PDA

View Full Version : Well we made the front page of MSN

Turf
09-22-2011, 07:44 AM
http://www.msn.com/?ocid=iehp

Story #2

OpIv37
09-22-2011, 07:46 AM
here we go... I hate the attention. Every time we get attention, we choke big time.

SabreEleven
09-22-2011, 07:52 AM
This pretty much guarentee's a blowout by the Patriots.

better days
09-22-2011, 08:09 AM
"FIRST & FOREMOST, EVEN TOM BRADY IS AFFECTED WHEN PEOPE ARE HITTING HIM. YOU HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO PUT PRESSURE ON HIM."

Well, it look like future HOF Safety John Lynch agrees with what I have been saying.

jamze132
09-22-2011, 08:10 AM
Well hope you guys enjoyed the 2-0 start. Now begins the misery of losing 4 of the next 6.

better days
09-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Well hope you guys enjoyed the 2-0 start. Now begins the misery of losing 4 of the next 6.

Well, I'm not ready to throw in the towel & give up. The Bills have not beaten the Pats* in it seems like forever, they are DUE for a win. I have faith Chan & Wanny can come up with a game plan to win the game.

I think the Bills are capable of beating any team on their schedule this year.

mayotm
09-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Well hope you guys enjoyed the 2-0 start. Now begins the misery of losing 4 of the next 6.I don't think losing 4 of 6 is a foregone conclusion at all.

ublinkwescore
09-22-2011, 08:48 AM
hasn't wanny coached the phins to wins over the brady led pats?

SabreEleven
09-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Well, I'm not ready to throw in the towel & give up. The Bills have not beaten the Pats* in it seems like forever, they are DUE for a win. I have faith Chan & Wanny can come up with a game plan to win the game.

I think the Bills are capable of beating any team on their schedule this year.

It doesn't seem like forever, it has been forever.

HAMMER
09-22-2011, 09:55 AM

What a negative POS post this is, piss off.

Oaf
09-22-2011, 09:56 AM
The precedent would certainly predict this.

Ed
09-22-2011, 10:10 AM
here we go... I hate the attention. Every time we get attention, we choke big time.
Yeah, but when we're not getting attention it's because we suck. So at least we're doing something right.

HAMMER
09-22-2011, 10:28 AM

Everyone complains that we get no respect, then when we get it you all complain some more.

mr_kotter
09-22-2011, 10:39 AM
"FIRST & FOREMOST, EVEN TOM BRADY IS AFFECTED WHEN PEOPE ARE HITTING HIM. YOU HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO PUT PRESSURE ON HIM."

Well, it look like future HOF Safety John Lynch agrees with what I have been saying.

Dude does not mention blitzing at all. He says "up the gut", pretty ambiguous. You are suffering from confirmation bias, only seeing what you want to see so you can be right.

better days
09-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Dude does not mention blitzing at all. He says "up the gut", pretty ambiguous. You are suffering from confirmation bias, only seeing what you want to see so you can be right.

He is talking about putting PRESSURE on Brady, NOTHING ambiguous about that. Just as I have said. I did not say the Bills had to blitz Brady all game long, I said they have to put pressure on him & make him look for the blitz to get him out of his rhythm.

mr_kotter
09-22-2011, 10:53 AM
He is talking about putting PRESSURE on Brady, NOTHING ambiguous about that. Just as I have said. I did not say the Bills had to blitz Brady all game long, I said they have to put pressure on him & make him look for the blitz to get him out of his rhythm.

I'm telling you, blitzes do not pressure Brady. He tosses a screen pass or short slant before you get close to him. Maybe in your dreams blitzes get to Brady and pressure him. Here in reality Brady seems to always have an out and reacts extremely well to blitzes. I almost feel like he prefers when defenses blitz.

Pressure can be had from a four man (and occasional five man) front. Even sometimes a three man rush is needed.

justasportsfan
09-22-2011, 11:09 AM

the article was more about stopping the Patriots and not the bills.

OpIv37
09-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Everyone complains that we get no respect, then when we get it you all complain some more.

I never complained that we get no respect.

