X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

My biggest concern about the Pats game

I'm resigning to the fact that Brady is going to do what he is going to do. Like everyone else, his play fluctuates in a season but overall, it is at a pretty high level even at his low points. You need a super talented D to stop him and so far only the Giants were able to do that one time.

However, Belichick IS a defensive guru. His track record is that if he has films on you, given a week's time, he ususally comes up something to stop you. That's why the Bills seem to play them close the first time, but often disasters the 2nd time. Look at Jets, Miami's record against him - same trend. Last year Fitz took the rein going up against him the first time the game was close. The 2nd time, not even a contest.

The worst thing that could happen is Belichick found a way to stop us and it gets copied around the league by our future opponents.

I honestly think the only chance we have is our running game. More specifically, our O-Line needs to control their D-line. There is a lot less scheming on the running game and scheming against the running game. If we can get their defense thinking about Jackson and Spiller the way we had to think about McFadden and Bush, we will have a good chance of having them ditching their defense game plan on Sunday.
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: My biggest concern about the Pats game

you are over thinking things.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
      • Nov 2009

I actually agree with Hurkey Nuts. This is a big week, so over analyzing is normal.

Comment

• Mski
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
        I honestly think the only chance we have is our running game. More specifically, our O-Line needs to control their D-line. There is a lot less scheming on the running game and scheming against the running game. If we can get their defense thinking about Jackson and Spiller the way we had to think about McFadden and Bush, we will have a good chance of having them ditching their defense game plan on Sunday.
        that holds true for every game, against every opponent
        RIP Tommy D!
        12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

We'll see.

One thing that's interesting is that we haven't really run a lot of misdirection plays, like reverses, draws, play-action. KC and Oakland used a lot of those the first two weeks against us with some success, however I don't recall Buffalo doing any of those. I believe we'll see more draws and play-action as the season goes on, especially if our running game stays effective.

I'm still a little skeptical, but it sure seems like Gailey is creative enough to not get stuck in a rut. If Belichick does a great job of stopping our offense, I have a feeling Gailey will adjust. Thankfully, he's not Jauron.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mad Max
            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
            • Mar 2003

Dolphins Team Statistics

Total Net Yards 488
            Penalties Yards 8-60
            Time of Possession 31:33
            Total Turnovers 1

Game film or not, this is what Chad "how the F is he an NFL starting QB" Henne and his rag tag group of merry ghey fish did to this Patsie defense.

I'm not worried about their defense at all this time around.

Comment

• Dujek
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Jan 2008

Have you seen the Patriots defense this year?

The Bills will put up 30. The problem will be stopping them putting up 40.

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

To me the biggest concern is stopping their pass game.

I think we will handle their run attack
                I think we will throw on them
                I think we will have some success running on them

But I just have a tough time seeing us stop their pass attack. I don't think sacking Brady is a realistic goal either, his pocket presence is one of the best ever. If we can get 3 and outs and if our secondary can step way up, we have a chance.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh

The worst thing that could happen is Belichick found a way to stop us and it gets copied around the league by our future opponents.
                  that could very well happen but Gailey is not Jauron. The raiders thought they could stop us in the 2nd half but we made adjustments.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

i agree with the sentiment of the original post, but you have to remember dick jauron and crew were hell bent on slamming their heads against a wall, not making a dent, then trying the same method over again.

gailey's offense seems to counter moves made against them. they aren't bringing the same look out in the second half just because that's what they were prepared to do.

So i think offensively, the bills should be in a position to make this competitive as long as the turnovers are kept to zero.

defense, there are match up issues. But this team knows at 2-0 that most people think they are a joke. and there is something about this team that suggests they'll take it to heart and they'll make a great effort to win. Soemthing we haven't seen out of a buffalo team in a while.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

don't worry- we will stifle our own offense when they get off to a 21 point lead and we abandon the run.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        don't worry- we will stifle our own offense when they get off to a 21 point lead and we abandon the run.
                        we didn't abandon it last sunday even though we were behind.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mad Max
                          Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          Ya I don't see that happening. We're not starting off this game like we started out the Raiders game.

We're going to score early. The patsie secondary is atrocious (like ours) and their DL is a work in progress (also like ours).

This may come down to last team with the ball wins.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
                            To me the biggest concern is stopping their pass game.

I think we will handle their run attack
                            I think we will throw on them
                            I think we will have some success running on them

But I just have a tough time seeing us stop their pass attack. I don't think sacking Brady is a realistic goal either, his pocket presence is one of the best ever. If we can get 3 and outs and if our secondary can step way up, we have a chance.
                            I don't think the Bills really have to sack Brady, they just need to get him out of his rhythm, make him throw before he really wants to.

Comment

Working...
                            X