PDA

View Full Version : Pats Injury Update

ghz in pittsburgh
09-22-2011, 02:55 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/09/22/s-chung-not-practicing-for-pats/

I admit outside of Brady and his receivers/TEs, I know very little of their team. OK maybe Ty Warren and the new DT Albert plus LB Mayo.

So this may not sound bad for the Pats. I'm surprised that they have not declared the safety out if he indeed had surgery this week.

justasportsfan
09-22-2011, 03:04 PM
MikeReiss Others not present: OL Sebastian Vollmer, DL Albert Haynesworth, DL Mike Wright, TE Aaron Hernandez, TE Dan Gronkowski (Mike Rodak reports)

that just simply means they weren't there but were most likely practicing in some undisclosed area to keep us guessing.

Ickybaluky
09-22-2011, 03:12 PM
The big one is Chung. He would leave a big void because they are very in experienced at S and he is their best player back there.

Chung did have surgery, but he could still play with a cast. He came back and played with a cast on his hand last week after hurting it, so I hope he can do the same thing after surgery.

Vollmer has been battling the back problem since preseason, but they have a pretty good situation filling in for him there with Nate Solder.

Wright is a valuable player and will be missed. He suffered a concussion, an injury that is concerning after his season was ended with a concussion in 2010. He won't play.

Hernandez is likely to miss the game, although there is an outside shot he can play if the sprain isn't as serious as reported. He doesn't need crutches and is walking without a limp, although that is a long way from playing.

Haynesworth and Gronkowski will play, unless something new cropped up. Both Practiced Wednesday. They are saying Haynesworth's injury is his back.

Ed
09-22-2011, 03:20 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/09/22/s-chung-not-practicing-for-pats/

I admit outside of Brady and his receivers/TEs, I know very little of their team. OK maybe Ty Warren and the new DT Albert plus LB Mayo.

So this may not sound bad for the Pats. I'm surprised that they have not declared the safety out if he indeed had surgery this week.
Ty Warren signed with the Broncos this past off-season, tore his tripcep in training camp, and was recently placed on IR.

scartown
09-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Pat Chung is out for Sunday.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Myron pryor is a big loss for them

TigerJ
09-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Hernandez is an athletic receiving TE who can line up in several spots and gives the Patriots the opportunity to do a number of creative things on offense that can cause confusion and matchup challenges for defenses. Not having him is fairly important. The Gronkowski boys are big and can catch the ball, but they are much more conventional tight ends, a lot like Scott Chandler for the Bills.

Mad Bomber
09-22-2011, 10:16 PM
MikeReiss Others not present: OL Sebastian Vollmer, DL Albert Haynesworth, DL Mike Wright, TE Aaron Hernandez, TE Dan Gronkowski (Mike Rodak reports)

that just simply means they weren't there but were most likely practicing in some undisclosed area to keep us guessing.That's BB's MO. He will never let his opponents know what the status is of his best players before the game.

psubills62
09-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Chung apparently practiced with a cast. Wouldn't be surprised if he played.

CAbills
09-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Yea sounds like Chung is going to play.

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Chung is already listed as out from what I heard on WGR.

Ickybaluky
09-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Chung is already listed as out from what I heard on WGR.

That was a premature report in the Boston Herald. He still may play, with a cast on his hand.

If he did play, the Pats would have 2 S playing with casts on their hand, as Josh Barrett has been playing with one as well.

ServoBillieves
09-23-2011, 11:01 AM
If we throw an INT against hand-crippled safeties... oi...

Ed
09-23-2011, 11:33 AM
If we throw an INT against hand-crippled safeties... oi...
I was going to say, at least their safeties shouldn't be getting any INT's this week.

justasportsfan
09-23-2011, 12:23 PM
maybe we can get our WRs to bat the ball down and test those casts.

Ickybaluky
09-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Chung is still iffy to play.

I think Albert Haynesworth, Dan Gronkowski, Sebastian Vollmer, Aaron Hernandez and Mike Wright all have a good chance of sitting out with injury, based on practice time (or lack of it) this week.

Ickybaluky
09-23-2011, 02:57 PM
3 NE players officially ruled out on injury report:

OT Sebastian Vollmer
TE Aaron Hernandez
DL Mike Wright

5 others are questionable:

S Patrick Chung
CB Ras-I Dowling
DL Albert Haynesworth
LB Jerod Mayo
P Zoltan Mesko

Ickybaluky
09-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Bills injury report:

Out

OL Urbik, CB McGee, LB Morrison

Probable:

WR Stevie Johnson, DT Troup, DE Spence Johnson

Mad Max
09-23-2011, 03:09 PM
I was going to say, at least their safeties shouldn't be getting any INT's this week.

