X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billsouth
    • Jul 2002

Fitzpatrick

I will start by saying that I was very much in favor of drafting a qb with our first pick. It appears at this point that I was dead wrong. Fitzy has proven that he can be an effective starting QB in this league. He is still not even 30 yet and we need to sign him long term. I still believe that we need to find our qb of the future, but there is no reason why Fitzy cant be the man for the next few years!
    "once a raider always a raider"
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Fitzpatrick

Imagine one of the top QB prospects learning from an intelligent and fierce leader like Fitzy. The guy has a certain swagger about him that comes from years of underappreciation and people doubting his abilities. He's also an incredible team player and has an astute knowledge of the game. We could potentially draft a first round talent at another position, take a QB in the second and allow him to sit for 2 years behind The Beard.

Might improve the Bills enough to be competitive while we wait for the future to develop.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

Yeah I was skeptical when Gailey and Nix showed faith in him this offseason, now Im starting to really have faith in Gailey and Nixs decision making (despite the whole Lee Evans thing)

Comment

• The Jokeman
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
        Imagine one of the top QB prospects learning from an intelligent and fierce leader like Fitzy. The guy has a certain swagger about him that comes from years of underappreciation and people doubting his abilities. He's also an incredible team player and has an astute knowledge of the game. We could potentially draft a first round talent at another position, take a QB in the second and allow him to sit for 2 years behind The Beard.

Might improve the Bills enough to be competitive while we wait for the future to develop.
        But will the beard re-sign to just play two years? As the next contract Fitz gets will likely be the biggest one he'll get if continues with his stellar play so odds are he wants to max out the years on it. The Bills are in a big game of poker right now with Fitz and I'll admit it's tough to not bid high but if anything I've learned over the years that it's the Bills might be wiser to bid low because Fitz has only averaged 4 wins a year over the last three seasons, hardly what I call franchise money and while a lot has to do with the talent around him let's not forget Chan Gailey has averaged a little more than 7 wins as an NFL HC. So while things look nice now they might bottom out in a few weeks.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

my only concern is the lack of a tight spiral that he throws every now and then. it's actually not that rare, but it's not constant either. so i just hope come november and december, his brain and arm can execute at the same level.

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by trapezeus
            my only concern is the lack of a tight spiral that he throws every now and then. it's actually not that rare, but it's not constant either. so i just hope come november and december, his brain and arm can execute at the same level.
            My concern is that he's saving his duck interceptions for one game...and that that game is fast approaching.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• mikemac2001
              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
              Yeah I was skeptical when Gailey and Nix showed faith in him this offseason, now Im starting to really have faith in Gailey and Nixs decision making (despite the whole Lee Evans thing)

I love Evans but what has he done in Baltimore....also really doesn't look like we are missing.him

MUCK
              FIAMI

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by psubills62
                My concern is that he's saving his duck interceptions for one game...and that that game is fast approaching.
                If he only throws duck interceptions in one game this year, I'm ok with that.
                "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

heads up

Fitz mic’d up on NFL Replay
                  Posted by Chris Brown on September 21, 2011 – 9:04 am

Buffalo’s dramatic 38-35 come from behind win over the Raiders in Week 2 is going to be part of the NFL Network’s Replay series Wednesday night.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was mic’d up for the game by NFL Films, so his commentary will be interspersed into the replay of the game throughout. Knowing the Bills offense scored on all five of their possessions in the second half it’s likely you’ll hear a lot from Fitz in this one. The Bills-Raiders replay airs tonight (Wednesday) on NFL Network at 8 pm.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    heads up

Fitz mic’d up on NFL Replay
                    Posted by Chris Brown on September 21, 2011 – 9:04 am

Buffalo’s dramatic 38-35 come from behind win over the Raiders in Week 2 is going to be part of the NFL Network’s Replay series Wednesday night.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was mic’d up for the game by NFL Films, so his commentary will be interspersed into the replay of the game throughout. Knowing the Bills offense scored on all five of their possessions in the second half it’s likely you’ll hear a lot from Fitz in this one. The Bills-Raiders replay airs tonight (Wednesday) on NFL Network at 8 pm.
                    http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/0...on-nfl-replay/
                    Yeah, I posted that before but worth repeating for people that did not see it.

Also Fitz will be on soundfx @ 9:30 after the replay.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days
                      Yeah, I posted that before but worth repeating for people that did not see it.

Also Fitz will be on soundfx @ 9:30 after the replay.

Belichick has his DVR ready
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mad Max
                        Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                        • Mar 2003

I get the euphoria surrounding Fitz. It's totally understandable. But we need to be patient and make a sound decision as it's going to affect the franchise for the next 3-4 years if we sign him soon based on his recent performance (Fitz if resigned would get a 5 year deal of which he would play out at least 3).

So before making that kind of comittment let's see how he performs the rest of the season. We have first hand experience with SEVERAL QBs that performed at a very high level briefly only to falter and end up hurting the team. Flutie, RJ, Bledsoe, Edwards... ALL were highly thought of at one point or another.

As far as drafting a QB of the future. Well what we do in that regard is going to be fully dependent on what we do with Fitz.

If Fitz is signed long term then we aren't drafting anyone early. It'll be a mid rounder (4th or 5th) who will be a backup not heir apparent. I'd consider a guy like Weeden from OSU, I think he'd be a great fit for our offense and we'd be able to get him in the middle rounds...because he's as old as Fitz. His only role will be as backup QB. Our fortunes will be tied to Fitz.

If Fitz's performance doesn't warrant a starter deal then we draft our heir apparent in the 1st in 2012 and use Fitz as the placeholder.

Comment

• Buddo
                          • Mar 2007

While it may be as much by accident than design, atm it seems as though Fitz and Gailey, is very much a match made in heaven. I think that's also important.

Something else that may be worth mentioning, is the work Fitz did on his core strength in the off season. It seems to be paying dividends, as I'm seeing less inaccuracy than last year. There's still the odd bad throw, but all QBs have those. To me the difference is that generally, the bad throws are where you want them to be, as in away from DBs (mostly).

I believe the above, are things that have helped raise Fitz's game. That and the fact he is the undisputed starter for the first time.

There's still some water to go under the bridge - it's early yet in this season, but I'm starting to believe that the improvements shown so far, are both for real, and are also likely to be permanent.

I think it's now very close to being 'given' that we can win with Fitz, providing the talent is kept around him.

Comment

Working...
                          X