PDA

View Full Version : is roscoe done as a bill?

trapezeus
09-20-2011, 08:43 AM
with two TE's playing well, Roscoe's need in the middle is even less needed. Do you think that was the last of Roscoe Parrish as a bill? Does he have more years on his contract? curious.

psubills62
09-20-2011, 08:49 AM
This is the last year on his contract. There were rumors the Bills were talking extension. Honestly, they may still extend him, but I'd expect fairly low numbers and playing time incentives if they did.

Right now I expect him to find another home next year. The Bills seem pretty confident in their ability to find receivers either late in the draft or as UDFA's.

Bulldog
09-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Screw extending him. He can't stay healthy. I expect him to be placed on IR today. Who takes his spot on the roster?

mrbojanglezs
09-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Sign Donnie Avery. Put Roscoe on IR
cut Martin bring up Aiken or Roosevelt

mrbojanglezs
09-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Do u have a link where it says he is IRed you said Blo news is reporting it. I haven't heard that

Johnny Bugmenot
09-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Not IR'd yet, but...

Parrish's ankle injury may have ended his season
by Jay Skurski

The hard luck of Roscoe Parrish continues.

The Buffalo Bills' diminutive wide receiver is dealing with a left ankle injury suffered in Sunday's 38-35 victory over the Oakland Raiders.

Bills coach Chan Gailey said Monday the injury is "more long term than short term, unfortunately."

Gailey said Parrish would undergo more tests later this week to determine the exact severity of the injury, but there's a distinct possibility it's season ending.

The Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article563310.ece)

alnilla
09-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Take it for what its worth but rotoworld says he will probably be put on IR.

bf1
09-20-2011, 09:07 AM
I liked him for his potential, but he never materialized.

ChristopherWalken
09-20-2011, 09:36 AM
I loved him as an above average punt returner but he was always a mediocre WR with below average resiliency.

Time to part ways.

Das_Bills
09-20-2011, 09:43 AM
I have been thinking about this also. I think he is done as a bill because he is getting hurt way to much and becoming a liability to keep him.

Night Train
09-20-2011, 09:43 AM
He's on the decades All-Whirlpool team.

Congrats Roscoe.

Oaf
09-20-2011, 09:48 AM
No new news here, wait till Thurs or so when the tests get back.

BertSquirtgum
09-20-2011, 10:41 AM
time to cut ties with this waste product. he is way too small for the nfl.

Crisis
09-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Hopefully Ruvell Martin is gone too... I'd much rather have Aiken+Roosevelt on the roster than Parrish+Martin

Meathead
09-20-2011, 10:59 AM
put a little tiny appetizer fork in 'em, roscoe is done as a bill

Historian
09-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Bring back Roosevelt.

Homegrown
09-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Bring back James Hardy ... wait!! ..what???

DraftBoy
09-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Sign Donnie Avery. Put Roscoe on IR
cut Martin bring up Aiken or Roosevelt

You don't cut Martin, he offers too much in terms of ST ability.

Crisis
09-20-2011, 11:11 AM
You don't cut Martin, he offers too much in terms of ST ability.

Isn't he the one who blew his assignment on the blocked fg?

alohabillsfan
09-20-2011, 11:33 AM

Yes he was.

He will be missed as a punt returner.

DraftBoy
09-20-2011, 01:39 PM

Don't recall. Could be, his blocking is not why he's on the team. He is considered to be a top level kickoff coverage man.

Neither Aiken or Roosevelt can fill that role.

Jay Skurski wrote about him being a good ST player when he was signed.

TigerJ
09-20-2011, 01:43 PM
Being IRed in a contract year does not bode well for him continuing as a Bill. I would not be surprised if he's done, but it will depend on what the disparity is between what the Bills think he's worth and what his agent thinks he's worth. I'd say the odds are he's gone.

Jan Reimers
09-20-2011, 02:13 PM
If the Bills can dump Lee Evans like yesterday's garbage, they should certainly be able to part with Parrish, who is barely 10% of the player Lee was.

X-Era
09-20-2011, 02:15 PM
I'd be fine if they let him walk and replaced him from the draft or with a guy like Eddie Royal.

psubills62
09-20-2011, 02:16 PM
https://twitter.com/espn_afceast/status/116222651206336512

Reportedly done for the season.

I don't know what the guy did, but it didn't look that bad. I think Roscoe would find a way to get injured using a cotton ball.

Bill Cody
09-20-2011, 02:20 PM
I'd be fine if they let him walk

He can't walk. Bad ankle. Try to keep up.