I always said we'll get respect when we earn it

Two good games against one bad team and one mediocre team after 10 years of suckage doesn't constitute earning respect.

Ickybaluky
09-22-2011, 11:14 AM
hasn't wanny coached the phins to wins over the brady led pats?

Yes.

When he was HC in Miami from 2001 to 2004, Brady was 5-3 against Miami and only had 1 game with a QB Rating over 100.

better days
09-22-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm telling you, blitzes do not pressure Brady. He tosses a screen pass or short slant before you get close to him. Maybe in your dreams blitzes get to Brady and pressure him. Here in reality Brady seems to always have an out and reacts extremely well to blitzes. I almost feel like he prefers when defenses blitz.

Pressure can be had from a four man (and occasional five man) front. Even sometimes a three man rush is needed.

Well, I'm basicly saying the same thing. I'm not calling for a safety or corner blitz, I'm calling for Merriman to rush Brady along with the Bills DL & Kelsey.

That is what I meant when I said the Bills have not brought Merriman into play yet when you called me an idiot.

I know from listening to Pats* podcasts they are worried about their INEXPERIENCED Center holding up against Kyle Williams with Dan Koppen out.

justasportsfan
09-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Two good games against one bad team and one mediocre team after 10 years of suckage doesn't constitute earning respect.

WRONG! We have EARNED the attention which is pretty much about how we'll we've played. What we haven't earned yet is playoffs talks which hasn't been thrown around a lot.

OpIv37
09-22-2011, 11:59 AM
WRONG! We have EARNED the attention which is pretty much about how we'll we've played. What we haven't earned yet is playoffs talks which hasn't been thrown around a lot.

I'm not wrong. Attention doesn't equal respect. It's much easier to earn attention.

And maybe you could argue that we've earned the attention, but this team still hasn't shown the ability to deal with the attention.

OpIv37
09-22-2011, 12:03 PM
I know from listening to Pats* podcasts they are worried about their INEXPERIENCED Center holding up against Kyle Williams with Dan Koppen out.

I really hate it when this happens against the Pats.

If it were any other team, I'd be excited to see what Williams could do against an inexperienced C. With the Pats, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Williams got dominated. It wouldn't be the first time some no-name from the Pats came off the bench and smoked us.

justasportsfan
09-22-2011, 12:20 PM
I really hate it when this happens against the Pats.

If it were any other team, I'd be excited to see what Williams could do against an inexperienced C. With the Pats, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Williams got dominated. It wouldn't be the first time some no-name from the Pats came off the bench and smoked us.

I don't know about you but I've seen people on national media give us the respect enough to keep talking about us.

OpIv37
09-22-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't know about you but I've seen people on national media give us the respect enough to keep talking about us.

The media talks about what's hot- sports or otherwise. If we lose the next two games, it'll be "same old Bills" as far as the media is concerned and they'll stop even mentioning us.

better days
09-22-2011, 12:53 PM
The media talks about what's hot- sports or otherwise. If we lose the next two games, it'll be "same old Bills" as far as the media is concerned and they'll stop even mentioning us.

Exactly because the respect will be gone. If you can't beat the Bengals, you deserve no respect.

If the Pats* smoke the Bills they will also lose respect even if they beat the Bengals because everyone will say the Bills can beat the bad teams, but can't hang with the good teams.

If the Bills lose to the Pats* in a close game & beat the Bengals, I think they will still get respect.

psubills62
09-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Actually, if we lose the next two games it won't be the "same old Bills." Even the old Bills (Jauronified and all) could beat Cincinnati. We haven't lost to them since what...1986 or something?

OpIv37
09-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Exactly because the respect will be gone. If you can't beat the Bengals, you deserve no respect.

If the Pats* smoke the Bills they will also lose respect even if they beat the Bengals because everyone will say the Bills can beat the bad teams, but can't hang with the good teams.

If the Bills lose to the Pats* in a close game & beat the Bengals, I think they will still get respect.

There is no respect yet- just attention. And there shouldn't be respect yet- like I already said, winning 2 games after a decade of suckage doesn't warrant respect.

