PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Morrison Out Sunday

Bulldog
09-23-2011, 02:46 PM
How big of an impact does Morrison being out on Sunday have on the Bills defense?

psubills62
09-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Not much. I think he's played like 5 snaps so far this year.

He's a good run defender, but he still hasn't been with us that long and is farther down on the depth chart. I'm pretty sure Moats will play if we need someone to step up.

I should also mention that that LB position (behind Andra Davis) isn't on the field very often. We're almost certainly going to be in nickel and dime against Brady all game, so we'll have Barnett on the field and then a bunch of DB's.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-23-2011, 03:00 PM
yeah barnett and scott will be the nickel lbs... but we do have shepp and white who are very talented against the run so we should be fine. i know this might be impossible but we must get pressure with 4 and 5 man fronts, ie, merriman must bust out and dominate. we need him to terrorize the back side... thats the only way we win, is if merriman has a big day, im not worried about our o, i think we score 30 again...

NOT THE DUDE...
09-23-2011, 03:01 PM
merriman must step up and be the player he used to be. he needs to have a big day for us to have a shot. im talking tons of pressure and sacks... we need him bad...

SquishDaFish
09-23-2011, 03:16 PM
merriman must step up and be the player he used to be. he needs to have a big day for us to have a shot. im talking tons of pressure and sacks... we need him bad...

I agree we need a big performance from him BUT he has been VERY SOLID for us so far. Sacks arent the only thing a LB needs to do on this team

NOT THE DUDE...
09-23-2011, 03:48 PM
I agree we need a big performance from him BUT he has been VERY SOLID for us so far. Sacks arent the only thing a LB needs to do on this team

oh yeah, dont get me wrong, hes been very solid setting the edge vs the run and with a couple nice pressures but we need him to seriously challenge the edge this week... :air: a couple sacks and ff wouldnt hurt, ya know?

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Has Morrison even done anything?

jimbohastle51
09-23-2011, 04:40 PM
i have to admit he is a very solid LB but i think we are going to be ok without him for this one. i would be more worried about our secondary. we will have 5 and 6 DB's on the field basically all game. hopefully mckelvin doesnt give up a big play and hopefully corner is up to speed cause both will be HEAVILY relied on in this match up.

Beebe's Kid
09-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Merriman had a good interview on BB.com yesterday, explaining that the D has been geared to stop the run the last two weeks. I took his tone as insinuating that he'll be let go a little this week.

Morrison will be a good player for us, but he was such a late edition that he hasn't done much but sub in.

MDP, I don't know what you are talking about White for...he has barely played. Shep is going to be a special player...and Davis is liable to be exposed against the Pats, allowing us to see more Shep.

I am going to beat Jan to the punch and plug bringing Coleman back if anybody is going to be out for a while, but I think that playing Nickel and Dime packages with Scort would be the way to go against the Pats.

JCBills
09-24-2011, 02:05 PM
yeah barnett and scott will be the nickel lbs... but we do have shepp and white who are very talented against the run so we should be fine. i know this might be impossible but we must get pressure with 4 and 5 man fronts, ie, merriman must bust out and dominate. we need him to terrorize the back side... thats the only way we win, is if merriman has a big day, im not worried about our o, i think we score 30 again...

Getting pressure with 4 and 5 man fronts impossible? Lol, what?

BillsWin
09-24-2011, 02:21 PM
It gives our young guys Sheppard and Moats a chance to make an impact.

I think Moats on passing downs might be a good match against a maligned Patriots offensive line.

Oaf
09-24-2011, 04:24 PM
It gives our young guys Sheppard and Moats a chance to make an impact.

I think Moats on passing downs might be a good match against a maligned Patriots offensive line.
I'd rather give them their "chance to make an impact" next week.

I think the more important question is how big of an impact does Troupe being in on Sunday have on the Bills defense?

jimbohastle51
09-24-2011, 10:17 PM
agreed. and i definintely think morrison will be starting by the end of the season. even if sheppard starts picking things up at the ed of the season morrison will be 30 and davis will be 33 and both will bill free agents. they are both playing for a contract and i am sure only one of them would be offered the chance to return will all the youth we have at the position. i am sure morrison can be that guy for a few years.

ChristopherWalken
09-25-2011, 09:27 AM
I think at this point it depletes the depth and forces others to step it up and play longer. We need bigger play on the pass from the front 7 today regardless.

YardRat
09-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Might be a significant Moats sighting today.