Their safeties suck. It's this guy that we have to be concerned about with his intercepting prowess.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/wilfork-int.jpg

Ickybaluky
09-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Dan Gronkowski is not on the injury report, despite missing practice all week with a hamstring injury.

Best guess is that is because they are going to cut him. With Hernandez out they could use another TE, so they might cut Dan Gronkowski and elevate Garrett Mills from the PS.

Or... if P Zoltan Mesko can't play they might need to make a roster move to get a punter on the roster.

If that happens, I imagine Dan Gronkowski could be re-signed later. Kind of sucks for him, given he is from Amherst, NY.

YardRat
09-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Make up your mind, Icky...

Haynesworth and Gronkowski will play, unless something new cropped up. Both Practiced Wednesday.

Dan Gronkowski is not on the injury report, despite missing practice all week with a hamstring injury.

Ickybaluky
09-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Make up your mind, Icky...

Haynesworth and Gronkowski will play, unless something new cropped up. Both Practiced Wednesday.

Yeah, I screwed up on Dan Gronkowski. He missed all week. Haynesworth practiced Wednesday and then apparently somehow hurt his back and missed the rest of the week. Albert has a reputation of not gutting out injuries, so he probably won't play.

YardRat
09-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Chung is out according to the ESPN crawl.

Ickybaluky
09-24-2011, 02:27 PM
While Chung hasn't offically been ruled out, the Pats are rumored to promote Ross Ventrone from the PS today. That is probably a sign Chung will not play. The Pats have a roster spot free after released Dan Gronkowski yesterday (Gronkowski is supposed to be re-signed next week).

There are rumors of another move as well, although I am not sure what (of if it) will happen. Maybe they get another TE on the roster. The Pats currently have only 1 TE (Rob Gronkowski) for tomorrow's game. It could be they are planning on going with extra WR to spread the field instead of the multiple TE they have been using, which would be game-plan specific for Buffalo. Taylor Price has been inactive for the first 2 games after battling a groin injury. He is a promising young guy, so I could see him being used as an extra WR instead of having extra TE.

Injuries in a couple spots (secondary, TE), which has forced some roster-juggling.

Ickybaluky
09-24-2011, 04:48 PM
S Ross Ventrone has been promoted, but no TE. That makes me think:

1) Zoltan Mesko can punt, after hurting his knee and not finishing the game against San Diego

2) The Pats have 11 DBs on the roster. Part of that is because Patrick Chung and Ras-I Dowling are questionable, while Kyle Arrington is probable. Chung looks the least likely to play, but not matter what the Pats seem to want extra DBs to match up with the Bills spread looks.

3) The only healthy TE is Rob Gronkowski. The extra TE looks the Pats use heavily will be replace by more 3-WR and 4-WR spread sets. This effects the run game as well, as I expect less of BenJarvus Green-Ellis. Though Danny Woodhead will play a considerable role, don't be surprised if Stevan Ridley gets some play as well.

wmoz11
09-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Haynesworth and Chung ruled OUT.

Ickybaluky
09-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Haynesworth and Chung ruled OUT.

Taylor Price as well.

That means the 7 inactives are:

QB Ryan Mallett
TE Aaron Hernandez
WR Taylor Price
OT Sebastian Vollmer
DT Albert Haynesworth
DT Mike Wright
S Patrick Chung

Hernandez, Vollmer, Wright and Chung are starters.

wmoz11
09-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Taylor Price as well.

That means the 7 inactives are:

QB Ryan Mallett
TE Aaron Hernandez
WR Taylor Price
OT Sebastian Vollmer
DT Albert Haynesworth
DT Mike Wright
S Patrick Chung

Hernandez, Vollmer, Wright and Chung are starters.

:nervous:

SeatownBillsFan21
09-24-2011, 11:15 PM
I like our chances tomorrow : )

Ickybaluky
09-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Ras-I Dowling is the 7th inactive. He had a thigh injury and was a game-time decision. Worked out before the game and couldn't go.

A lot of inexperience in the Pats secondary. I would expect the Bills to try an exploit that.

Also, with the Pats only dressing 1 TE, look for LB Dane Fletcher to play the 2nd TE position on the goal-line.