PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Jones sends signal he can handle starting job

justasportsfan
09-23-2011, 10:52 AM
"They can't trade Lee, he's the man out here."

But in the days leading up to the trade, Evans pulled Jones aside and told him he might see more reps in practice.

"That's when I knew the trade was going to happen," Jones said. "But it was still a shock. ... It's definitely big shoes to fill but we're here in Week Three so that whole thing is behind us."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article567101.ece

Bill Cody
09-23-2011, 11:35 AM
But in the days leading up to the trade, Evans pulled Jones aside and told him he might see more reps in practice.

That's interesting to me. Did Evans have a hint he was going to be moved? If so, why? Unless he asked to be moved.

Ed
09-23-2011, 11:39 AM
That's interesting to me. Did Evans have a hint he was going to be moved? If so, why? Unless he asked to be moved.
Well considering people in the media already knew that Evans was being shopped around, I'm sure he and his agent knew what was going on as well.

better days
09-23-2011, 11:45 AM

Well he could have been told that he was going to be moved & then asked to be traded to a good team. There is no question Chan prefers the short passing game to the long ball.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-23-2011, 01:00 PM
stevie can get deep, so can donald. hell even naaman can catch a deep ball once in a great while along with spiller. there was no room for evans and the bills wanted tougher wrs on their team. plus we get a 4th next year. sounds good to me!

tampabay25690
09-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Evans knew the team was moving in a different direction.

I guess this move has worked out ok so far....