• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Zone exclusive: OpIv - (Re)view from the mountains

Disclaimer: I watched the game on my phone from the top of a mountain in Colorado. While I absolutely love the fact that I was able to do that, it does lend itself to a few problems. First, I couldn't see the game with the benefit of HD and DVR like I usually do, so I may have missed some things. Second, I missed a good portion of the 3rd quarter and random other plays throughout the game because connectivity in rural Colorado isn't quite what I've come to expect in the city and immediate suburbs.
    So, here goes:

-After a slow start, Fitz came through in the second half.

-I don't know what to make of the OL. At times they looked great, at other times they looked awful. Overall, though, the offense has 79 points in 2 games so they must be doing something right.

-Fred Jackson- wow. He leads the league in rushing. Never saw that coming.

-CJ Spiller- meh. He had his moments but I still have my doubts

-Hopefully the injury to Steve Johnson isn't serious because he is really starting to step up.

-Chandler didn't have the monster game he had against KC but he came through when it counted.

Full article
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Re: Zone exclusive: OpIv - (Re)view from the mountains

The slopes in Colorado haven't opened yet.... have they? DAMN!
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by northernbillfan
      Disclaimer: I watched the game on my phone from the top of a mountain in Colorado. While I absolutely love the fact that I was able to do that, it does lend itself to a few problems. First, I couldn't see the game with the benefit of HD and DVR like I usually do, so I may have missed some things. Second, I missed a good portion of the 3rd quarter and random other plays throughout the game because connectivity in rural Colorado isn't quite what I've come to expect in the city and immediate suburbs.
      So, here goes:

-After a slow start, Fitz came through in the second half.

-I don't know what to make of the OL. At times they looked great, at other times they looked awful. Overall, though, the offense has 79 points in 2 games so they must be doing something right.

-Fred Jackson- wow. He leads the league in rushing. Never saw that coming.

-CJ Spiller- meh. He had his moments but I still have my doubts

-Hopefully the injury to Steve Johnson isn't serious because he is really starting to step up.

-Chandler didn't have the monster game he had against KC but he came through when it counted.

Full article
      You NEED an IPAD if you are going to travel. My wife wanted one & we bought the IPAD 1 on sale when the new model came out. It is pretty sweet. You could have actually seen the game on that.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Disclaimer : This Mountain Goat just married my leg.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

spiller had a good game, i thought. he did what is asked of him. he's the change of pace back. and if you look at the rest of the first round, there isn't really a guy we missed on by taking spiller. i'm willing to give spiller more time.

chandler was making catches elsewhere and in combo with nelson is hard for a team to key in on.

i actually really think the bills have a shot with this pats game. it requires no stupid mistakes, no turnovers, and just getting into a shootout.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal
            The slopes in Colorado haven't opened yet.... have they? DAMN!
            no, we were too early. There is some snow but only in the really high elevations (above 12000 feet or so).
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days
              You NEED an IPAD if you are going to travel. My wife wanted one & we bought the IPAD 1 on sale when the new model came out. It is pretty sweet. You could have actually seen the game on that.
              It wouldn't have helped me because I'm too cheap to pay for the 3G on an iPad when I already have it on my phone, and there was no wireless where we were.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Cntrygal
                Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                no, we were too early. There is some snow but only in the really high elevations (above 12000 feet or so).

Next time plan it so we can visit!
                Originally posted by notacon
                The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                  • Sep 2003

Opi = weathervane. Thanks for telling us which way the wind is blowing right now.

PTR
                  10 Commandments of the D
                  1. Never stop Rocking.
                  2. Legalize all drugs.
                  3. Quit your day job.
                  4. All Religion should be taxed.
                  5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                  6. F**k her gently.
                  7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                  8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                  9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                  10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

It wouldn't have helped me because I'm too cheap to pay for the 3G on an iPad when I already have it on my phone, and there was no wireless where we were.
                    And the I-Pad 1 doesn't have 3-G
                    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                      Opi = weathervane. Thanks for telling us which way the wind is blowing right now.

PTR
                      Well, I told you... it's a little hard to come up with anything too insightful when watching the game on an iPhone.

NFLN is replaying the game on Wednesday so I might post some additional comments once I get to re-watch it with the benefit of a 50" HD screen and DVR.

EDIT: the replay is on WEDNESDAY, not Thurs. Sorry for the confusion.
                      Last edited by OpIv37; 09-20-2011, 09:26 PM.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                        And the I-Pad 1 doesn't have 3-G
                        Yeah ours doesn't. WiFi is everywhere down here in S.W. Fla anyway.......like Bills bars. I thought 3G was an option we could get though I don't remember.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Well, I told you... it's a little hard to come up with anything too insightful when watching the game on an iPhone.

NFLN is replaying the game on Thursday so I might post some additional comments once I get to re-watch it with the benefit of a 50" HD screen and DVR.
                          The game will be replayed on WEDNESDAY @ 8PM on NFL Network followed by Soundfx @9:30 with Fitz miked up.

Comment

• Oaf
                            Do you read what you write?
                            • Jun 2007

Does anyone know of NFL network STREAMS? Please PM me

Comment

• Dujek
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Jan 2008

That's why you should go Android. Tether an Android tablet to an Android phone, and use the phone's 3G connection. Just one more reason that Android > Apple.

Comment

Working...
                              X