PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe Gone - Give Spiller His Plays In The Slot

Night Train
09-20-2011, 07:16 PM
He proved without a doubt at Clemson he could line up wide or go in motion to catch the ball.

Keep Fred at RB and get your most explosive player the ball. I want this guy getting far more touches and here's the opening to do so. Watch the D worry about him, like they did on the Nelson TD to win the game.

Then watch him get the ball in space and turn 6 yards into 60.

BillsWin
09-20-2011, 07:20 PM
4 rushes for 64 yards or something like that on Sunday. Give him the damn ball more. Doesn't necessarily have to take away from Jackson, but he needs a chance to develop. I think he will be like a McFadden. Three years before he develops fully, but he'll be a force.

zone
09-20-2011, 07:39 PM
It's nice we have the luxury to save his legs and let him develop. Shelf life for RB's is not very long and the more years we can keep him fresh while Jackson is still one of the best backs in the league the better for us.

better days
09-20-2011, 11:50 PM
He proved without a doubt at Clemson he could line up wide or go in motion to catch the ball.

Keep Fred at RB and get your most explosive player the ball. I want this guy getting far more touches and here's the opening to do so. Watch the D worry about him, like they did on the Nelson TD to win the game.

Then watch him get the ball in space and turn 6 yards into 60.

I just read an article on profootballtalk.com that said that was the plan. Spiller will take Roscoes place in the slot.

Night Train
09-21-2011, 04:32 AM
I just read an article on profootballtalk.com that said that was the plan. Spiller will take Roscoes place in the slot.

Excellent :monte:

kishoph
09-21-2011, 05:25 AM
It's going to be pretty hard covering CJ with a S or a LB, I like the move, but I wouldn't exclude him from the backfield.

ChristopherWalken
09-21-2011, 07:11 AM
I'm not opposed to the idea but I think Brad Smith is better suited to fill this role. Brad Smith is making a hell of a lot of money to just run the Wildcat O. Hit this guy on a slant from the slot and sit back and watch him work.

DraftBoy
09-21-2011, 07:18 AM
The only concern I have with this is that Spiller is not a very accomplished route runner (not that Roscoe was either), but on quick slants, bubble screens, and even fade patterns I like it, but on more technical routes (dig, double move, WR option) where he has to get percise depth or angles I do have some reservations.

Overall Im excited he's getting more PT, but I do think there will be some falloff at least at first.

zone
09-21-2011, 07:21 AM
I'm not opposed to the idea but I think Brad Smith is better suited to fill this role. Brad Smith is making a hell of a lot of money to just run the Wildcat O. Hit this guy on a slant from the slot and sit back and watch him work.
Brad Smith is worth every single penny. The value of him keeping drives alive like he has is worth it's weight in gold.

better days
09-21-2011, 07:45 AM
Brad Smith is worth every single penny. The value of him keeping drives alive like he has is worth it's weight in gold.

And he is a returner. I am sure he will see time as wr as well.

wmoz11
09-21-2011, 07:57 AM
With Bills wideout Roscoe Parrish (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3197/roscoe-parrish) lost for the season, running back C.J. Spiller (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5566/cj-spiller) is expected to be used more and more as a receiver, per a source with knowledge of the situation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/20/c-j-spiller-to-get-more-time-at-wideout/

ChristopherWalken
09-21-2011, 09:33 AM

Never said he wasn't. My point is that the Bills can get more out of him.

psubills62
09-21-2011, 10:17 AM
I definitely think Spiller deserves to be on the field more, whether as receiver, runner, etc. Use him like DB indicated - bubble screens, slants, etc. Also use him as a decoy. Maybe fake a quick bubble screen, then send someone else on a go route and send it deep to them.

It's obvious Buffalo has been trying to change the offense by giving it an element of versatility. The two biggest signings and drafted players on offense have been Brad Smith and CJ Spiller. What do they bring to the table? Versatility and just plain old-fashioned talent.

The Jokeman
09-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Let's not forget that Spiller's breakout game last year came against NE. That said I'm guessing Belichek is going to his best to take Fred Jackson out of the game and we can hope that Spiller steps up and kills them. Of course I'm worried about Haynesworth and Wilfolk in the middle against the middle of our O-line that our running game won't thrive regardless of who's running the ball.

justasportsfan
09-21-2011, 11:02 AM
we'll need Spiller, Freddie, Smith and White in the backfield if we are to keep Brady off the field.

better days
09-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Let's not forget that Spiller's breakout game last year came against NE. That said I'm guessing Belichek is going to his best to take Fred Jackson out of the game and we can hope that Spiller steps up and kills them. Of course I'm worried about Haynesworth and Wilfolk in the middle against the middle of our O-line that our running game won't thrive regardless of who's running the ball.

Thank God Wood is at Center & not Hangartner. I remember in preseason, some people wanted Wood moved to guard & Hang back to Center.

mrbojanglezs
09-21-2011, 11:40 AM
4 rushes for 64 yards or something like that on Sunday. Give him the damn ball more. Doesn't necessarily have to take away from Jackson, but he needs a chance to develop. I think he will be like a McFadden. Three years before he develops fully, but he'll be a force.

he is nothing like McFadden at all....

Mski
09-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Of course I'm worried about Haynesworth and Wilfolk in the middle against the middle of our O-line that our running game won't thrive regardless of who's running the ball.
wood handled Suh last year, im sure he'll be fine against those two

Mski
09-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Of course I'm worried about Haynesworth and Wilfolk in the middle against the middle of our O-line that our running game won't thrive regardless of who's running the ball.
wood handled Suh last year, im sure he'll be fine against those two

justasportsfan
09-21-2011, 02:59 PM
screen,screen,screen

zone
09-21-2011, 03:08 PM
screen,screen,screen
We have to be careful with that, Wilfork is a ball hawk.

Mad Bomber
09-21-2011, 03:18 PM
We have to be careful with that, Wilfork is a ball hawk.
True, but if Spiller gets the ball on the outside, do you think that Wilfork can run him down?

Mski
09-21-2011, 03:26 PM
True, but if Spiller gets the ball on the outside, do you think that Wilfork can run him down?i think anyone on defense who could catch spiller from behind, plays for oakland. they seem to have a monopoly on speed

zone
09-21-2011, 03:48 PM
True, but if Spiller gets the ball on the outside, do you think that Wilfork can run him down?
I was making a joke in reference to his first career INT last weekend.

better days
09-21-2011, 04:45 PM
I was making a joke in reference to his first career INT last weekend.

Yeah but that was a great play by him. He did look FUNNY trying to run with the ball.