best set of WR's since Moulds/PP, the best OL since the SB era, and an offensive play caller who knows wtf he's doing.

This O will be able to score on most teams, and score in bunches. The Pasties D will be no exception. As a matter of fact I think the Raiders have a better overall D right now, and we dropped 38 on them.

The Pasties DL hasn't been able to generate adequate pressure, and their Secondary is a trainwreck. Sound familiar?

So both teams have similar defensive issues. Therefore we're both going to be scoring A LOT. Therefore it's going to come down to pressuring Brady with the Blitz early, and often. We're not going to be able to get to him without blitzing, their OL has looked good...allowing him at times 7 seconds? 7 seconds! We all know the result of giving Marcia that kind of time.

So it's as simple as that. Pressure Brady EARLY with the blitz. This is why the Jests give the Pasties so many problems. Because Ryan uses defenses that Brady can't instantly recognize and then dissect.

That's the only way, we can't worry about Brady burning the blitz because he's going to score regardless if we don't. We just have to slow him down a little. So send the heat ,disguise it if you can and hope for the best.

Bills 45-38
              Totally agree. I posted in another thread that the Raider defense was better than the Pats* & the Raiders are a BIGGER & FASTER team than the Pats*.

The Pats* do have Brady & the Refs which the Bills will have to overcome. Does anyone think Brady gets 7 seconds in the pocket if the refs EVER called holding on them? The only time that happens is when the Pats* don't make the 3rd down conversion which is rare.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                Will not tolerate vandalism.
                • Apr 2006

It all depends on if the refs play fair.

Comment

• Mad Max
                  Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by sdbillsfan2
                  Control the clock and don't get into predictable situations.
                  Absolutely, I used "elementary" so I could only list the main tactic within the overall strategy.

But of course you're right, if we can run the ball to chew clock (which we should be able to with relative ease) and then score touchdowns at the end of drives on O, and put pressure on Brady on D, we got a great shot at a win.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                    It all depends on if the refs play fair.
                    They NEVER DO when the Pats* are involved.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

pats have made the last two teams pay for turnovers. and they arent' exactly killing those teams. they are cleaning it all up in the second half of the games like good teams do.

The bills haven't really made a lot of turnover thus far, and will need to make that a key to the game. hold onto the ball.

Luckily with Spiller running so well, i think they are going to put spiller and Jackson onto the field a bunch and by some time.

and i really hope the bills chose not to blitz campbell this weak because they didn't want film available to the patriots. It would be awesome if they threw the kitchen sink at this guy and just nailed him over and over agagin. I think we all need to see a lights out dance very soon at the Ralph.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

how to beat the pats?

Play samba music (compliments of FlyingDutchman)

Tom Brady went down to Carnival 2011 in Brazil and brought his dancing shoes...and his pony tail. Here he is cutting a rug with Copacabana dubbed over.
                        Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-19-2011, 01:49 PM.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

The Jets rarely blitz Brady. The key for them is getting pressure without blitzing by disguise. In the playoffs last year they actually played coverage a ton, dropping 8 a lot of the time.

If you are going to pressure, it should be up this middle. This is especially true now with Dan Koppen out. Teams are going to test Dan Connolly. This is one matchup that is a big advantage for Buffalo, who lines Kyle Williams up over C.
                          Last edited by Ickybaluky; 09-19-2011, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Mad Max
                            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
                            The Jets rarely blitz Brady. The key for them is getting pressure without blitzing by disguise. In the playoffs last year they actually played coverage a ton, dropping 8 a lot of the time.

If you are going to pressure, it should be up this middle. This is especially true now with Dan Koppen out. Teams are going to test Dan Connolly. This is one matchup that is a big advantage for Buffalo, who lines Kyle Williams up over C.
                            I said we (the Bills) should create pressure with the blitz , I didn't say anything about the Jests blitzing I said this about the jests "Because Ryan uses defenses that Brady can't instantly recognize and then dissect".

We don't have a defensive strategist like Ryan to come up with his "exotic" tactics so we're going to have to bring pressure to bear on Brady the old fashioned way...by blitzing.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ickybaluky

Well like I said before, the Refs RARELY call holding on the Pats* In the Miami game a Pat* held Wake by the arm & was not called for holding which resulted in a big play for the Pats.

A MAKESHIFT line & Brady throws for over 500 yds. Please. If holding were called in that game as it should have been that would never have happened.

I agree PRESSURE needs to come up the middle, but I think that extra rushers are needed as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X