PDA

View Full Version : NFL: NOW we care about faked injuries...

MikeInRoch
09-21-2011, 12:17 PM
So when the Giants admitted they did it during the Super Bowl - no big deal. But it's just Buffalo. F 'em.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations/_/id/7000274/nfl-threatens-fines-bans-faking-injuries

Lexwhat
09-21-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm confused... What does this have to do with Buffalo??

BertSquirtgum
09-21-2011, 12:31 PM
I'm confused... What does this have to do with Buffalo??

That's how the Giants slowed down Kelly and company during the first super bowl run. Faking injuries because they're **** suckers.

BillsFever21
09-21-2011, 10:29 PM
I liked the part where Grant said when he went down with his injury another player just happened to have a cramp at the same time. It was funny to watch. They both basically fell down at the same time. They were so injured that they were able to come in and finish the game after the next play though lol.

Lexwhat
09-21-2011, 10:37 PM
That's how the Giants slowed down Kelly and company during the first super bowl run. Faking injuries because they're **** suckers.

Thanks for clearing that up.

That was over 20 years ago. Seems irrelevant now? The game has changed a lot since then.

I thought he was referring to the 2007 Giants Super Bowl team...

stuckincincy
09-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Thanks for clearing that up.

That was over 20 years ago. Seems irrelevant now? The game has changed a lot since then.

I thought he was referring to the 2007 Giants Super Bowl team...

BUF and CIN had a "dueling injuries" game a long time ago - Sam Wyche vs. Marv Levy days.

Wyche was one of the more entertaining NFL head coaches. For some reason, he and Jerry Glanville had a mutual hatred - refused to meet and shake hands after a contest. Their teams took turns pounding the snot out of each other.

TigerJ
09-22-2011, 09:24 PM
The only reason the league seems to have started caring is that the Giants did such a bad job of faking it in their last game.