X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

FL's keys to beating the Pats

Honestly, the front 3 (or 4 depending on the package) are going to have to get pressure on Brady. They'll have to mix in some exotic blitz plays, but leaving Brady vs 1 on 1 coverage is not usually a good idea.

It all boils down to turnovers, in my opinion. The Bills will have to have next to zero mistakes on offense, and will have to force a couple of turnovers to have any shot at winning.

New England's D isn't as good as it once was, and San Diego was able to move the ball almost a will vs them. Rivers threw 2 picks inside New England's 30, which ultimately killed the Chargers.

You aren't going to stop Tom Brady, defensively. The D is going to have to bend, but not break. Hold them to FGs, and keep them out of the endzone as much as possible.

I'm not expecting a win, but I'm hoping they (Buffalo) doesn't lay an egg in the first half like they did vs Oakland. If they do, there will be no comeback like there was last week.
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: FL's keys to beating the Pats

FL is good but I don't think they're ready to play in the NFL, never mind beat the Pats

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

You know, there was an episode of the Simpsons where Homer had to box a spoof of Mike Tyson named Dredrick Tatum.

Moe was Homer's manager, and says "Ok Homer, you can beat Tatum, you just have to visualize how you're going to do it." Homer then proceeds to visualize the announcers saying that Tatum died of a congenital heart defect just before he could enter the ring.

When I think of keys to the Bills beating the Patriots, it's something similar, like the entire team getting the flu or the flight being canceled due to weather.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

If our OL can keep Fitz upright like they did vs. the raiders, it'll be another shoot out.

What scares me is that Fitz can tend to be Farvelike in some of his ballsy throws which could bite him in the arse and turn into an INT. This happened 3 times vs. the raiders. THe INT, the Chandler TD and the ball that Jones batted down.
        Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-22-2011, 10:26 AM.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

I think one thing that would be a big boost to the Bills is if Patrick Chung doesn't play. The Pats have some guys beat up, but Chung is the most critical because he is their best S, their weakest position. If he doesn't play (he had surgery on his thumb, so if he plays it will be in a cast), that would probably open up the passing game even more for Buffalo.
          Last edited by Ickybaluky; 09-22-2011, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X