PDA

View Full Version : Just saw an ad for NFL Playbook on NFLN later tonight...

OpIv37
09-22-2011, 08:33 AM
They are going to talk about why the Bills can be the first team to beat the Patriots :rolleyes:

This is another hurdle that this team has yet to overcome: winning when the pressure's on. It's one thing to beat up on KC or come back against Oakland in the home opener when all the analysts have us as the frontrunners in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

It's another thing to beat the Patriots when the entire country is watching.

better days
09-22-2011, 08:49 AM
They are going to talk about why the Bills can be the first team to beat the Patriots :rolleyes:

This is another hurdle that this team has yet to overcome: winning when the pressure's on. It's one thing to beat up on KC or come back against Oakland in the home opener when all the analysts have us as the frontrunners in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

It's another thing to beat the Patriots when the entire country is watching.

Well, outside of WNY & N.E. few people will be watching the game. STUPID CBS.

OpIv37
09-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Well, outside of WNY & N.E. few people will be watching the game. STUPID CBS.

yeah, the Balt/DC area has no CBS early game, despite the fact that the Ravens have the late game and the Skins play on Monday night.

I understand why we don't usually get the Bills, but when we're 2-0 and playing the 2-0 Patriots for the division lead and it's not competing with the local teams, there is absolutely no reason not to show it.

The only good thing is that if we embarrass ourselves like we usually do against NE, fewer people will see it.

trapezeus
09-22-2011, 09:04 AM
i don't know op, i said i wouldnt' say that this year is different, but THIS YEAR IS DIFFERENT.

Granted my bones have been wrong about this for 8 years, but trust me....i'm an expert.

The bills are going to be the talk of the world after this game. The defense is going to kick in and the offense is going to continue to hum.

OpIv37
09-22-2011, 09:08 AM
i don't know op, i said i wouldnt' say that this year is different, but THIS YEAR IS DIFFERENT.

Granted my bones have been wrong about this for 8 years, but trust me....i'm an expert.

The bills are going to be the talk of the world after this game. The defense is going to kick in and the offense is going to continue to hum.

I don't feel it just yet.

There is something different. Last week, it really felt like they could come back and win, and they did- the feeling was different than in the past.

But I still think this team lacks the talent and tenacity to beat the Patriots. The mental block is still there.

Dr. Lecter
09-22-2011, 09:20 AM
The only thing that gives me some hope for this week is that the Pats are not that all much better than they have been in previous seasons. The Bills appear to be improved more significantly. And in the last few years the Bills have kept it close with the Pats the first time they meet, only needing maybe one more play to break their way to win.

This team has a much better chance to get or make that play than previous years teams.

If I had to guess I would say the Bills lose - but I do not have complete confidence in that like I usually do in this game.

trapezeus
09-22-2011, 09:21 AM
i think the patriots beat up on two weak teams that made a lot of mistakes. Chan seems to have the team making a lot less mistakes than bills teams in the past.

Bills are also making 7 points off turnovers these days.

Two great habits to be in going into this game. i feel like these teams are going to lay a dud in terms of offensive power because it's just due.

psubills62
09-22-2011, 09:37 AM
My feelings on this game are very similar to Lecter's.

This season in general feels different. I've actually gotten the sense that the team knows what it's doing this year, as opposed to other years where they've just floundered around, made zero adjustments, seemed to get lucky a few times.

Even if we do lose to the Pats, there's still 13 more games left to play. It won't be the end of the world...though it would certainly be disappointing.

hemi13
09-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Team Statistics
Patriots Opponents
TOTAL FIRST DOWNS 55 54
FIRST DOWNS (Rushing-passing-by penalty) 10 - 43 - 2 11 - 39 - 4
THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS 15/24 12/26
FOURTH DOWN CONVERSIONS 0/1 4/6
TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARDS 1126 958
OFFENSE (Plays-Average Yards) 138 - 8.2 139 - 6.9
TOTAL RUSHING YARDS 200 196
RUSHING (Plays-Average Yards) 47 - 4.3 44 - 4.5
TOTAL PASSING YARDS 926 762
PASSING (Comp-Att-Int-Avg) 63 - 88 - 1 - 10.7 59 - 89 - 3 - 8.9
SACKS 6 3
FIELD GOALS 3/4 1/1
TOUCHDOWNS 9 6
TIME OF POSSESSION 28:44 31:15
TURNOVER RATIO +4 0

I think the stat that hits you in the face is their defense, who have given up 958 yds in 2 games. That's 479 yds per game. If San Diego hadn't shot themselves in that game, the outcome could have been different and Miami is NOT a good team. I have a very GOOD feeling about this Sunday. Our defense is better than both Miami's and San Diego's. I KNOW WE CAN WIN THIS GAME.
The 12th man will be very importent on this one. For the first time in a very long time I have faith in our offense. I believe this will be a close game, but if we play smart, we will a top the AFC East come Sunday night.