TrEd FTW
09-22-2011, 12:57 PM
The Bills get the **** kicked out of them every time "respect" comes their way. It never fails. They get talked up all week and then humiliated on Sunday. Maybe it'll be different for once this weekend, but I'm not holding my breath.

justasportsfan
09-22-2011, 12:59 PM
There is no respect yet- just attention. And there shouldn't be respect yet- like I already said, winning 2 games after a decade of suckage doesn't warrant respect.

there is respect for what we've done TO THIS POINT and not for the entire season.

OpIv37
09-22-2011, 01:03 PM
there is respect for what we've done TO THIS POINT and not for the entire season.

No one should have respect after 2 games. I guarantee you a lot of the teams that are 2-0 right now won't make the playoffs, and 1 or 2 0-2 teams may even sneak in.

justasportsfan
09-22-2011, 01:36 PM
No one should have respect after 2 games. IN your wolrd I guess. Bills earned respect for what they did. Doesn't mean people are picking them to win the sb. I guarantee you that BB has respect for this team if he didn't have one for the past teams.

OpIv37
09-22-2011, 01:37 PM
IN your wolrd I guess. Bills earned respect for what they did. Doesn't mean people are picking them to win the sb. I guarantee you that BB has respect for this team if he didn't have one for the past teams.

lmao- only a Bills fan who has accepted mediocrity would give respect for 2 good games after 10 years of suck.

justasportsfan
09-22-2011, 01:47 PM
lmao- only a Bills fan who has accepted mediocrity would give respect for 2 good games after 10 years of suck.

If winning 2 games the way they did is accepting mediocrity then I hope they keep playing the way they did, mediocre.

You cant give em props when they deserve it because it makes you miserable.

OpIv37
09-22-2011, 02:01 PM
If winning 2 games the way they did is accepting mediocrity then I hope they keep playing the way they did, mediocre.

You cant give em props when they deserve it because it makes you miserable.

It's 2 games.

Just 2 games.

We've had 2 good games in all the crappy seasons we've had over the last decade.

They've proven absolutely nothing.

And if you've been keeping up, I've given them lots of props for what they did in the game. But props for an individual game is much different than respect.

justasportsfan
09-22-2011, 02:09 PM
It's 2 games.

Just 2 games.

We've had 2 good games in all the crappy seasons we've had over the last decade.

They've proven absolutely nothing. .and thats what I'm saying. They are getting respect for the 2 games they've played. Thats it. No one going overboard by picking them to win the sb. Hell I doubt a lot of people are even picking them to beat the pats this sunday.

better days
09-22-2011, 03:40 PM
and thats what I'm saying. They are getting respect for the 2 games they've played. Thats it. No one going overboard by picking them to win the sb. Hell I doubt a lot of people are even picking them to beat the pats this sunday.

I said they would be on the road to respectability if they beat the Raiders which is what you are also saying.

NOBODY is saying they deserve the kind of respect the Jets & Pats* get. The respect they are getting is that people are not calling them the worst team in the NFL & laughing at them now. It is SOME RESPECT.

justasportsfan
09-22-2011, 03:48 PM
I said they would be on the road to respectability if they beat the Raiders which is what you are also saying.

NOBODY is saying they deserve the kind of respect the Jets & Pats* get. The respect they are getting is that people are not calling them the worst team in the NFL & laughing at them now. It is SOME RESPECT.
exactly. Even a homer like myself isn't predicting playoffs at this pint. Just that we'll be in the AFC championship. :D

ParanoidAndroid
09-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Actually, if we lose the next two games it won't be the "same old Bills." Even the old Bills (Jauronified and all) could beat Cincinnati. We haven't lost to them since what...1986 or something?

jinx

Meathead
09-22-2011, 05:17 PM
what hasnt been talked about a lot, that the bills will make the playoffs or that they have earned the right to be talked about as a playoff team?

the distinction is important because somebody very wise, handsome, well hung, and modest has already predicted playoffs for this team back in november

better days
09-22-2011, 08:15 PM
what hasnt been talked about a lot, that the bills will make the playoffs or that they have earned the right to be talked about as a playoff team?

the distinction is important because somebody very wise, handsome, well hung, and modest has already predicted playoffs for this team back in november

No, I did not do that.