PDA

View Full Version : Stevie 'Thug Hit' Johnson

SaviorEdwards
09-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Are you guys ok with his hit on Berry or was it over the top? :afro:

Heard Jim Rome talking about it today with him.

ajgoff1286
09-20-2011, 02:25 PM
go **** off back to the Raiders boards

SeatownBillsFan21
09-20-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm good with it. Was it dirty maybe. was it the play Berry got injured on? I think not so all is good IMO

Mad Bomber
09-20-2011, 02:28 PM
At the speed that the NFL game goes, I don't have a problem with it. You don't think, you react. I don't think for a second that he planned to take this guy out.

OpIv37
09-20-2011, 02:33 PM
It's the kind of hit the NFL should try to prevent, and I'm surprised Stevie didn't get fined or at least flagged.

But I don't think it was a "thug hit." Stevie was just trying to make a block and got a little too excited. Don't get me wrong- all players have to play under control and he's still responsible for his actions. I'm just saying there's a big difference between a momentary lapse in control/judgment and a "thug hit." There are lots of players who are generally classy, controlled players that occasionally get flagged for a late hit or bad block.

Bill Cody
09-20-2011, 02:34 PM
ha ha you thank you own post? whatever

and why ask the question when you make Johnson's middle name 'Thug Hit'?

how bout dem Buckeyes?

SaviorEdwards
09-20-2011, 02:37 PM
ha ha you thank you own post? whatever

and why ask the question when you make Johnson's middle name 'Thug Hit'?

how bout dem Buckeyes?

Thread is open to debate from all sides...and they are one step closer to Urban Meyer (his dream job) :air:

jamze132
09-20-2011, 03:06 PM
I don't think for one second Stevie was trying to injure Berry. It's a natural instinct to make a block like he did because it ****ing works. Is it safe? Hell no and I don't think it should be legal, but it currently is and until the rules change, it will continue to happen every game in the NFL.

better days
09-20-2011, 03:09 PM

Are you asking everyone, or just the "Suckers" that went to the Home opener?

Ickybaluky
09-20-2011, 03:11 PM
1) It wasn't illegal. I know defenders don't like it, but it wasn't illegal.

2) I doubt he was trying to hurt anyone, he was just trying to make a block. Guys get hurt, it is part of the game.

3) Hines Ward makes blocks like that all the time and everyone loves the guy. Maybe this will get Johnson on DWTS.

Seriously, what a dumb debate. It was a football play. End of story.

justasportsfan
09-20-2011, 03:12 PM
It's the kind of hit the NFL should try to prevent, and I'm surprised Stevie didn't get fined or at least flagged.

why would they? It was legal. THe NFL would have to fine itself first .

trapezeus
09-20-2011, 03:13 PM
all the chiefs fans seem to be making a big deal of it, but oddly enough, Berry himself hasn't said crap about it being a bad hit. i'd think he'd be emotionally charged to say something.

streetkings01
09-20-2011, 03:21 PM
That hit was so last week

BillsWin
09-20-2011, 03:56 PM

Welcome back. Don't let the door hit you on the way back out. :refuse:

zone
09-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Legal hit and Steve Johnson is far from a thug.

This thread rivals your one about the home opener for worst thread of the year.

alohabillsfan
09-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Thread is open to debate from all sides...and they are one step closer to Urban Meyer (his dream job) :air:

ROFLMAO, Urban and the Buckeyes? You really think he would want to take one of those slow big ten teams against the best the SEc has to offer? And ruin his reputation? He would be an idiot (unless its strictly for the money). cuz he aint beaten no SEC team.

Tatonka
09-20-2011, 06:52 PM
i dont know that i even saw the hit.

Crisis
09-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Chief fans are pretty butt hurt about it still.

YardRat
09-20-2011, 07:04 PM
**** like that happens all of the time, and it only gets noticed when somebody gets hurt or retaliates. Still, it is a dangerous block, and the league should look into changing the rules...a helluva lot more guys get hurt and/or lose their career to knee and leg injuries than anything else.

Philagape
09-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Stevie showed Berry a little magic trick and made his knee disappear.

Extremebillsfan247
09-21-2011, 05:51 AM
Has Stevie Johnson been fined yet? it's because the block was legal. Berry knew the risks to bodily injury the moment he walked on that field on Sept. 11th. They all do, which is why they get paid millions. This isn't flag football.

Stewie
09-21-2011, 07:44 AM

But I don't think it was a "thug hit." Stevie was just trying to make a block and got a little too excited. Don't get me wrong- all players have to play under control and he's still responsible for his actions. I'm just saying there's a big difference between a momentary lapse in control/judgment and a "thug hit." There are lots of players who are generally classy, controlled players that occasionally get flagged for a late hit or bad block.

Um, the reason he didn't get fined or flagged was because it was a legal hit.

TigerJ
09-21-2011, 07:44 AM
In my opinion all the debate should be about the rules that allow that kind of hit. If it's legal, you can't condemn a player for doing it.