OpIv37
09-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Team Statistics
Patriots Opponents
TOTAL FIRST DOWNS 55 54
FIRST DOWNS (Rushing-passing-by penalty) 10 - 43 - 2 11 - 39 - 4
THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS 15/24 12/26
FOURTH DOWN CONVERSIONS 0/1 4/6
TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARDS 1126 958
OFFENSE (Plays-Average Yards) 138 - 8.2 139 - 6.9
TOTAL RUSHING YARDS 200 196
RUSHING (Plays-Average Yards) 47 - 4.3 44 - 4.5
TOTAL PASSING YARDS 926 762
PASSING (Comp-Att-Int-Avg) 63 - 88 - 1 - 10.7 59 - 89 - 3 - 8.9
SACKS 6 3
FIELD GOALS 3/4 1/1
TOUCHDOWNS 9 6
TIME OF POSSESSION 28:44 31:15
TURNOVER RATIO +4 0

I think the stat that hits you in the face is their defense, who have given up 958 yds in 2 games. That's 479 yds per game. If San Diego hadn't shot themselves in that game, the outcome could have been different and Miami is NOT a good team. I have a very GOOD feeling about this Sunday. Our defense is better than both Miami's and San Diego's. I KNOW WE CAN WIN THIS GAME.
The 12th man will be very importent on this one. For the first time in a very long time I have faith in our offense. I believe this will be a close game, but if we play smart, we will a top the AFC East come Sunday night.

Were you trying to type "important" or "impotent"? The 12th man might be impotent after the Pats get off to a 21 point lead.

And you're overrating our D. Our secondary is just terrible and our LB's can't seem to generate a pass rush or keep the run from bouncing outside.

psubills62
09-22-2011, 10:33 AM
San Diego had their chances and blew them. Not only did Rivers throw some poor INT's near or inside the red zone, but they failed to convert a 4th and goal on the one yard line, which led to Brady driving 99 yards for a TD.

This feels like one of those games where we're going to have our chances also, but end up blowing it. Maybe not like San Diego blew it - I think our defense is going to let us down before our offense does.

Ickybaluky
09-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Of course the Bills can win. Anyone can win.

However, I do think San Diego is a better team than most are giving credit for. They are a real good team on both sides of the ball.

It has only been 2 weeks, so I would caution on drawing any conclusions. Both team's offenses have shown they are very good, but that doesn't mean it will carry on all season. Both team's defenses have struggled at times, but that doesn't mean they will continue to all season. People are reading too much into the first 2 games, things will change a lot during the season.

I think the 3 keys for Buffalo are:

1) Avoid turnovers and mistakes - this is obvious, but the bigger the game the more important. Buffalo turned it over 10 times in the 2 games against NE. Can't win doing that.

2) Run effectively - The Bills have run the ball well this year, and need to do so against the Pats. Keeping balance on offense will lead to points.

3) Finish drives - Much of the reason the Bills are leading the NFL in points is because they have been good in the red zone. In 10 RZ opportunities they have 8 TDs and 2 FG, which is 62 of a possible 70 points. That needs to continue.

If they do that, they are in good shape. Yeah, the Pats will get some yards and score some points. Yeah, it would help if they get some turnovers or the Pats make mistakes. However, no matter what the Pats do if Buffalo plays clean, runs the ball and finishes drives they are in good shape.

FlyingDutchman
09-22-2011, 11:04 AM
I don't feel it just yet.

There is something different. Last week, it really felt like they could come back and win, and they did- the feeling was different than in the past.

But I still think this team lacks the talent and tenacity to beat the Patriots. The mental block is still there.

You're right and of course they dont...yet. We are outmatched on paper and should lose....Baby steps man...we beat the crap out of crappy team where normally we would play down the competition, and we were finally on the winning side of a close game against a good team..Nobody really expected this...Next phase to see if we're for real is to play a team like the Pats tough and maybe win. Even if we dont win, if we put up a fight then im convinced we're headed in the right direction, and I wont be wary about the bottom falling out like every other time we've showed something positive....