X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Week 2: the good, the bad, & the ugly

Great come from behind win. Here's this week "the good, the bad, & the ugly"

the good
    Once again the offense looked great, they looked unstoppable. In fact in the second half they scored a TD on every single possession & ended the week as the 2nd scoring offense in the NFL. The offense looks great & the 'no names' are on their way to becoming the 'big names'. I like how Ftz & Jackson ave helped escalate everyone else's play & their own.

the bad
    It took a 21-3 deficit to wake this team up. We barely got away with it vs the Raiders, we won't be so lucky vs a better team!

the ugly
    The defense is pitiful. They had to get lucky vs a one dimensional Raiders offense. They even made Campbell look like the next great QB. I don't know how we will be competitive vs better teams. The secondary is worthless, LB are ok, DT are good, DE need to get more pressure, & again the secondary is awful! Didn't we think we would have the best secondary in the league a few years ago? Another an example of why you should not count your chicks before they hatch.

Anyways, the Bills D can only do 1 thing here, there is one possible solution: play ultra aggressive bend but don't break defense. Pick ur spots, have exotic confusing blitzes, & try to force errors. And if you give up yards, give up FGs instead of TDs.

overall
    This team will live & die by their Lines & Defense. We know the offense can score in bunches when they play well, but can the defense stop anybody? Well at least anybody good.
    Please Make Sense
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Week 2: the good, the bad, & the ugly

Who would've thought that pass defense would be the team's apparent weakness after 2 weeks?

Comment

• Jeff1220
      H to the 12:20
      • Jul 2002

As bad as the pass D was, I have to hand it to Campbell and Moore. They both played great games. I've never thought Campbell was as bad as everyone says and he really played well, and with accuracy, against the Bills. And Moore really looks like he will be a stud. That guy can really go up in the air to get a ball.

Comment

• Mike
        • Jan 2009

Fitzpatrick > Campbell
        Please Make Sense

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
          Who would've thought that pass defense would be the team's apparent weakness after 2 weeks?
          I called in in preseason . We only looked good last year because teams were running at us all day.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

You kiddin' me?

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

It will be interesting to see how George Edwards adjusts the D over the next couple of games.

Playing Bryan Scott as an extra in the box S/LB was brilliant against KC.. but this past weekend was void of answers.

How much influence will Wanny have, from his perch in the coaches box ? Where is the pass rush, to mask many blemishes in the secondary ?

O is completly clicking.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

I wouldn't go as far as saying the D was pitiful. Maybe the passing game but the run D made adjustments in the 2nd half and McFadden didn't score. Don't think they were trying to rush either ,just contain.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• GreedoII
                  • Aug 2007

Scott should be keying in on Gronkowski this week. Hopefully he holds up.

Comment

Working...
                  X