PDA

View Full Version : If we win this Sunday....

Mark Miller
09-22-2011, 01:11 AM
Should we storm the field to show our support of the new attitude this team is beginning to instill? Part of me thinks that it may look amateur and desperate as fans but it would certainly catch national attention and display our passion and love for our team. Either way, anyone who attends the Ralph on Sunday needs to do their part as this battle is going to require all 12 men!

SeatownBillsFan21
09-22-2011, 01:23 AM
YES YES YES

HAMMER
09-22-2011, 02:27 AM
Storm the field and trample Brady while doing it.

mr_kotter
09-22-2011, 02:36 AM
Storm the field and trample Brady while doing it.

I don't mind the storming the field thing, but please be safe and don't hurt anyone. Have fun but don't do damage. This modern NFL over-reacts to everything, I can just imagine them giving security some tear gas and rubber bullets for all of next years games.

YardRat
09-22-2011, 05:22 AM
No.

Cntrygal
09-22-2011, 05:36 AM
No.

Forward_Lateral
09-22-2011, 05:50 AM
No, don't be idiots. Enjoy winning like normal fans, not like Europeans.

ChristopherWalken
09-22-2011, 06:40 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eX27Wq2ob6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ServoBillieves
09-22-2011, 06:45 AM
Yeah... no... That'd be pretty stupid. Just because we beat the Patriots* doesn't mean the Bills are a playoff team and we still have to beat them again.

If anything, storm the field by yourself in New England after we beat them the second time. No one will mess with you there, and it'll really show we're for real.

ChristopherWalken
09-22-2011, 07:29 AM
But not unheard of. Bills fans did it after beating the Dolphins in 1980. They hadn't beat them for an entire decade. 20 games prior to that one. So, it could happen. Bills haven't beaten the Patriots for 15 games now.

THATHURMANATOR
09-22-2011, 07:53 AM
I would but I certainly don't want to get arrested or anything.... I have already been cuffed and stuffed at a Bills game. Not looking for a repeat.

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2011, 07:58 AM
Act like we've been there before.

JD
09-22-2011, 08:02 AM
I vote yes, what's wrong with a little enthusiasm? The people saying no are the same people that sit in the hundred level and remain seated when we score a touchdown.

streetkings01
09-22-2011, 08:16 AM
No............Buffalo would be even more of laughing stock around the league then they already are in the eyes of the media!

RoscoeMagic
09-22-2011, 08:21 AM
Who the hell storms the field after a week 3 win? It would draw attention to how pathetic we've been over the past 7 seasons getting swept by NE in each. It would be absolutely ridiculous, I would be ashamed.

trapezeus
09-22-2011, 08:29 AM
if its a last second kick in a comeback, to me it seems inevitable. if its just a win that is decided 5-10 minutes before final gun, it seems forced.

if its a magical win, people are ending up on that field one way or the other.

RoscoeMagic
09-22-2011, 08:34 AM
if its a last second kick in a comeback, to me it seems inevitable. if its just a win that is decided 5-10 minutes before final gun, it seems forced.

if its a magical win, people are ending up on that field one way or the other.

I don't understand what's so magical about it. This isn't Appalachian State beating Michigan. We play in the same ****ing league as them. It's pathetic we haven't been able to compete this past decade.

ublinkwescore
09-22-2011, 08:51 AM
I would but I certainly don't want to get arrested or anything.... I have already been cuffed and stuffed at a Bills game. Not looking for a repeat.

what did you do?

Aero II
09-22-2011, 08:58 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eX27Wq2ob6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That was the first NFL Game I ever attended. My freshman year at UB, went with my Dad. What an awesome experience.

Ed
09-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Let's wait until we win the division.

trapezeus
09-22-2011, 08:59 AM
I don't understand what's so magical about it. This isn't Appalachian State beating Michigan. We play in the same ****ing league as them. It's pathetic we haven't been able to compete this past decade.

its magical because the incredible burden has been lifted. it's just emotion. i didn't see a lot of logical people scratching their chins when Nelson scored being like, "ok, i suppose I'll take this last second win against a team of back-ups who put up 400+ yards of offense." Everyone was screaming and excited. You add that to a divisional opponent who has owned you for 8 years, with nice weather, and you have a recipe for those goal posts ending up on ebay.

What you said makes sense, but at the time of a close victory, no one thinks logically.

Beebe's Kid
09-22-2011, 09:03 AM
If we are involved in an emotional roller coaster of a game, and it ends in dramatic fashion, I think it would just happen.

Trap nailed it. Don't force it. If you force it, it looks pathetic.

I disagree with the "act like we've been there before" sentiment. We have been there, but it has been a long ****ing time. It would be nice for the team to see that kind of support for the team. That being said, you would have to hope that the crowd can maintain some semblance of respectability.

It was clear from the phone calls to WGR about the parking lot situation last week that the fans in Buffalo feel some inexplicable sense of entitlement to do whatever and act however they want. The changes to the tailgating policies had been discussed on every message board, radio show, posted on BB.com, I have received texts and emails for months, but yet the day of the game; people came early and complained when the new rules were enforced. There were callers calling WGR that were saying "Well, they had to start drinking in their cars. The Bills are causing a safety issue, because that's what they do, and they aren't allowed in the lots to do it." Fans that can justify that kind of behavior would not be respectful if they were on the field, and the whole thing would turn ugly.

DraftBoy
09-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Rushing the field is for High School and College football not the pros.

psubills62
09-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Act like we've been there before.
This from the guy who claimed he'd run around his house naked if we win?

No rushing the field. Be excited, but don't rush the field.