• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Roscoe Gone - Give Spiller His Plays In The Slot

He proved without a doubt at Clemson he could line up wide or go in motion to catch the ball.

Keep Fred at RB and get your most explosive player the ball. I want this guy getting far more touches and here's the opening to do so. Watch the D worry about him, like they did on the Nelson TD to win the game.

Then watch him get the ball in space and turn 6 yards into 60.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Roscoe Gone - Give Spiller His Plays In The Slot

4 rushes for 64 yards or something like that on Sunday. Give him the damn ball more. Doesn't necessarily have to take away from Jackson, but he needs a chance to develop. I think he will be like a McFadden. Three years before he develops fully, but he'll be a force.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• zone
      No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
      • Oct 2003

It's nice we have the luxury to save his legs and let him develop. Shelf life for RB's is not very long and the more years we can keep him fresh while Jackson is still one of the best backs in the league the better for us.
      www.blzbus.com

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Night Train
        He proved without a doubt at Clemson he could line up wide or go in motion to catch the ball.

Keep Fred at RB and get your most explosive player the ball. I want this guy getting far more touches and here's the opening to do so. Watch the D worry about him, like they did on the Nelson TD to win the game.

Then watch him get the ball in space and turn 6 yards into 60.
        I just read an article on profootballtalk.com that said that was the plan. Spiller will take Roscoes place in the slot.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by better days
          I just read an article on profootballtalk.com that said that was the plan. Spiller will take Roscoes place in the slot.
          Excellent
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• kishoph
            • Jun 2003

It's going to be pretty hard covering CJ with a S or a LB, I like the move, but I wouldn't exclude him from the backfield.

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
              • Dec 2002

I'm not opposed to the idea but I think Brad Smith is better suited to fill this role. Brad Smith is making a hell of a lot of money to just run the Wildcat O. Hit this guy on a slant from the slot and sit back and watch him work.
              Last edited by ChristopherWalken; 09-21-2011, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

The only concern I have with this is that Spiller is not a very accomplished route runner (not that Roscoe was either), but on quick slants, bubble screens, and even fade patterns I like it, but on more technical routes (dig, double move, WR option) where he has to get percise depth or angles I do have some reservations.

Overall Im excited he's getting more PT, but I do think there will be some falloff at least at first.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• zone
                  No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by ChristopherWalken
                  I'm not opposed to the idea but I think Brad Smith is better suited to fill this role. Brad Smith is making a hell of a lot of money to just run the Wildcat O. Hit this guy on a slant from the slot and sit back and watch him work.
                  Brad Smith is worth every single penny. The value of him keeping drives alive like he has is worth it's weight in gold.
                  www.blzbus.com

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by zone
                    Brad Smith is worth every single penny. The value of him keeping drives alive like he has is worth it's weight in gold.
                    And he is a returner. I am sure he will see time as wr as well.

Comment

• wmoz11
                      • Sep 2008

With Bills wideout Roscoe Parrish lost for the season, running back C.J. Spiller is expected to be used more and more as a receiver, per a source with knowledge of the situation.

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by zone

Never said he wasn't. My point is that the Bills can get more out of him.

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

I definitely think Spiller deserves to be on the field more, whether as receiver, runner, etc. Use him like DB indicated - bubble screens, slants, etc. Also use him as a decoy. Maybe fake a quick bubble screen, then send someone else on a go route and send it deep to them.

It's obvious Buffalo has been trying to change the offense by giving it an element of versatility. The two biggest signings and drafted players on offense have been Brad Smith and CJ Spiller. What do they bring to the table? Versatility and just plain old-fashioned talent.
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Let's not forget that Spiller's breakout game last year came against NE. That said I'm guessing Belichek is going to his best to take Fred Jackson out of the game and we can hope that Spiller steps up and kills them. Of course I'm worried about Haynesworth and Wilfolk in the middle against the middle of our O-line that our running game won't thrive regardless of who's running the ball.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

we'll need Spiller, Freddie, Smith and White in the backfield if we are to keep Brady off the field.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X