PDA

View Full Version : A peep talk for Bills Mafia

DesertFox24
09-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Well boys and girls that time has come.... The Bills will be playing arguably their biggest game since the 1999 Music City Forward Lateral game, and that can mean only one thing.Yes thats right.... Buffalo Bills relevance.

The decade of impotence that has been fielded in Buffalo since the hiring of Tom Donahue as GM in 2001, and carried over to the likes of Russ Brandon and the eve more ludicrous Marv Levy has finally come to an end with the hire of Buddy Nix. Buddy actually started the process of having the Bills field a team that could one day potentially (2013) be a super bowl contender. In other words the antithesis of the Dick Jauron fielded teams that were built as heinous examples of a football team and meant to entertain the Bills Mafia (what Bills fans has started calling themselves, catchy isn't it) with a brand of football so ungodly, lurid, loathsome, and at times ghastly that schools re instituted the ancient training practice of teaching kids to hide under their desk during a nuclear explosion, so that they could potentially be lucky enough to save themselves from the sights and sounds on Sundays during the fall. Unfortunately this re instituted training practice worked as well as it would have during the Cold War, in other words as well as the Bills played on Sundays.

Much like the unveiling of the new and much improved uniforms (those white helmets are HELLA awesome), this team now has competent leadership, that wait for it..... shockingly draft prospects that were.... PRODUCTIVE IN COLLEGE (Eric Cartman Voice). I know to most of us this is a concept that would seem easy to grasp; however, for the bills they proved that they lacked even one iota of draft day knowledge and tried continually to play the smartest guy in the room theory rather than do the smart thing. Those days much like the Cold War school training sessions are over. Buddy Nix has arrived on his white horse, in the same fashion as the Greatest President to ever preside... Ronald "My Fellow Americans" Reagan did in the 1980's and as Reagan destroyed communism, so too has Buddy Nix come to end the rein of dysfunction that has presided like a dark cloud over the franchise since that day, that day in Tennessee in 1999.

So on Sunday after the game when the Bills have broken the 15 game losing streak do the right thing and buy a Bills fan a beer and say "welcome back Buffalo."

marchitello
09-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Regan...really?

DesertFox24
09-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Regan...really?

Yes I do like Reagan, but I used him in reference to the ending the Cold War, much like Nix will get the credit if we end the decade of despair.

mr_kotter
09-23-2011, 03:55 PM
That steelers game against their scrubs was our biggest game since 99.

Coach Sal
09-23-2011, 03:57 PM
I love pep talks.......I mean peep talks! :)

sdbillsfan2
09-23-2011, 04:25 PM
I love pep talks.......I mean peep talks! :)

Me too ! Even in high school we had peep rallies.. you know ...the kind when you line up those little marshmallow bunnies and fight it out. :laughing:

Sorry DF.....couldn't resist...way to set em up coach ...lol

cpearl
09-23-2011, 05:25 PM
I had a peep talk one time. I was really drunk with this girl and needed to perform.

Oaf
09-23-2011, 05:33 PM
That steelers game against their scrubs was our biggest game since 99.
Then Titans '06..

DesertFox24
09-23-2011, 07:15 PM
LOL sorry guys messed up on that one.

Anyway I hope we win this game and it ushers in a new era for the bills. Much like what happened in 89.

sdbillsfan2
09-23-2011, 11:41 PM
LOL sorry guys messed up on that one.

Anyway I hope we win this game and it ushers in a new era for the bills. Much like what happened in 89.

We knew what you meant DF ,no big deal.. I'd like a win and a new era to begin on Sunday too.

ublinkwescore
09-24-2011, 08:11 AM
I had a peep talk one time. I was really drunk with this girl and needed to perform.

i have that problem too when i'm drunk sometimes.

ublinkwescore
09-24-2011, 08:13 AM
if we can beat the patriots, our time is now. there is a window of opportunity once again to not only make the playoffs, but be legit superbowl contenders. if chan gailey needs a body guard, I'd take a bullet for the guy.

ServoBillieves
09-24-2011, 06:19 PM
I understand the optimism of a win for this game. Hell, the last Bills Patriots game was a shut out win some few years ago I think we all remember... But we need to go to the Jets x2, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, "trap" games with Tennessee and Cincinatti, and also Foxboro. I'll be excited 3-0 but talk to me when we're at 5 wins