X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr_kotter
    • Mar 2011

Are you people daft? Don't blitz Brady

I keep seeing posts saying the way to beat Brady is to blitz and pressure him. They are driving me crazy. No, no no no no, do NOT blitz Tom Brady!

Grantland just did an article on how Brady is a "blitz beater".

Tom Brady is known as a short yardage passer. His bread and butter is the screen pass and short slants. Do you know what those plays do? Those plays counter the blitz. Tom Brady is tops in the league at killing you when you blitz.

That 99 yard Brady to Welker TD last week, yes you guessed it: blitz.

Have any of you watched the games where the Jets beat the Pats? They Jets did exactly the opposite to win that game: they did NOT blitz.

Watch a few plays with a four man rush
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If you blitz, especially a 6 man rush, Tom Brady will eat you alive.

Had to get that off my chest, thanks.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Are you people daft? Don't blitz Brady

Welcome back Kotter.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

People may respond by pointing to the Super Bowl loss, but the killer element of that Pats team was going deep to Moss. Not so now.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• bosshogg21
        • Aug 2007

You need to get pressure by just using your front 4 which we haven't been doing. The giants were able to achieve it inthe sb.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

That's right, give him all day to throw. Don't blitz him, make our secondary and linebackers guess where the receivers are going so that Brady can make his reads, lead his receivers, et cetera. There's no beating Brady, you can only beat the other 21 players on the field.
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

If you do not put pressure on Brady he'll pick you apart..

yeah he is also good at the short stuff, but you don't put up 900 yds passing in 2 games dinking and dunking

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

Pressure up the gut is the key.
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• mr_kotter
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by ServoBillieves
                That's right, give him all day to throw. Don't blitz him, make our secondary and linebackers guess where the receivers are going so that Brady can make his reads, lead his receivers, et cetera. There's no beating Brady, you can only beat the other 21 players on the field.
                I don't care what you do. Just don't make posts telling me that the Bills should to blitz to win this game.

Comment

• JoeMama
                  Emotion Sickness
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                  People may respond by pointing to the Super Bowl loss, but the killer element of that Pats team was going deep to Moss. Not so now.
                  I'll point out the Super Bowl loss. The reason the G-Men had success against Brady is because their front four were good enough to pressure Brady without resorting to the blitz.

Brady's a brilliant QB and he'll beat the blitz almost every time. Honestly, it would just help if he has an off day.
                  Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

you have to blitz him and play man coverage. that is how teams beat the pats. the jets and giants in the super bowl to name 2. you get pass rush (it doesnt have to be sacks it just has to be consistant pressure) and put in on your DB's. now are our DB's good enough to win the matchups? thats the question. if we are physical and get a turnover or 2 it could make for an interesting game.

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

Watch the Giants Super Bowl. It all came up the middle.
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• mr_kotter
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Crapface2000
                        Maybe some more 4 man fronts with Williams and Dareus crashing through in the middle?

I wouldn't say don't blitz completely though. I'm not advocating jailbreak blitzes or anything like that, but I think we're going to need to bring a 5th guy on occasion, rotating who that is and being creative with it, because I'm not sold on 4 being up to the task by themselves.....................
                        Sounds reasonable. Also I think you have to keep a keen eye on screen passes. Pats love screen passes, and get really good yardage from them. (I know this from the pain of watching 100's of them work)

Comment

• Bone
                          Bone
                          • Oct 2006

I don't care what we do as long as we put him on his ass a few times
                          BILLIEVE

Comment

• mikemac2001
                            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                            • Mar 2003

U have to pressure him but the gsmeplan can't be.focused.on the blitz

You need different coverages.and.schemes.but what u really need.most is pressure.from front four

MUCK
                            FIAMI

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                              Will not tolerate vandalism.
                              • Apr 2006

In a 3-4, that affords you one extra man that can blitz. Williams and Dareus aren't the type that make a lot of sacks. Having a little support from someone like Merriman will be effective as long as the insides and at least one of the two outsides stays home and covers, which this team has done very well.

Comment

Working...
                              X