PDA

View Full Version : To get a win this Sunday...

Don't Panic
09-23-2011, 09:30 AM
I'm curious what the general thought is about just how productive our offense will need to be to overcome the points the Pats are going to put up.

The over/under is 53.5, meaning the winner will need 27 points to get the W. That sounds about right to me... I could easily see the Pats hanging 28 on us, even if we play fairly well on defense. One TD a quarter really isn't that much for them after all.

That means we may need to score 30 to win. Will we do it? Can we play a disciplined man defense and get pressure with our front four to stop them on, say, an every other drive basis? I know we'll find out Sunday, but what do you think?

psubills62
09-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Pats have scored 30+ points in like 12 straight games or something dating back to last year. We're going to need more than 27, IMO. I'd say we need to get around 40 or more to win.

Don't Panic
09-23-2011, 10:01 AM
I think we're a long shot to win if they score over 35. Acehole mentioned turnovers in the other thread... that may be the only way we can outscore them if they put that many points on the board.

I think we need to keep them under 30 to have a legit chance. New England's good but not great defense will be tough to get any more points on. I'd be shocked if we were able to score much more than 30 on Sunday.

justasportsfan
09-23-2011, 10:04 AM
All this talk about Fitz being smart will be put to the test. BB is looking to play with Fitz's head as always. We can watch all the tape we want but we know BB tends to come up with something different and disguise schemes.

mikemac2001
09-23-2011, 10:10 AM
No turnovers
No Fg's (maybe 1)

And No big Plays given up on D

and we have a chance

NOT THE DUDE...
09-23-2011, 10:13 AM
play like we played the last 2 weeks on offense. and rush 5 every play on d. that way brady wont have forever, which could cause a couple turnovers and help us win. also play bump and run pass d. disrupt the routes for the pats... that would be my plan

DraftBoy
09-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Deception.

We aren't talented enough to just line up and beat them, we need to out scheme them.

justasportsfan
09-23-2011, 11:39 AM
we better be ready and fit vs. their no huddle

Ed
09-23-2011, 11:43 AM
I think we'll need to take some chances on 4th and short. If we start settling for FG's and let them pull ahead, we're toast.

ddaryl
09-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Usually when everyone's predicting blow out the opposite happens... I wouldn't be surprised to see a more defensive struggle..

Then it comes down to who gets hot in the end.

But this is a game where coaching dictates a victory... This game is Chan's to ensure his coaches have schemed up a plan that puts our players in position to make big plays...

Mski
09-23-2011, 02:10 PM
I dont think NE's D is any better than ours against the pass right now, they havent been able to get much pressure so far, and their still getting used to the 4-3, that being said its now week 3, and defenses around the league will start to catch up to the offenses, and scoring will go down league wide. If the O/U for the game is under 60 I'd def bet the over, we'll likely need 35 to beat them.

Captain gameboy
09-23-2011, 02:34 PM
This is why we pay Dave Wannsted.

He wasn't employed to lend a name.
He is here to provide guidance on how to beat this team.

Ickybaluky
09-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Turnovers are the biggest statistic. If you look at the last 3 games the Pats lost:

Reg Season, Jets: Pats 3 turnovers, Jets none

Reg Season, Cle: Pats 3 turnovers, Cle 1

Playoffs, Jets: Pats 1 TO, Jets none

The Pats also missed a FG in the playoff game against the Jets, which is like a TO.

The Pats usually do a good job protecting the ball and limiting mistakes. Forcing them to make mistakes is critical to beating them.