PDA

View Full Version : How would a loss against the Patriots change your view of the season?

psubills62
09-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Since Op is getting absolutely pissy about the fact that I tried to discuss a hypothetical win and how it would affect people's view of the season....let's make things fair. I'd say the two questions are very realistic, as they cover 99% of the possible options (should I ask people how a tie would affect their season outlook?).

So would a loss change your view of the season and our final record at all? Or not?

Wouldn't change mine. I predicted 6-10, and if we lose I'd have no reason to change it yet.

Ed
09-22-2011, 03:23 PM
We could be a top 5 team and still lose to the Pats by double digits. Everyone is acting like this one game determines if we are legit or not, but it really doesn't.

No matter what happens this week, it's a long season and could still go either way.

justasportsfan
09-22-2011, 03:24 PM
why don't we talk about this if we actually end up losing the game?

Too many people on this board seem way too pessimistic.

this thread is pointless.

Forward_Lateral
09-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Wouldn't change mine. I predicted 9-7 before the season started, and had the Bills 2-0 at this point, with them losing to the Pats.

My expectations are in check.

psubills62
09-22-2011, 03:25 PM
We could be a top 5 team and still lose to the Pats by double digits. Everyone is acting like this one game determines if we are legit or not, but it really doesn't.

No matter what happens this week, it's a long season and could still go either way.
Agreed. Most people expect to lose, which is why I phrased the hypothetical win scenario to begin with.

Also, I'd consider San Diego to be a very good team. Their defense, especially against the pass, is consistently underrated. They lost by 14.

Sometimes, it also depends how you lose.

psubills62
09-22-2011, 03:27 PM

You're right. I should talk about what threads I would start on Monday depending on the outcome of the game. That's always exciting.

RoscoeMagic
09-22-2011, 03:28 PM
A L wouldn't change my view of the season per se. I thought 8-8 and thought we'd get swept by NE, so this would be right in line.

However, if we lose 58-0 I will feel a little more wobbly on my original thoughts on the season. I expect to compete at least. If it's something like 34-31 or a loss but we're within a TD, then it wouldn't change things. That's kind of what I anticipate.

Bill Cody
09-22-2011, 03:35 PM
It all depends. Our D needs to make Brady more uncomfortable. When he is like against the Lions in preseason, he is pretty ordinary. When he isn't he can look like Superman. So I'll be disapointed if we are the same old Bills getting ripped to shreds on D. I don't expect us to shut him down but a 40 + game by the Pats will be very disapointing to me and will be a big reality check going forward.

Bone
09-22-2011, 03:36 PM
I believe we can win and i wouldnt mind being 2-1 playing Cincy the next week.

DraftBoy
09-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Win or Lose the expectations remain the same, one game at a time.

Night Train
09-22-2011, 03:50 PM
It shouldn't change, since dozens of posters explained to me months back that the Bills were a 2-3 win team and would shout down anyone that disagreed.

Doing much better than we all thought, with a chance of beating the Pats.

THE NEW REALISM.

Ickybaluky
09-22-2011, 04:00 PM
I believe we can win and i wouldnt mind being 2-1 playing Cincy the next week.

Also, the Bills would be catching a break since Cedric Benson is gong to miss that game after being suspended.

Seems the Bills have a lot going for them to start the year. Maybe this is their year.

CleveSteve
09-22-2011, 04:02 PM
can't imagine Jerome Simpson is long for the league, either.

BertSquirtgum
09-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Another loss to the cheatriots would absolutely suck major ass.

psubills62
09-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Also, the Bills would be catching a break since Cedric Benson is gong to miss that game after being suspended.

Seems the Bills have a lot going for them to start the year. Maybe this is their year.
Honestly, I'm not sure how much of a break that is. I'd consider Bernard Scott to be more talented than Benson. JMO.

ddaryl
09-22-2011, 06:01 PM
if we lose we get *****y for a week...

doesn't change my view much as I only expected a 7-9 season... and signs of improvement

Oaf
09-22-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm glad Cassell played and I hope Benson escapes more jail and plays too.

imbondz
09-22-2011, 06:20 PM
so is San Diego not legit cuz they got smoked by the patsies

Mr. Pink
09-22-2011, 06:25 PM
A loss wouldn't change my view on the season, still think they're a 4-6 win team right now. A win, however, would make me think they're a legitimate contender.

As I've said before this Patriots team scares me more than the 18-1 team.

TigerJ
09-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Since I'm predicting a loss (reluctantly) it wouldn't really change my view of the season (which is that we're continuing to build the team and may be ready to dominate in 2012). If the Patriots really trample the Bills, that would probably lower my expectations for the rest of the season and maybe push back my calendar for the Bills a bit.

airdog32
09-22-2011, 09:38 PM
All we have is low expectations it seems! I for one will be expecting a win as i do every week, im a pretty depressed fan! But what else can we expect? I just hope we show up and play good! that will help this young team with confidence! 1 week at a time 9-7!

Mad Bomber
09-22-2011, 09:58 PM

I wouldn't say it's pointless...I think it came about because of a certain attack on the "how would a WIN against the Pats make you feel" thread.

BTW, I think the "how would you feel about a TIE against NE" thread was great.

justasportsfan
09-23-2011, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't say it's pointless...I think it came about because of a certain attack on the "how would a WIN against the Pats make you feel" thread.

:whistling:

why don't we talk about this if we actually end up winning the game?

Too many people on this board seem way too confident.

And no, I won't ignore it. It's an open forum, and if something seems pointless to me, then I'm going to call it out. You're not the post police and you don't get to tell me what I can and can't post.

justasportsfan
09-23-2011, 09:57 AM
I don't see OP blasting this thread because it talks about possibly losing.

psubills62
09-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Didn't you hear? The degree of realistic possibility determines level of presumption. The other thread was pie-in-the-sky hallucinatory fantasy created by a madman. This thread is grounded in FACT.

DraftBoy
09-23-2011, 10:51 AM

If we tie them Id feel ****ing fantastic.

DraftBoy
09-23-2011, 10:51 AM

You're a dummy head. Feel better now?