How would a loss against the Patriots change your view of the season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

How would a loss against the Patriots change your view of the season?

Since Op is getting absolutely pissy about the fact that I tried to discuss a hypothetical win and how it would affect people's view of the season....let's make things fair. I'd say the two questions are very realistic, as they cover 99% of the possible options (should I ask people how a tie would affect their season outlook?).

So would a loss change your view of the season and our final record at all? Or not?

Wouldn't change mine. I predicted 6-10, and if we lose I'd have no reason to change it yet.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • Ed
    • Sep 2002

Re: How would a loss against the Patriots change your view of the season?

We could be a top 5 team and still lose to the Pats by double digits. Everyone is acting like this one game determines if we are legit or not, but it really doesn't.

No matter what happens this week, it's a long season and could still go either way.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

why don't we talk about this if we actually end up losing the game?

Too many people on this board seem way too pessimistic.

this thread is pointless.
      Last edited by justasportsfan; 09-22-2011, 03:25 PM.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

Wouldn't change mine. I predicted 9-7 before the season started, and had the Bills 2-0 at this point, with them losing to the Pats.

My expectations are in check.

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ed
          We could be a top 5 team and still lose to the Pats by double digits. Everyone is acting like this one game determines if we are legit or not, but it really doesn't.

No matter what happens this week, it's a long season and could still go either way.
          Agreed. Most people expect to lose, which is why I phrased the hypothetical win scenario to begin with.

Also, I'd consider San Diego to be a very good team. Their defense, especially against the pass, is consistently underrated. They lost by 14.

Sometimes, it also depends how you lose.
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            why don't we talk about this if we actually end up losing the game?

Too many people on this board seem way too pessimistic.

this thread is pointless.
            You're right. I should talk about what threads I would start on Monday depending on the outcome of the game. That's always exciting.
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
              • Aug 2008

A L wouldn't change my view of the season per se. I thought 8-8 and thought we'd get swept by NE, so this would be right in line.

However, if we lose 58-0 I will feel a little more wobbly on my original thoughts on the season. I expect to compete at least. If it's something like 34-31 or a loss but we're within a TD, then it wouldn't change things. That's kind of what I anticipate.
              Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

It all depends. Our D needs to make Brady more uncomfortable. When he is like against the Lions in preseason, he is pretty ordinary. When he isn't he can look like Superman. So I'll be disapointed if we are the same old Bills getting ripped to shreds on D. I don't expect us to shut him down but a 40 + game by the Pats will be very disapointing to me and will be a big reality check going forward.

Comment

• Bone
                  Bone
                  • Oct 2006

I believe we can win and i wouldnt mind being 2-1 playing Cincy the next week.
                  BILLIEVE

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Win or Lose the expectations remain the same, one game at a time.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

It shouldn't change, since dozens of posters explained to me months back that the Bills were a 2-3 win team and would shout down anyone that disagreed.

Doing much better than we all thought, with a chance of beating the Pats.

THE NEW REALISM.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Stevie Styles 13
                        I believe we can win and i wouldnt mind being 2-1 playing Cincy the next week.
                        Also, the Bills would be catching a break since Cedric Benson is gong to miss that game after being suspended.

Seems the Bills have a lot going for them to start the year. Maybe this is their year.

Comment

• CleveSteve
                          • Apr 2011

can't imagine Jerome Simpson is long for the league, either.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            • May 2009

Another loss to the cheatriots would absolutely suck major ass.

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
                              Also, the Bills would be catching a break since Cedric Benson is gong to miss that game after being suspended.

Seems the Bills have a lot going for them to start the year. Maybe this is their year.
                              Honestly, I'm not sure how much of a break that is. I'd consider Bernard Scott to be more talented than Benson. JMO.
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X