X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

Fred Jackson is "Annoyed"

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Fred Jackson has the respect of his Buffalo Bills teammates, and the production to show he deserves to be regarded as a top-tiered NFL running back.

The only thing missing Jackson told The Associated Press on Wednesday that's left him "annoyed" is a new contract to go with it.

Having helped Buffalo get off to a 2-0 start, the only place the NFL's leading rusher's not making forward progress is with the front office. Jackson says he's gotten nowhere in a bid to renegotiate the final two years left on a contract set to pay him a $1.75 million base salary this season.

"We've approached them, and it's not gone the way we would've liked it to," Jackson told The Associated Press prior to practice Wednesday. "I'm annoyed by it. I've been playing at a high level for three straight years now. I would like something to be done about it this year. I want something done that's fair for myself and the team."

• X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Fred Jackson is "Annoyed"

Originally posted by Lexwhat
    ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Fred Jackson has the respect of his Buffalo Bills teammates, and the production to show he deserves to be regarded as a top-tiered NFL running back.

The only thing missing Jackson told The Associated Press on Wednesday that's left him "annoyed" is a new contract to go with it.

Having helped Buffalo get off to a 2-0 start, the only place the NFL's leading rusher's not making forward progress is with the front office. Jackson says he's gotten nowhere in a bid to renegotiate the final two years left on a contract set to pay him a $1.75 million base salary this season.

"We've approached them, and it's not gone the way we would've liked it to," Jackson told The Associated Press prior to practice Wednesday. "I'm annoyed by it. I've been playing at a high level for three straight years now. I would like something to be done about it this year. I want something done that's fair for myself and the team."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
    The guy is going to talk himself right off the team.

He's right, but if he doesn't shut up the Bills will move him. They hate stuff like this.

That said, just pay the damn guy, we don't need the distraction.
    Last edited by X-Era; 09-21-2011, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

PAY THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's gather up money and put up a billboard in Buffalo.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        • May 2009

Freddy needs to chill the **** out and give Buddy some time to give him a contract. what the **** man.

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

I hope the Bills realize they can't build a playoff team and use guys they already have without paying them for their play.

Comment

• Mad Max
            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by X-Era
            The guy is going to talk himself right off the team.

He's right, but if he doesn't shut up the Bills will move him. They hate stuff like this.

That said, just pay the damn guy, we don't need the distraction.
            I hope they work something out prior to training camp. If they don't there's approximately a 100% probability that FreJack holds out.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mad Max
              I hope they work something out prior to training camp. If they don't there's approximately a 100% probability that FreJack holds out.
              If he doesn't shut up, he may get traded this year. It wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

• Mad Max
                Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                • Mar 2003

That would be shocking to me. It would be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

They're just now after what feels like an eternity gaining a little team momentum, it would be beyond stupid for them to destroy that momentum by trading one of their key cogs on O. No matter how squeaky that cog may currently be.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

That would be shocking to me. It would be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

They're just now after what feels like an eternity gaining a little team momentum, it would be beyond stupid for them to destroy that momentum by trading one of their key cogs on O. No matter how squeaky that cog may currently be.
                  Jason Peters

Comment

• clumping platelets

1-800-cry-baby

Comment

• Mad Max
                      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                      • Mar 2003

Jason Peters
                      Huge difference in situations IMO.

1.) Peters was looking to get paid premier young LT money...huge bank. Fred is looking for fair RB money...a fraction of the amount Peters was due. Much smaller pill to swallow financially.

2.) Peters as good as he was (arguably) was NOT ~40% of the offense of the team.

Comment

• Oaf
                        Do you read what you write?
                        • Jun 2007

National articles have a propensity to overdraw on these sort of statements. Unless you hear the quote yourself on local news, etc don't draw any conclusions. I don't see it affecting production or the morale of the team.

Besides, if anyone was underpaid, even from the moment he signed his extension, it was Jackson.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Huge difference in situations IMO.

1.) Peters was looking to get paid premier young LT money...huge bank. Fred is looking for fair RB money...a fraction of the amount Peters was due. Much smaller pill to swallow financially.

2.) Peters as good as he was (arguably) was NOT ~40% of the offense of the team.
                          I understand the situations are different. Put it this way, when was the last time a Bills player publicly complained about his contract and then the Bills paid him?

That's not our style. In fact, our style is when the player goes public with complaints (not always about money) we sometimes move them or let them go.

Eric Moulds
                          Willis McGahee
                          Jason Peters

If memory serves each went public with complaints. We seem to especially hate that.
                          Last edited by X-Era; 09-21-2011, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Traded THIS YEAR????

During the season? I would be astounded by that..

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              Traded THIS YEAR????

During the season? I would be astounded by that..
                              Depends on how loud he gets. It wouldn't shock me.

Comment

Working...
                              X