PDA

View Full Version : "I just want to be respected"

ghz in pittsburgh
09-21-2011, 06:43 PM
That's the exact quote of his last words.

But when I heard it, I can feel that's what his teamates wanted to say but have not say so publicly.

For the fans, I can feel it too. Living in Pittsburgh, I was rubbed off often being a Bills fan. Good buddies show me sympathy. I can't tell you how many times I really want to come out and yell at them - show me some respect! Unfortunately, this kind of respect is earned on the field.

Good to see the players feel the same way we do.

Before everyone rips me, I do understand that when a player saying respect, he may have a different notion in terms of money. This may yet to come. I just feel at this time, most guys in Bills locker room are not in that position to get on that path yet.

Don't Panic
09-21-2011, 08:22 PM
I am so used to the reaction I get when people find out I like the Bills that now I just laugh at it. Being a fan means being loyal... none of us affect the outcome of a game outside of being one of 70,000 12th men. I love my team. If people "look down" at me for that then they have their focus way off IMO. And I could care less...

justasportsfan
09-21-2011, 08:37 PM
he's getting respect now because he's EARNING it.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-21-2011, 09:04 PM
respect is earned and it starts sunday. thats the real test.

Beebe's Kid
09-21-2011, 09:09 PM
It is Fitzy's career. It is my football team. Way different. I don't give a damn if people respect my team or not.

...and of course: If loving Fitz is wrong, I don't want to be right. He was my horse, whether he won a race or not...it is more fun when your horse is winning though.

zone
09-22-2011, 10:24 AM
I was rubbed off often being a Bills fan.

Isn't that a good thing?

CleveSteve
09-22-2011, 04:17 PM
keep reading..

I was rubbed off often being a Bills fan. Good buddies show me sympathy.

...ick?