PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Curry

k-oneputt
09-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Another one bites the dust DB.

DraftBoy
09-22-2011, 07:36 PM
He's struggled thus far no doubt about that. However jumping to conclusions so quickly are reasons why guys move on to 2nd or 3rd teams and burn their former squad for dumping them early. He's done far more than guys like Harvey or Maybin.

I do wonder how he would fit in a 34 as a ILB though.

k-oneputt
09-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Conclusions so quickly ? He was the 4th{?} pick in the draft. Let's ask Seasttle what they think. Congrats he is one step ahead of Maybin.

DraftBoy
09-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Conclusions so quickly ? He was the 4th{?} pick in the draft. Let's ask Seasttle what they think. Congrats he is one step ahead of Maybin.

He's still only 25 years old, you act like he's 28 and a 7 or 8 year veteran at this point. As I said there is no denying he has been a disapointment but it could be a scheme fit issue, a kick in the ass issue, or he could just not be as good as we all thought.

Ginger Vitis
09-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Aaron Curry was widely considered the "safest" pick in that 2009 draft

DraftBoy
09-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Aaron Curry was widely considered the "safest" pick in that 2009 draft

Yes he was and so far he has proven that very wrong.

PromoTheRobot
09-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Seattle is cheap.

PTR

X-Era
09-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Yes he was and so far he has proven that very wrong.If you're worried that this is the last poster to call you out on your opinions on a prospect you liked... just wait longer... You will hear it again.

Have you managed to find that draft fan crystal ball store yet? I'm still looking.

"opinion"

"prospect"

Not a lot of guarantees in those two words. Now if you want quality opinions, Db is as good as it gets on a free message board or internet site.

Just out of curiosity is a person wrong when they like the way they think a player projects into the NFL? To be wrong you would have to be wrong in liking the way you think they project... Not in whether they ever become something or not.

k-oneputt
09-23-2011, 05:27 PM
What the f does that bs all mean ?

You talk out of your ass on a player and he sucks you take the hit. That is what the banter is for.

The Bills took the hit with their stupid picks for a decade.

X-Era
09-23-2011, 06:50 PM
What the f does that bs all mean ?

You talk out of your ass on a player and he sucks you take the hit. That is what the banter is for.

The Bills took the hit with their stupid picks for a decade.Stating an opinion on how a player may project is not talking out of your ass.

If you expect guarantees get a crystal ball... I'm surprised you can't see the difference.

k-oneputt
09-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Who expects quarantees ?

Some people around here get awfully touchy if you happen to disagree with their opinion.
Why don't we just all agree with everything and everybody will be happy.

X-Era
09-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Who expects quarantees ?

Some people around here get awfully touchy if you happen to disagree with their opinion.
Why don't we just all agree with everything and everybody will be happy.Disagreeing on an opinion is one thing. Lying in the weeds ready to pounce when someone might be wrong is another.

I'd take Curry in a heart beat if we could get him. But like Db said, I think ILB in a 3-4 may be a better spot.

k-oneputt
09-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Rumor has it a 7th rd. pick can get Curry.

Just because he is close to SEC country it doesn't mean he played in the SEC.

DraftBoy
09-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Rumor has it a 7th rd. pick can get Curry.

Just because he is close to SEC country it doesn't mean he played in the SEC.

Id make that deal in a second. Would you not?

k-oneputt
09-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Id make that deal in a second. Would you not?

Yes I would.
Seattle said that they have had no offers from anyone.

But if Seattle is willing to let him go for a 7th that means he will probably be getting cut.

Lexwhat
09-29-2011, 08:31 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822aea2d/article/seahawks-open-to-trading-former-firstrounder-lb-curry?module=HP11_headline_stack

The Seahawks have not yet begun to shop him ahead of the trade deadline but are not averse to it, and would listen to offers, according to the source. Curry restructured his contract in the offseason, which could help facilitate a trade.

Despite his minimal production in Seattle, Curry's athleticism and potential would certainly attract suitors. He could end up being one of the bigger names dealt before the deadline in a few weeks.

Lexwhat
09-29-2011, 08:40 PM
I would give up a 6th/7th Round pick for Curry in a second (assuming that's the asking price). If the Seahawks cut him, there's no way he'll clear the waiver wire all the way up to us.

He's a very high character guy and would fit ideally here, IMO. We could do a lot worse.

Mahdi
09-29-2011, 08:43 PM
I simply never agreed with taking a 4-3 LB that high in the draft. Curry IMO was never worth his draft position.

k-oneputt
09-29-2011, 09:24 PM
I simply never agreed with taking a 4-3 LB that high in the draft. Curry IMO was never worth his draft position.

Agree 100 %.

Lexwhat
09-30-2011, 03:02 AM

I don't get this post... Are you talking about OLBs in the 4-3? MLBs in the 4-3? Did you mean that "Sam" LBs in the 4-3 are not worth a top-5 pick??

Considering that half the picks are busts anyway, Aaron Curry was a great pick at the time. Coming out of college, I believe he was projected best at the "Sam" LB position, but he was versatile and could play other LB positions as well.

I could name a ton of OLBs / MLBs who play in (or have played in at some point in their career) a 4-3 defense that would be worth a top-5 draft pick.

MLBs: Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, London Fletcher, Jonathan Vilma, Patrick Willis.
OLBs: Takeo Spikes, Derrick Brooks.

Injuries and age have affected some of these players. And due to the nature of today's NFL, most teams have switched to the 3-4, but my original point still holds valid. Moreover, a lot of great 3-4 OLBs today would probably succeed at OLB in the 4-3 as well.

DraftBoy
09-30-2011, 07:37 AM
I still would be interested to see him at ILB in a 34.

k-oneputt
09-30-2011, 07:38 AM
My position on him is, I just never thought he was that good at Wake Forest.
By that I mean dominating, top-5 pick good. Whenever I watched him in college he seemed to me to be more of a solid/good player but never really took over and dominated. At least the games I saw of him.

DraftBoy
09-30-2011, 07:42 AM
My position on him is, I just never thought he was that good at Wake Forest.
By that I mean dominating, top-5 pick good. Whenever I watched him in college he seemed to me to be more of a solid/good player but never really took over and dominated. At least the games I saw of him.

He certainly had some moments where he took over games. He had a three game stretch his senior year (Miami, Maryland, and Clemson) where he was the maybe the most dominant LB in the country.

The thing with Curry is that there was never a bad game, he was just so consistent in his ability. That's what got his stock so high. I mean he averaged 6.5 tackles per game over a four year career. That just doesn't happen for OLB's very often.