TheBrownBear
09-20-2011, 02:26 PM

That was David Martin who missed the block, not Ruvell Martin. Ruvell Martin was the guy that kept dropping the short slants.

Mad Bomber
09-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Roscoe was a great punt returner, but he is more fragile than a porcelain doll. Couldn't stay healthy. As much as I loved the guy, we need someone who can actually stay healthy and be a consistent contributor on the team.

jimbohastle51
09-20-2011, 02:39 PM
if roosevelt has the season we know he can then i believe so. not only is he cheaper but he has great hands can return punts and kicks as roscoe did and is bigger and has time in the system. looks like roosevelt and nelson will be the inside guys in the 4 and 5 wide sets.

X-Era
09-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Eddie Royal s a UFA after this year, returns punts, kicks, and can be a real play maker. I'd try to sign a guy like that after the season

http://www.nfl.com/player/eddieroyal/1990/profile

Bill Cody
09-20-2011, 03:25 PM
If the Bills can dump Lee Evans like yesterday's garbage, they should certainly be able to part with Parrish, who is barely 10% of the player Lee was.

Yesterday's garbage has a bad ankle too in case you're scoring at home.

Billsfan3
09-20-2011, 03:46 PM
yes roscoe is reportedly out for season

CAbills
09-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Eddie Royal s a UFA after this year, returns punts, kicks, and can be a real play maker. I'd try to sign a guy like that after the season

http://www.nfl.com/player/eddieroyal/1990/profile

Eddie Royal is exactly like Roscoe ALWAYS hurt. Hes already missing games as well.

X-Era
09-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Eddie Royal is exactly like Roscoe ALWAYS hurt. Hes already missing games as well.Royal is much less injured than Parrish. He had hip surgery in the off-season and is currently injured. Parrish is constantly injured every year.

better days
09-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Yesterday's garbage has a bad ankle too in case you're scoring at home.

Well if Evans were garbage, I DOUBT the Ravens would continue to play him despite his BAD ANKLE.

Philagape
09-20-2011, 04:12 PM

Parrish was more productive in this offense, as shown last year.

That said, the Bills scored five straight TDs in a half without either of them, so they're both yesterday's garbage.

TacklingDummy
09-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Sign TO

YardRat
09-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Don't recall. Could be, his blocking is not why he's on the team. He is considered to be a top level kickoff coverage man.

Neither Aiken or Roosevelt can fill that role.

Jay Skurski wrote about him being a good ST player when he was signed.

You keep repeating that, but I have yet to see it...plus he's liability in the passing game. I'd also cut Martin and elevate Aiken.

Roscoe is done...I'm tired of paying somebody to recover for half of his career. Welcome to the NFL, hopefully for a longer stay, Naaman Roosevelt.

CAbills
09-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Royal is much less injured than Parrish. He had hip surgery in the off-season and is currently injured. Parrish is constantly injured every year.

He has played 4 less years? He is well on the Parrish pace, I dont want a younger injury prone receiver.

X-Era
09-20-2011, 05:01 PM
He has played 4 less years? He is well on the Parrish pace, I dont want a younger injury prone receiver.OK. Let's move on to the draft then. I think a mid-round pick for a guy like Marquis Maze, or Chris Rainey may be a good move. Possibly T.Y. Hilton from Florida International. Each can return, looks like a possible slot option and has speed.

Crisis
09-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Isn't Chris Rainey just an even smaller Spiller?

X-Era
09-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Isn't Chris Rainey just an even smaller Spiller?Plays both WR and RB at times in their spread, plus is a fairly gifted returner. I'd say more like McCluster than Spiller. He's more of a gadget guy than RB even though he's listed as a RB. Spiller was a solid RB at Clemson.

But, if you want a more established receiver Maze is the better option.

jimbohastle51
09-20-2011, 05:57 PM
you all have to take into account how are receivers that are currently on the roster have been acquired. its obvious as it was in SD, that Nix is not going to draft a receiver with a high pick. if roosevelt plays well he will get the spot i am sure especially with how affordable he is. if they choose to go another route your looking at another ruvell martin type receiver being brought in. i really believe that naaman has a spot on this team if he plays like he did in the preseason. in this offense its run after the catch not big vertical plays. it fits what he is best at perfectly. he is a greg jennings type receiver, a YAC type of guy. after he makes a catch his return skills come in play. the guy makes the first tackler miss and always will get a yard or 2 extra.